• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Cookware Peeling? Have You Experienced This?

In summary, the customer is returning a 10" professional skillet that the coating is peeling. HO advised that they are now charging to upgrade to the Executive Cookware. Anyone else have this issue and what are your thoughts on this?The Extended Manufacturer's Guarantee and the Lifetime Guarantee are limited. They cover repair or replacement only. They cover defects in materials and workmanship
CRuff
Silver Member
Anyone have any Professional Cookware that they have recently returned? I have a customer that has a 10" skillet that the coating is peeling. When I phoned the adjustment in, HO advised that they are now charging to upgrade to the Executive Cookware. Anyone else have this issue and what are your thoughts on this? I have been with PC for over 9 years and have never experienced this kind of service (or in my opinion, lack of it!). Your thoughts please!:mad:

Per the order form:The Extended Manufacturer’s Guarantee and the Lifetime Guarantee are
limited. They cover repair or replacement only. They cover defects in materials
and workmanship. They do not cover commercial use, abuse, misuse, ordinary
wear and tear, or an act of God. Misuse or use contrary to the Use and Care
instructions will void these guarantees. Incidental or consequential damages are
not recoverable under these warranties. If actual product replacement cannot
be made due to unavailability, Company may, in its discretion, offer comparable
product replacement or credit towards future product purchases.
So, if they don't have any Professional 10" Skillets to replace it with, they can give credit towards another order OR replace it with something comparable. So, paying to upgrade is kind of the same thing.

Hmmm, interesting. I just emailed a return on a 10" professional saute pan TODAY. I got a reference number and no hassle.

They made this announcement when they discontinued the Professional line. She's getting a better pan, she should be expected to pay a little more.

chefcharity said:
Hmmm, interesting. I just emailed a return on a 10" professional saute pan TODAY. I got a reference number and no hassle.

She's returning the SKILLET, not the Saute Pan, so they may still have 10" professional saute pans in stock in your case.

So, funny (aka annoying) story...I just did a show for a host who bought the Generation II 12" Skillet about 6 years ago (2004). It domed in the middle and she got it replaced within the 2 year guarantee. So, that brings us to 2006ish. It domed really bad in the middle again, and she still has it and uses it - not sure how - and wanted me to have it replaced. I explained to her that 1. it had a 2 year guarantee, 2. we haven't sold it for at least 3 years so, 3. even if she bought it on the last day that we sold it the guarantee period would be up and 4. the guarantee period isn't extended when you get a replacement. However, she was very excited to get the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid at half-off from her show. I told her to either throw the pan away when the new one gets here or, package it up with a note and mail it to HO and see what happens. Seriously, a 2 year guarantee on something and you want it replaced (again) after 6 years???

cmdtrgd said:
So, funny (aka annoying) story...I just did a show for a host who bought the Generation II 12" Skillet about 6 years ago (2004). It domed in the middle and she got it replaced within the 2 year guarantee. So, that brings us to 2006ish. It domed really bad in the middle again, and she still has it and uses it - not sure how - and wanted me to have it replaced. I explained to her that 1. it had a 2 year guarantee, 2. we haven't sold it for at least 3 years so, 3. even if she bought it on the last day that we sold it the guarantee period would be up and 4. the guarantee period isn't extended when you get a replacement. However, she was very excited to get the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid at half-off from her show. I told her to either throw the pan away when the new one gets here or, package it up with a note and mail it to HO and see what happens. Seriously, a 2 year guarantee on something and you want it replaced (again) after 6 years???

WOW! Not surprised, tho. My mom had a friend that used to abuse a store policy on "defective" merchandise - she bought her husband pants from a dept. store that said they'd repair or replace any defective item, so she'd bring them in 2 years later when he'd worn the butt thin and popped the seams, and she'd get a new pair every time!! I'm sure they LOVED seeing her walk into the store!

and then folks wonder why companies get tougher on return-policies?

Yes, they are out of 10 inch professional skillets. I went round and round with a supervisor on this because they are charging for the "upgrade." Just be sure you send the LID back with the professional pan!!!! My adjustment was held up because I did not--it was my sister's pan and I sent it back for her, but she didn't bring me the lid and the SC rep didn't tell me I needed to send it. It is not used by another piece like in the executive set. If you upgrade to the new pan & lid it's just $9 if it was originally purchased at half price.

my adjustment for the 10 in skillet was under $4. One of my guests had her handle crack in the oven. I never sent the lid back and she just got the piece the other day

On a side note...my mom just tried to return an old set of Tupperware containers that had a lifetime warranty....she paid $78 for it 12 years ago...it's no longer available, and she is being given a $23 credit for it. She's being charged $5 to return it...her new order will cost her 10% of her total order to ship. The version of the set she bought is available for $85, and less attractive. Which leaves her about $10 to use for her new purchase....all in all, lifetime guarantee is fairly pointless....I think our company is providing a better deal. = )

You will never have a guest have issues with the up charge if YOU do not make it one! Be excited about the fact that they get a great deal on a better pan for a fraction of the cost of a new one when they do a trade in! I have never returned an old Professional cookware piece without being told about the cost of the upgrade to the Executive line. That was explained to all of us when HO made the decision to drop the Pro line. Not sure why I knew of this upgrade charge since the first day the Pro set was gone and you did not? I also have never gotten an argument from any of the guests who paid for the upgrade. Pro to executive 12" skillet I think cost one guest about $30. That was all. She was thrilled to have the model at what was a deal at the time because it was not the entire cost of a new one! Make it fun and exciting to do this! Not a "Your getting Shafted by PC and ,,," thing! Besides that, YOUR OWN attitude, if you say anything negative to her, will really turn your guest off! Not the company policy but your own attitude will leave a sour taste in her mouth! If you make it cool and simply a matter of trading up, your guest will THANK YOU for it! I mean geeze, you do the same with a car right? You don't trade one for one, you trade and pay for the upgrade to something bigger and better! It is no different here. Oh and something else to note here, they NEVER DEVALUE the original pan! They give her the credit of the original cost of it not less! You car trade certainly does not work that way! So she losses NO MONEY that she has already invested.

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
You will never have a guest have issues with the up charge if YOU do not make it one! Be excited about the fact that they get a great deal on a better pan for a fraction of the cost of a new one when they do a trade in! I have never returned an old Professional cookware piece without being told about the cost of the upgrade to the Executive line. That was explained to all of us when HO made the decision to drop the Pro line. Not sure why I knew of this upgrade charge since the first day the Pro set was gone and you did not? I also have never gotten an argument from any of the guests who paid for the upgrade. Pro to executive 12" skillet I think cost one guest about $30. That was all. She was thrilled to have the model at what was a deal at the time because it was not the entire cost of a new one! Make it fun and exciting to do this! Not a "Your getting Shafted by PC and ,,," thing! Besides that, YOUR OWN attitude, if you say anything negative to her, will really turn your guest off! Not the company policy but your own attitude will leave a sour taste in her mouth! If you make it cool and simply a matter of trading up, your guest will THANK YOU for it! I mean geeze, you do the same with a car right? You don't trade one for one, you trade and pay for the upgrade to something bigger and better! It is no different here.

Very well put!

Well it is the truth. I am sick to death of all the negative crap out here about the companies policies! And I am just as guilty of doing it! Stop questioning every little thing and just do your dang job with what we are given and it is really easy to satisfy all of our customers. We have a money back guarantee for a year, we have a replacement policy for a specified amount of time, we have a lifetime guarantee that may cost them money but PC never devalues a product that is being turned in. I can't get the $12,000 I paid for my car back in a trade in or the $1,100 I paid for my laptop back to trade up! I only get a small percentage of it credited. But EVERY GUEST I HAVE DONE AN ADJUSTMENT FOR IS ALWAYS HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME EVEN IF THEY PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR THAT ADJUSTMENT EITHER IN COST DIFFERENCE OR SHIPPING, which by the way, I have sometimes paid for, BECAUSE I DO NOT MAKE IT A BIG NEGATIVE HAIRY DEAL BECAUSE IT IS NOT! It is fun and exciting to get something better. When people buy the better model pan and pay $30 for it, they do not see it as paying the full cost of the new pan, they see it as paying $30 for a new one! I make it fun and easy for them. So stop making issues where the are none and you will save face with your customers and better yet, save yourself a lot of unneeded, unwanted and unwarranted stress!

pampered1224 said:
Well it is the truth. I am sick to death of all the negative crap out here about the companies policies! And I am just as guilty of doing it! Stop questioning every little thing and just do your dang job with what we are given and it is really easy to satisfy all of our customers. We have a money back guarantee for a year, we have a replacement policy for a specified amount of time, we have a lifetime guarantee that may cost them money but PC never devalues a product that is being turned in. I can't get the $12,000 I paid for my car back in a trade in or the $1,100 I paid for my laptop back to trade up! I only get a small percentage of it credited. But EVERY GUEST I HAVE DONE AN ADJUSTMENT FOR IS ALWAYS HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME EVEN IF THEY PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR THAT ADJUSTMENT EITHER IN COST DIFFERENCE OR SHIPPING, which by the way, I have sometimes paid for, BECAUSE I DO NOT MAKE IT A BIG NEGATIVE HAIRY DEAL BECAUSE IT IS NOT! It is fun and exciting to get something better. When people buy the better model pan and pay $30 for it, they do not see it as paying the full cost of the new pan, they see it as paying $30 for a new one! I make it fun and easy for them. So stop making issues where the are none and you will save face with your customers and better yet, save yourself a lot of unneeded, unwanted and unwarranted stress!

When I read Doris' book some of the policy seemed to make more sense. She put in there that they had to put policies into place because if they bent the rules for one they would have to bend them for all. So when they tell us certain things (and I too remember them telling us this) like to submit things by midnight CST or they don't count, they mean it.

John, I don't have any problems with the policy, but I have problems with the SC reps not thoroughly explaining things in regards to it. The supervisor I spoke to said they are having a lot of issues with that now that the professional stock is almost depleted and they are working on solutions. I didn't send in the lid because I wasn't told I had to and then no one EVER called me about it. It took me calling HO two months later after my customer let me know she hadn't received the replacement yet.

I mean really? Doris is the person who made this company and it had nothing to do with being unorganized or lost in a chaos of whims. It was built on a firm foundation of rules, regulations and strict guidelines designed to make money for the company and us. There is not one company out there that has been run by simply doing whatever. If they are, they sure as heck will not be for long. And we all have a choice in this. We can either live with those rules or walk away. There is no one holding any of us here if we don't agree with the policies. I love PC and what it does for me. I DO NOT AGREE with all the policies they have in place. If it is monetary I will never question it because that is how we make money. If it procedural, then I can question it. If I truly disagree with something that will not be changed, I can walk away. There is no one holding me prisoner here. The best example I can giv eof that is when Warren bought the company. Many people here did not agree with his position on abortion. So they left. We all have choices. We all have rules, we all have the ability to take it and work with it in a positive or negative way.

Thanks for all your comments. I do see the other side. That's why I posted!

Deb that is my one big beef with CS as well. And it is not the fault of the people on the other end, it is whomever is in charge of that department. It seems the upper ups do not mention to their CS reps to tell us to return the entire product. But they have an out in that this rule is in writing somewhere. It was pointed out to me about 6 years ago by a rep. She was nice and was very polite as I was upset. However, she said it is written in the, and I want to say the Business guide, that if a product sold has more than one piece that all the pieces must be returned for exchange. Thus it covered the fact that you should have known to return the lid and the skillet as they where both pieces of the same product. Like I memorized the Business Guide as I am sure everyone has! At least that is their thinking. So now I live by one rule when it comes to adjustments. If it came with three pieces, it MUST be returned with three pieces. I found that the only reason I have gotten in about product arguments with the CS reps is because I, the consultant, was either not listening or reading the materials I should be. So if you can see what we post here about them, can you just imagine what they are saying about us!
Here is the other thing about this thread that bothered me. They have at various times verbally and in numerous newsletters asked us specifically to use the on-line adjustment program. This will tell us exactly what the policy is on the return. They DO NOT WANT US calling them for those any more. And to be really honest here, they do not really want us doing adjustments! They told us this several years back when they added the 1-800-OUR-CHEF phone number to the back of the order forms in the warranty info. It was so the customer would call them and not us. They gave us these two wonderful tools to use but some consultants still like making life harder for themselves by making that phone call. If I have a guest who is not a pain in the rear end, I will do the adjustment. But I have many who are so bent out of shape, and these are usually the ones who stop by booths or see my window sign in my car, that I simply tell them to call that 800 number because I know what I say they will not hear. Those are the people CS reps are trained to deal with.

Last edited:
John - what if it came in three pieces and broke into multiples....can you still just send back 3 pieces? *snigger*

Geez Kate! Makin' fun of me again I see. Well, I will get you and your little dog too! Don't make me release the flying monkeys! Besides, it never mentioned anything about a one piece product becoming a zillion pieces! Smart A*&!

John - you are surprised?

John- I don't disagree with what you said at all. I agree that our attitude is the key!

I did just look at the Consultant Policy...and unless there is another guide I'm missing, they have made some changes. I'm looking at pages 12-15 about the Returns/Exchanges. The way it reads, it specifically talks about us as the consultant being the link between the customer and the company, and what our role is and what we should do. I think since they are always strongly encouraging us to do online adjustments or email adjustments vs calling the SC...that's something the consultant has to do, not the customer...so I think they expect it will be us handling these requests alot of the time, but also I know we don't HAVE to, and I certainly understand why some don't! (I'm one of them who will be modifying how I handle it- I'll assist, but not do ALL aspects of the return- mainly the shipment.)

Anyway...was just an observation I noticed in the Consultant Policy Guide. Having said that, I still don't think it should be unexpected to have to pay the price difference for a different/upgraded product....she's still getting a great deal!

Sometimes it does seem though that the SC folks don't always tell us the same things. One person gets one story, and another person calls and gets something totally different.

At the end of the day, we ARE the face of the company often times, and you are right- what we say to the customer determines if they remain a customer for life, or just go away with a sour taste in their mouth. But sometimes, it can be frustrating, and having a 'safe place' to vent sometimes helps.

I just have to say that I did an adjustment on a pot and she mailed the pot and the lid back in. (It was one of the ones that came with the lid in the set and the lid didn't fit anything else) Then they only sent her the pot no lid. I called to see what happened and they told me they didn't process the adjustment to include the lid. The lady wasn't too willing to send a new lid either. I don't mind sending in all the parts or not sending all the parts, as long as we know what we are supposed to do. Now I just ask more questions:)

Well cicny I would say you have a right to be upset. They are the ones who insist we do one thing, then they selves did not honor this, their own request, to return the entire product. You would think you would get back what you sent in! Yeah, I know, very frustrating. I wonder how much time they spend on training. The hardest part is that we can be told lots of things. If they are not in writing as Bobbi mentioned about the warranty info and guests calling SC is no longer a relevant thing. So... They change stuff, they can not be chastised as it is not in writing so... WHIMS! They need some very hard fast rules in writing so we really know what is what. I mean we are supposed to stick to the plan, they should also be expected to. And Bobbi - I do most of my own adjustments as well. It is easier but I do have the guests send in the product to be returned. I simply can not afford that cost all the time. But I agree that it is important to help if and when we can. It is part of the service WE can offer to keep ourselves at our guests disposal. I have to say though that I found 100% of all customers that were NOT mine, were actually quite pissy people. I think it mostly was because they had no info about their warranty and a consultant that was no longer in the business. I have to have them call because most of them can not give me enough info to even try to help them.

Well, I was looking to see if there was a tip about cleaning the professional cookware and came accross this thread. Last may this was a huge issue with me. I about lost it when they denied one of my favorite hosts a return.

When the Professional cookware first came out there were no exclusions for using non stick aresole sprays (Pam) on the cookware.

I didn't know that using the sprays would void the warranty until I called on my hosts behalf. I firmly believe that you stick by what you have in writing at the time of purchase. My hostess had purchased her 10" skillet when it was first introduced. Yes, PC did have a full page spread about cookware, but I had been doing PC for years and the information always comes in cycles. I didn't read it. I told them if there is something that major then the news needs to be highlighted in red or bold type in an email about the changes.

PC did let my hostess return her skillet for a new one. They tried to tell me they were out and they would give her the Executive skillet...but if she wanted a lid that would fit it would cost her $37! This hostess is in her 60's now and on a fixed income. She bought lifetime cookware for a reason. She is also a country cook and never uses canned sprays. A few days and many calls later I was told a new shipment of Professional 10" skillets came in and they would replace it all for her.

I am horrified that this comapany charged many customers this way. I let them know I did not believe that this is ethical. If I didn't know about the changes because it wasn't boldly stated then how could I help my customers? I then suggested that we have emails added to our websites like:

Did you know that Stoneware has a 3 year warranty...and then a few quick tips on usage and cleaning with a recipe.

Did you know that using non-stick aresole sprays on your non-stick cookware causes an invisible build up that will permanently damage any non-stick cookware...and then details why ours is above par and about the warranty w/ a recipe.

I also started telling my guests to call me for all of their warranty issues first. John's right. Some of the reps are down right nasty. I feel like one or two of them live to reject. Pampered Chef is being super cautious on the warranty and covering all the bases.

