• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Pampered Chef Professional Cookware Durable?

In summary, a customer's set of professional cookware has had nonstick coating come off the interior, and the cookware has not been in the dishwasher or had anything but nylon tools used in it. There have been a few instances of the handles separating from the pans, but the cost to send the pans back to the manufacturer is prohibitive.
tinachef
Has anyone had a customer encounter problems with the professional cookware. I have a customer who got her set in 2001 and has had to return all the pans due to the nonstick coating coming off the interior. I asked HO and they said to refer to the Use and Care card for suggestions on why this may be happening. The cookware has not been in the dishwasher or had anything but nylon tools used in it.

Yep, I've helped a customer get hers replaced because of a similar problem. She didn't put it in the dishwasher either. If she can track down when she bought it and if it was from a show she hosted, you can help her get them replaced. Hopefully she knows what show she got them at.

just fyi on the flip side, I have had mine for 3 years and it is great! Not quite as great at the exec, but really nice still

I've had mine for 5 years and I did have one piece I had to get replaced. I have sold quite a bit of it and have only had one customer who needed to replace a piece of her set (twice) so i would say it's a small percentage that have any issues.

How much is it to send one of the big skillets back to HO? My exe skillet's handle is seperating, but I don't want to exchange it because
1. I use the skillet everyday and don't know what I will do without it.
2. The cost..even though I will get a brand new one.

krzymomof4 said:
How much is it to send one of the big skillets back to HO? My exe skillet's handle is seperating, but I don't want to exchange it because
1. I use the skillet everyday and don't know what I will do without it.
2. The cost..even though I will get a brand new one.
I would box it up and take it to your post office. Ask them the cheapest way to send it with delivery confirmation.

Leslie -
Call HO to get a reference number, and let them know that you use it frequently for demos and personal use. They may send you one before they receive the old one back.

Another reason I am not sending it back is that I can't find my receipt. I think I may have even used someone else's host special that they turned down (with their permission).
I know, I know, I tell everyone to keep the receipt and I didn't do it myself. I thought I may have earned it, but I have no record of it and I didn't put it in as a non commission order because I looked that up already.
So because it is probably in someone else's name, I can't use the excuse that I use it for shows. KWIM

I had a person come up to me at my FM booth and tell me that the non-stick on theirs is not cleaning well, it's cracked and so on. Wanted to know about how to return it...get this, she was a former consultant who NEVER had to return anything so she didn't have a clue. I am thinking that she must have either been a consultant for a day or two or very, VERY lucky. Sometimes I have to take a step back and look at my booth to see if it says PC complaint dept. I get it from all directions sometimes.

I had a lady that said that one of her Professional skillets was peeling, but she did not want to return it because it still cooks just as good and did not want to do without it by returning it.

What is the difference between professional cookware and regular cookware?

Professional cookware is specifically designed for use in a professional kitchen setting, such as in a restaurant or catering business. It is typically made with higher quality materials and construction, and can withstand frequent and heavy use. Regular cookware, on the other hand, is designed for use in a home kitchen and may not be as durable or high-performing as professional cookware.

What makes professional cookware more expensive?

The higher cost of professional cookware is due to the use of premium materials, such as stainless steel or copper, as well as the meticulous manufacturing process and attention to detail. Professional cookware is also designed to withstand high heat and heavy use, making it more durable and long-lasting.

Can professional cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Most professional cookware is designed to be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that the cookware is compatible with your specific stovetop.

What is the best way to clean professional cookware?

Professional cookware should be hand washed with warm, soapy water and dried immediately with a soft cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the cookware. Some professional cookware may also be dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions.

How do I know if a piece of cookware is considered "professional"?

A piece of cookware is considered professional if it is specifically marketed and designed for use in a professional kitchen setting. It may be labeled as "professional grade" or "commercial quality." Additionally, professional cookware is often made with higher quality materials and may have a heavier weight and sturdier construction compared to regular cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CRuff
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • mspibb