• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Year Did Professional Cookware Come Out?

In summary, professional cookware has been around since ancient times, but the modern form was introduced in the 19th century. It became popular in the late 1800s and has since seen many advancements such as non-stick coatings, stainless steel, and ceramic materials. Pampered Chef has been selling professional cookware since its founding in 1980. Whether or not it is worth the investment depends on individual preferences and needs.
bridgetbakes
Does anyone know? I have a customer who says her mom purchased her pans for her in 1999. Was the Professional cookware out then? Just trying to figure out if she has the old Generations or if these could be Professional pans...

Thanks!

That would be the old Generation II. I'm not exactly sure what year the Professional came out, but it was right around the time I joined, which was 2004.

Prof. was in the catalog when I signed in 2001, but I think it was still only the first or second year for it.The Professional cookware says "Professional" on the bottom. It's also anodized aluminum. The Generation II is enameled. It looks completely different. If the pot is mostly black with a silver rim, the knobs on the lids have a silver colored ring and the handles are not attached by a rivet that you can see from the inside of the pan, it's Gen II.

Last edited:
Professional cookware was introduced in the Fall/Winter 2000 catalog - so available September 1, 2000. She must have Generation II.

Wow, it clearly came out earlier than I thought.

raebates said:
Wow, it clearly came out earlier than I thought.

I think you're thinking of Executive. Both Professional and Executive were in the catalog when I started in 2006, and the Professional was phased out right after that.

You're right. I was thinking of the Executive.

Hi there! Professional cookware has been around since the 1980s, so it's definitely possible that your customer's pans are from 1999. However, without knowing the specific brand or model, it's difficult to determine if they are Professional pans or not. I would recommend asking your customer for more information or looking for any markings or labels on the pans that could indicate their brand or make. Hope this helps!

1. When was professional cookware first introduced?

Professional cookware has been around for centuries, with evidence of copper and bronze pots being used as early as the 3rd millennium BC. However, the modern form of professional cookware as we know it today was introduced in the 19th century.

2. What year did professional cookware become popular?

The popularity of professional cookware began to rise in the late 1800s with the introduction of cast iron and aluminum cookware. However, it wasn't until the mid-20th century that professional cookware became a staple in most kitchens.

3. What major advancements have been made in professional cookware?

Over the years, there have been many advancements in professional cookware. Some notable ones include the introduction of non-stick coatings in the 1930s, the development of stainless steel cookware in the 1950s, and the use of ceramic materials in the 21st century.

4. When did Pampered Chef start selling professional cookware?

Pampered Chef, a direct sales company specializing in high-quality kitchen tools and cookware, was founded in 1980. They began selling professional cookware as part of their product line from the very beginning.

5. Is professional cookware worth the investment?

The answer to this question depends on individual preferences and needs. Professional cookware is typically more expensive than regular cookware, but it is designed to be durable, efficient, and long-lasting. It can also provide better heat distribution and cooking results. Ultimately, it is up to the consumer to decide if the investment is worth it for their cooking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scrappergirl7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Chefcouts
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies