• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for Quality "Made in the USA" Cookware

In summary, using cookware that is made in the USA has several benefits. It supports American businesses and workers, ensures higher quality and safety standards, and reduces carbon footprint. To ensure a product is truly made in the USA, look for the "Made in the USA" seal or certifications from organizations. Some popular brands of American-made cookware include All-Clad, Lodge, and USA Pan. Common materials and types of cookware made in the USA include stainless steel, cast iron, and ceramic. Prices for American-made cookware vary and there are affordable options available, but investing in high-quality options can save money in the long run.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Before I bug HO and do intense digging, I figured I'd post this question here...

I have a host in the market for new cookware for 2-3 years. We were working on booking her show right before conference so she can get it at 1/2 off.

***Please note - this discussion can potentially sort of/kind of relate to some newer products so please do not mention those here yet. I am fully aware of those and where they are manufactured.***

Anyway, in the conversation they like to buy only "Made in the USA". Our Executive and Professional Cookware isn't. Which, being in manfucturing/business/etc. I THOROUGHLY understand the cost issues and why we're being forced to move manufacturing and purchasing...

However, I told her I'd research and see if ANY cookware is still "Made in the USA" of decent quality.

I'm thinking if I can't find anything and truly can prove it, I have my cookware sale.

Anyone ever research this yet?????

That's a good question. I know I've seen cookware on a segment of "How It's Made" or "Unwrapped." If it was on HIM, it would have been a Canadian factory (since it's a Canadian show). I think it was Calphalon that I saw...

I lost a sale of our cookware one time b/c the host husband would only let her buy it if it was Made in The USA.

Hi there,Thank you for bringing up this question. I completely understand your host's preference for "Made in the USA" cookware and I applaud you for doing your research to try and accommodate her request.I have not personally researched this topic yet, but I do know that there are some companies that still manufacture cookware in the USA. Some of the brands that come to mind are All-Clad and USA Pan. I would suggest doing some research on those brands and seeing if their products meet your host's standards.I also want to mention that while our Executive and Professional Cookware may not be made in the USA, they are still high-quality and durable products. I have personally used them and have been extremely satisfied with their performance. Perhaps you can share some information about the benefits and features of our cookware with your host to help her make an informed decision.I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that works for both you and your host. Have a great day!

What are the benefits of using "Made in the USA" cookware?

There are several benefits to using cookware that is made in the USA. First, it supports American businesses and workers, helping to boost the economy. Additionally, products made in the USA are generally held to higher quality and safety standards. Finally, buying domestically-made cookware can help reduce your carbon footprint by reducing transportation emissions.

How can I be sure that cookware is truly "Made in the USA"?

To ensure that cookware is truly made in the USA, look for products that are labeled with the "Made in the USA" or "Made in America" seal. You can also look for products that are certified by organizations such as Made in USA Certified or American Made Matters.

What are some popular brands of "Made in the USA" cookware?

Some popular brands of cookware that are made in the USA include All-Clad, Lodge, and USA Pan. There are also smaller, independent brands that specialize in American-made cookware, such as Hammer Stahl and 360 Cookware.

Are there any specific materials or types of cookware that are commonly made in the USA?

Yes, there are certain materials and types of cookware that are commonly made in the USA. These include stainless steel, cast iron, and ceramic cookware. Additionally, American-made products often focus on durability and functionality, so you may find high-quality options for items such as stock pots, Dutch ovens, and baking sheets.

Is "Made in the USA" cookware more expensive than imported cookware?

Not necessarily. While some American-made cookware may be more expensive due to higher quality materials and production processes, there are also affordable options available. It's important to do your research and compare prices to find the best value for your budget. Additionally, investing in high-quality, durable cookware can save you money in the long run as it will last longer and may not need to be replaced as frequently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennmarques
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
  • Debala715