• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

8Qt Stock Pot-Professional Cookware

In summary, a consultant's aunt purchased a 5 piece set of Professional Cookware with no issues, but later bought an 8 quart pot separately which did not have the same appearance and seemed to be missing a coating on the outside. The aunt, who does not have the receipt or information about the consultant she bought it from, is wondering if she can return the pot under the lifetime guarantee. The consultant suggests having the aunt call Home Office directly to resolve the issue, but it is unclear if the pot is actually part of the current non-stick line or from a previous line with a limited guarantee. The consultant and others in the conversation are unsure why the aunt did not address the issue earlier and speculate that the consultant may have broken up a
chellb1234
Up to see family this Thanksgiving and my Aunt shows me her Cookware (now that im a consultant she is asking me if/what can be done)
she said she doesn't have receipt for it, doesn't know the consultant she bought it from, she was an outside order from someone who had a friend doing the cooking show.
She bought the set and then ordered this pot seprately (not sure if that can be done, haven't been in the biz long enough) but anyway...she got the 5 piece set and had no problems, when she opened up the 8qt, it didn't look like the 5 piece set at all, she said it almost looked like they forgot to coat the outside. obviously she has had it for several years and still continues to use this pot, but was wondering if she can turn it in since it was lifetime guarantee. the more she uses it, the "worse" it looks, she has never put it in dishwasher either. heck she didn't eve have a dishwasher till this past october when they bought a new house...
anywho...here is a picture of it...any ideas????

Attachments

• SANDRA'S POT.jpg
    SANDRA'S POT.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 546
Weird that she didn't sent it back when she first got it. Is it non-stick inside? The professional is black on the outside. Was it ever black for her?

I would have HER call home office (you can be there with her when she does). Explain the situation, have them look up her name and order info. THEY can find it. Then they can help her. BUT, she will need to talk to them directly. They will have lots of questions for her that you may not be able to answer. They'll give her the instructions for returning, etc.

ok thanks! and no it has never been black, but it is nonstick inside

Taking a look at the picture you posted, I'm not sure that pot is part of the current non-stick line (Professional) - it looks like one of the previous lines, which had a limited guarantee (5 year?), not the lifetime. I'm basing this on the way the rim looks in that shot - it looks like it comes straight up, instead of having a bit of a flare/rim. In fact, it kinda looks like a Calphalon pot :) If it is a PC piece, it should say so on the bottom (and may have what line it's from).

And at least in the last 4 years, you could only get the 8 qt pot as part of a set, not separately (you can get the 12 quart individually).

I'd agree it would be easiest for you to have her call HO directly. Then you're not the bad guy if an exchange is denied. I would prep her in advance that she will have to pay to ship it to HO for any exchange.

Melissa

It's definitely not our current line of cookware. The handles are different and the rim, as Melissa mentioned. Make sure the bottom says PC on it, because I also thought it reminds me of Calphalon cookware. :)

I am looking at a F/W '03 catalog...it does look like our pots from that line "Professional Cookware" (Lifetime guarantee). [Current line is "Executive".] The handles, the rim, the general shape of the 8 qt looks like that in the picture, but it's only in the set. You could buy a 4 qt casserole pot w/lid separately, but not the 8 qt- AT LEAST not as of the F/W '03 line. :) Doesn't mean they didn't have it later. Definitely have her call HO.

That is definitely the Professional. My question is why didn't she say something when she got it? It obviously looked different than the rest and then the catalog shots.

I know it is PC, i looked at the bottom. and I really have NO CLUE why she didn't say anything back then...I'm sure at the time since she didn't even know the consultant she wasn't sure what to do. No one ever followed up with her purchase either, which i think is quite amazing since she bought a line of cookware full price!

Did you have her call Home Office yet to see if they could find her purchase?

She is going to do it on Monday, so we shall see! I will keep you updated tho!

I wonder if the consultant broke up a set?

ivykeep said:
I wonder if the consultant broke up a set?

I would hope not. If she had, she should have known it was defective. Im thinking the customer was confused as to which piece was bought separately. Whatever happened, it should have been adjusted at the time. Woulda, shoulda, coulda...

BethCooks4U said:
I would hope not. If she had, she should have known it was defective. Im thinking the customer was confused as to which piece was bought separately. Whatever happened, it should have been adjusted at the time. Woulda, shoulda, coulda...

I'd say this is possible. The pot would come in its own box, because it's so big, easy to think it's not a part of the set.

And the consultant may never have opened the box...

UnUnfortunately, because there is so much gray market items out there (like sales on ebay) they may not be able to do much at this point for her, so I would prepare her for that as well.

1. What is the size of the 8Qt Stock Pot?

The 8Qt Stock Pot has a capacity of 8 quarts, making it perfect for cooking large batches of soups, stews, and stocks.

2. Is the 8Qt Stock Pot suitable for all stovetops?

Yes, the 8Qt Stock Pot is designed to be compatible with all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction.

3. What is the material of the 8Qt Stock Pot?

The 8Qt Stock Pot is made of professional-grade stainless steel, providing durability and even heat distribution for cooking.

4. Can the 8Qt Stock Pot be used in the oven?

Yes, the 8Qt Stock Pot is oven-safe up to 500°F, allowing you to use it for a variety of cooking methods.

5. Is the 8Qt Stock Pot dishwasher safe?

Yes, the 8Qt Stock Pot is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, handwashing with warm soapy water is recommended to maintain its quality and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • vanscootin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
pampered1224