• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Professional Cookware Losing It's Coating

In summary, some customers have had their professional cookware lose its nonstick properties, while others have had theirs warp.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Anyone have customers that have complained about the professional cookware becoming dull and losing it's "nonstick-ness"? I have a customer that purchased the 4 & 6 pc sets and family skillet. She has been using the skillet pieces to fry foods. They now look TERRIBLE! and are losing their coating.

I've read and re-read the use and care guides. They recommend medium to medium high heat. They say that you should only use high heat for stir-fry, boiling, and....something else, I forget :) It doesn't specifically mention frying but if they are skillets, shouldn't you be able to fry in them? The pic of the family skillet (on use and care guide) even shows it with fried chicken in it.

She is Filipino and does a lot of egg rolls and stir fry. I'm afraid HO is going to say that frying is considered a "misuse".

Anyone come across this problem? I don't fry foods so I haven't had any problems with my professional and executive pieces.

I'd call HO and tell them that it has been a normal use of the product and see what they say.

I am having the same problem with one customer. She has only had it for 1 month and the coating is also coming off. She is someone who reads and follows the "destructions". So I know she wasn't using sharp tools on it, plus I asked.

I would think what she is doing IS NORMAL use...HO should replace them, no questions asked!

If youre concerned about HO, I wouldn't mention the frying; just say the coating is coming off.

To me frying is normal. That as the main reason I buy a skillet. Call HO and get it replaced. And when I fry I do it on medium high heat anyway b/c my high heat will burn it before it is cooked.

yes, I have a customer who's is flaking, she doesnt have her receipt and HO wont help her. Mine is dull and ugly looking. I havent called HO yet, havent found the time, besides everytime I call there is an hour & 1/2 wait. :S

Chef Diane said:
yes, I have a customer who's is flaking, she doesnt have her receipt and HO wont help her. Mine is dull and ugly looking. I havent called HO yet, havent found the time, besides everytime I call there is an hour & 1/2 wait. :S

Are you not getting the message where you can schedule a call back? I always do that and they have always call me back within the time they say.

When I have had customers without receipts if they can prove show info like the when, host and the consultant HO has looked it up.

I have a customer who said her professional cookware is also flaking. I haven't had that problem, but mine has started warping a little bit. I don't know what is causing that.

Looks like I worried for nothing :) I did adjustments online, was contacted by HO via email to see if it was the entire cookware set or just pieces. I told them what pieces and they gave me a reference number. No questions asked about use. :)

1. What causes the coating on professional cookware to peel or chip?

The most common reason for the coating on professional cookware to peel or chip is due to improper use and care. This can include using metal utensils, cooking at high temperatures, and using abrasive cleaning methods.

2. Can the coating be replaced or repaired?

Unfortunately, the coating on professional cookware cannot be replaced or repaired. Once it begins to peel or chip, the entire pot or pan must be replaced.

3. How can I prevent the coating from peeling or chipping?

To prevent the coating on your professional cookware from peeling or chipping, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for use and care. This includes using silicone or wooden utensils, avoiding high heat, and hand washing with gentle detergents.

4. Is professional cookware with a non-stick coating safe to use?

Yes, professional cookware with a non-stick coating is safe to use as long as it is used and cared for properly. The coating is made with materials that are not harmful to ingest, but it is important to avoid using metal utensils and cooking at high temperatures, which can release potentially harmful chemicals.

5. How long should the coating on professional cookware last?

The lifespan of the coating on professional cookware can vary depending on use and care. With proper use and care, it can last for several years. However, it is important to regularly check for signs of wear and tear and replace the cookware if necessary to ensure safe and effective cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • jss016
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefshawna
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips