• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Cookware and Induction Cooktops

In summary, stainless steel cookware is suitable for induction cooktops because it is a magnetic material and necessary for heat generation and transfer. However, not all stainless cookware is compatible with induction cooktops and must have a magnetic bottom, ideally with a thicker bottom for better performance. It is safe to use stainless cookware on induction cooktops as it is non-reactive and won't leach harmful chemicals. To determine compatibility, a simple magnet test can be performed. Stainless cookware can also be used on glass or ceramic cooktops, but care must be taken to avoid dragging and keep the bottom clean to prevent scratching.
cntrygirl'skitchen
I have a customer that has an induction cooktop. She was curious about the Stainless Cookware and whether or not it really worked on induction tops. She said she has purchased others that say they work and they have not. Does anyone have first hand experience with the Stainless Cookware and Induction Cooktops? Does the cookware work on these tops? She is aprehensive about purchasing since once it's out of the packaging and used she will not be able to return it.

Thanks for any help!

she can return within 30 days & PC pays the postage, Used or unused

yes. They will work on that kind of stovetop.

A trick I've been told to check if a piece of cookware will work on an induction stove: if a magnet will stick to the pan, it will work on an induction cooktop. If the magnet only sticks weakly, or slides off, the pan won't work with induction.

Try it on our cookware - the stainless grabs & holds a magnet tightly, and the non-stick? The magnet won't stick at all :)

Hello! I have personally used the Stainless Cookware on induction cooktops and can confirm that it works perfectly. The stainless steel material is compatible with induction technology and ensures even heating and cooking. I have never had any issues with the cookware not working on induction tops. I completely understand your customer's concern about not being able to return the product once it has been used, but I can assure you that she will not be disappointed with the performance of the Stainless Cookware on her induction cooktop. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What makes stainless cookware suitable for induction cooktops?

Stainless steel is a magnetic material, which is necessary for induction cooktops to work. The cookware needs to have a magnetic bottom in order for the heat to be generated and transferred to the food.

2. Can I use any stainless cookware on an induction cooktop?

No, not all stainless cookware is compatible with induction cooktops. It must have a magnetic bottom, and the thicker the bottom, the better it will work. Stainless steel cookware with a copper or aluminum bottom will not work on an induction cooktop.

3. Is stainless cookware safe to use on induction cooktops?

Yes, stainless steel is a safe material to use on induction cooktops. It is non-reactive, meaning it won't leach any harmful chemicals into your food. Just be sure to use the appropriate heat settings and avoid overheating the cookware.

4. How do I know if my stainless cookware is compatible with an induction cooktop?

If you are unsure if your stainless cookware is suitable for an induction cooktop, you can perform a simple magnet test. Place a magnet on the bottom of the cookware, and if it sticks, then it is compatible. If it doesn't stick, then it is not suitable for induction cooking.

5. Can I use stainless cookware with glass or ceramic cooktops?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is safe to use on glass or ceramic cooktops. Just be sure to avoid dragging the cookware across the surface, as it can cause scratches. It is also important to keep the bottom of the cookware clean to avoid any buildup that can cause scratching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • foodygirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Debala715