I'm really starting to wonder if there is a contest to see who exchanges the least each day. Or if they get punished if they go over a certain number each day. This policy about misuse is fine. But don't tell me an item is "durable plastic" and not replace it when it breaks falling from a table. Throwing a shaker at the football field is misuse. If I wanted my shaker to break when it fell then I would buy a flimsy glass shaker, not a "durable plastic" shaker. Yikes! I need to work! I guess you can tell this gets me

Last edited:
See and to me, misuse is something you really need to try to do. Like hitting the hubby over the head with it or tossing at the cat! NOT a product slipping out of your hands while doing dishes or dropping it taking it out of the oven because the pot holders were crap and burned your hands. One is an accident accident the other is just plain stupid. Good example of something I would call misuse, soaking the stoneware muffin pan in hot soapy water. The dang thing smelled of Dawn and the cupcakes that were baked in it tasted like it too! But they replaced it. But four months later a lady dropped her Large Bar Pan taking it out of the oven because it slipped. she grabbed for it and laid her arm on the oven rack and dropped the bar pan on the floor. They called that misuse! Like I said, no real rules or definite determinations, only whims. I do know this, if a customer calls, the reps are more likely to replace than deny. I have only had the one denial. Funny about that too as a month later, I put it in on-line. They replaced it and didn't even want the old one back! Not even a piece of it! Just can not figure that out at all! No standards! Oh and back to the original post, yes you had the right to be upset but it sounded more like you were upset with the policy and not the snotty rep. For that I agree you had a right to be upset. And actually, the contest is not about how many returns they can avoid but rather how many of us they can pi$$ off per shift!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
. And actually, the contest is not about how many returns they can avoid but rather how many of us they can pi$$ off per shift!

John, that's funny! Now, when I call, I repeat the rep's name "Hi ____" and write it down before I go into details.

I do that now too! The only times lately though that I have had to call about my own issues with money or products. I have only gotten one person with a horrible attitude and it was one of the people who is supposed to help you resolve payment issues. But I ALWAYS write down the name of who I got and the attitude I got! Time, date and whatever else I think of. I also know that name of a really exceptional lady in finance named Nati whose last name begins with a "T". She is so sweet and understanding!

The majority of HO staff is awesome. It's just the few know-it-alls...who have been reported...that drive me bonkers.

We all need to report the nasty reps to their supervisor(call back) because it could be your new consultant calling who gets attitude and quits in tears.

cmdtrgd said:
John - what if it came in three pieces and broke into multiples....can you still just send back 3 pieces? *snigger*

glad to see the humor still exists!:balloon:

I called HO the other day to process a return for an ice cream dipper. My customer had purchased it to give as a Christmas gift and when she went to wrap it this crystalized orange stuff had come out of it. So I called to process the return and I was in the middle of talking to the lady and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!

vanscootin said:
I called HO the other day to process a return for an ice cream dipper. My customer had purchased it to give as a Christmas gift and when she went to wrap it this crystalized orange stuff had come out of it. So I called to process the return and I was in the middle of talking to the lady and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!

I would give her the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident. Unless she said something to indicate she was going to, she probably didn't mean to. And if it's anything like the call center I work in, the next call rolls right in, and you don't have the opportunity to call the person back.

1. What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Pampered Chef Cookware Peeling?

The five most frequently asked questions about Pampered Chef cookware peeling are:

1. Why is my Pampered Chef cookware peeling?
  2. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef cookware peeling?
  3. How can I prevent Pampered Chef cookware from peeling?
  4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef cookware if it is peeling?
  5. What are my options for replacing or upgrading my peeling Pampered Chef cookware?

2. Have You Experienced This?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have not personally experienced Pampered Chef cookware peeling. However, I have heard from some customers who have had this issue.

3. Anyone have any Professional Cookware that they have recently returned?

I have not personally had any customers return professional cookware due to peeling. However, I have heard of a few instances where customers have had to return their Pampered Chef cookware due to peeling.

4. What are your thoughts on Pampered Chef's decision to charge for upgrading to Executive Cookware to replace peeling cookware?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand the frustration that customers may have with having to pay to upgrade to Executive Cookware to replace their peeling cookware. However, I also understand that this is a business decision made by Pampered Chef and it is important for the company to stand by their product and offer a solution for customers experiencing issues with their cookware.

5. What are your thoughts on the level of service provided by Pampered Chef in regards to peeling cookware?

I have been with Pampered Chef for over 9 years and have always been impressed with the level of service provided by the company. While it may be disappointing that customers now have to pay to upgrade their peeling cookware, I believe that Pampered Chef is still committed to providing quality products and excellent customer service. I trust that the company is doing what they believe is best for both the customers and the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies