• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stackable Racks - Hot Pans? Hot How?

In summary, the stackable cooling rack can be used to hold hot pans without any problems. However, it is not suggested to do so because the metal stand may break the glass top of a three-tier stand.
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
I know you can't put the stackable cooling racks in the oven (an oxymoron anyway, right?!) but I'm not clear as to whether you can put hot pans on them, and if so, how hot? I have very little counter space and find myself pulling things from the oven only to have no place to put them.

For example, could the cast iron grill press be placed on it?

(but I did, by the way, find another place to put the grill press - on the bottom level of my three-tierd stand - works great!)

Use & Care doesn't address it which makes me think it's not advised?

Hot on the three tiered stand? I would think that could break the glass. I put my DCB straight out of the microwave w/ the 30 min chicken on the stackable cooling rack. Same for my bar pan straight out of the oven. But you can always use a trivet.

Shelly Flanagan said:
Hot on the three tiered stand? I would think that could break the glass. I put my DCB straight out of the microwave w/ the 30 min chicken on the stackable cooling rack. Same for my bar pan straight out of the oven. But you can always use a trivet.

3-Tierd Stand - Oh, no, I mean the metal 3-stack onto which you put plates and so forth, not the ceramic "Adjustable Tierd Tower"

Thanks for the info. I do have trivets and hot pads, I just don't have space. I'm looking to go Vertical!

You can put straight-from-the-oven hot stuff on the cooling racks without any problem. Putting a 500F pan on top of a cooling rack is different than putting a cooling rack (with little rubber feet) in a hot oven.

Thanks, Rae, that answers it.

(and to anyone reading this thread now, 5 yrs, 20 yrs into the future - if you haven't decoded my Title by now, I meant, "how hot?" not "hot how?" Time for bed!:indif:)

I always use the stackable cooling rack for my DCB, large bar pan, etc. No problems at all--love it! I have had one of the little knobs covering the feet of the rack turn up missing, but you can buy little bags of 4 of those on the replacement listing.

1. How do the Stackable Racks work?

The Stackable Racks are designed to be used with Pampered Chef's Hot Pans. The racks are placed in the pan, allowing for multiple layers of food to be cooked at the same time. The racks also create space between each layer, allowing for even heat distribution and preventing food from getting soggy.

2. Are the Stackable Racks oven-safe?

Yes, the Stackable Racks are made from durable, oven-safe materials and can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes them perfect for baking, roasting, and broiling in the oven.

3. Can the Stackable Racks be used with any type of pan?

The Stackable Racks are specifically designed to be used with Pampered Chef's Hot Pans. They are not recommended for use with other pans as they may not fit properly or provide the same level of performance.

4. How many layers can the Stackable Racks hold?

The Stackable Racks can hold up to three layers of food, depending on the thickness of the food being cooked. It is important to evenly distribute the weight and not overload the racks to ensure proper cooking and prevent tipping.

5. Are the Stackable Racks dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Stackable Racks are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the racks and prevent any potential warping or damage from the high heat of the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
krhodes74
Replies