• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you experienced peeling or raised bubbles with Executive Cookware?

In summary, some people have had problems with the Executive Cookware peeling or having raised bubbles in the finish. HO does not seem to be aware of a problem and believes that it is just bad luck.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Do any of you who own the Executive Cookware have problems with it peeling? Or have raised bubbles in the finish? I have a very good customer and friend who this has happened to on 3 different pieces and two of them twice! She ordered the 12 piece set from me last year and when it was delivered the 4 qt & 8 qt pots had raised bubbles in the non-stick coating (when she scratched them with her fingernail the finish came completely off :eek: ....I had them replaced and then.....the replacement pots also had the raised spots....so I had them replaced again, these are fine. Well, she just ordered the new 12qt pot and guess what!?!? This one has raised spots in the non-stick too! :eek: She is the only customer who has had this problem that I am aware of. If she wasn't such a good friend (and completely normal person) I would probably question her. We live too far apart for me to pop over and see the cookware for myself. She sent me a photo (from the 4 & 8 qt), you can't really see it too well but there is definately spots on them. When I called HO about this I asked if there was a bad batch of cookware or if this was a problem that they were aware of- they said no. I just think it's very strange that this keeps happening to my friend. Have any of you had this happen to you or your customers? I'm baffled with it.

Well that stinks doesn't it. :mad: Thankfully it has not happened to me. :)

OMG! I have never heard of that!! I have had mine since they came out (one or two springs ago) and haven't had any problems. My DH has even cut on my cookware with knives and it doesn't peel or bubble where the cuts are...

Sorry. I have not had any problems either....

This is the first I have ever heard of it...

Thanks girlies. It has me absolutley baffled. I don't know if she's just got bad luck or what. She's a good friend with a good head on her shoulders so I know she's not making this up. I just think it's so strange that this keeps happening to her. She's also in direct sales (Creative Memories) so thankfully she's very understanding with HO and our return policies!

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks girlies. It has me absolutley baffled. I don't know if she's just got bad luck or what. She's a good friend with a good head on her shoulders so I know she's not making this up. I just think it's so strange that this keeps happening to her. She's also in direct sales (Creative Memories) so thankfully she's very understanding with HO and our return policies!

Even if she is making this up, how would she possibly create this peeling if HO requires the original be sent?

My cousin (another VERY normal person) has had this happen more than once, too!

KellyTheChef said:
My cousin (another VERY normal person) has had this happen more than once, too!
Sorry this has happened to you too. My director thought maybe there was a bad lot or something (seems like HO would have admitted to it though if this were the case). I hate it when something like this happens on our most expensive items (and especially the non-stick which people are already opinionated about).

I wonder if there is something about their shipping -- maybe xrayed through a hub or something?

Changing from UPS to FEDEX may make a difference??

Other than that I have no idea!

I have a customer that this happened to - twice. I had to replace one of my Professional pans. DH uses it all the time. All other pans are fine. The only thing we can think is that he rinses it off (well not any more!) before it is cooled. I am going to ask my customer if she does that too.

BethCooks4U said:
.............The only thing we can think is that he rinses it off (well not any more!) before it is cooled. I am going to ask my customer if she does that too.
That could make sense, but in my customer's case they were like that right out of the box. She let a friend of hers have one of her half-price items last month (this girl does a show for me several times a year....good ones too:D ) so her friend could get the cookware. My friend checked-over every piece before she gave it to her and it was fine. It has me on edge a little now -so everytime I pull out a piece of my cookware I think of her and start checking for peelings! What's strange though is that every piece that she has had a problem with are the pieces with 2 handles....don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I thought it was a starting place. What pieces have you all had problems with?

ivykeep said:
I wonder if there is something about their shipping -- maybe xrayed through a hub or something?

Changing from UPS to FEDEX may make a difference??

Other than that I have no idea!
Don't think so. Her first damaged pieces were when we still had UPS, this last one was with Fed Ex.

The bubbles and peeling are from a manufacturing defect. Somehow the coating is not sticking to the pan like it is supposed to. When my cousin got hers, she said there were little bubbles on there, and when she scratched them with her nail, the finish came right off. I don't think it is anything that a customer can CAUSE to happen through use. Sounds like there was a bad batch or more... I don't like it either, since I always talk about how our non-stick coating is BAKED on, not SPRAYED on, so it WON'T flake off! Thank goodness this doesn't happen a lot!

BethCooks4U said:
The only thing we can think is that he rinses it off (well not any more!) before it is cooled. I am going to ask my customer if she does that too.
Call me stupid, but can you not rinse them off before they are cooled?

klsnyder said:
Call me stupid, but can you not rinse them off before they are cooled?
I just double checked the PIG and it doesn't say anything about that. Many times, I will set my hot pan in the sink and run water into it to soak during dinner. I don't see any reason that you can't rinse them while hot. I think we were all just trying to figure out why this lady was having problems with hers, but I really think it was a manufacturing defect, not anything that she did to the pans!

Ohh! Ohh! Ohh!! I just got my star!!!!!!!

(I know...not big in the grand scheme of life, but big on CS!!)

I havent' noticed any bubbles or anything but I think I will check mine!

I have also had this happen to two different customers if it makes you feel any better. One was an Executive frying pan and the other was the Executive Double Burner Griddle. Other than that, no real problems. I have all 3 sets of cookware (Generation II, Professional, and Executive) and nothing has happened to any of mine yet... Yay for that!

KellyTheChef said:
I just double checked the PIG and it doesn't say anything about that. Many times, I will set my hot pan in the sink and run water into it to soak during dinner. I don't see any reason that you can't rinse them while hot. I think we were all just trying to figure out why this lady was having problems with hers, but I really think it was a manufacturing defect, not anything that she did to the pans!
I know you are "supposed" to cool any metal pan before washing it but I am not sure why. I serve dinner out of the pan, eat, and then wash it after we eat. That way it has cooled enough to not harm the pan...

I've had my pans for about 2 years and they peel. I've been frustrated but they were a gift and I didn't know about the life time warranty. I thought I was going to have to deal with it. I've only been a consultant for a couple weeks now so I'm going to contact HO about mine.

I've got to send my 12 inch skillet and my bigger pot that came with the 5 pc set back and two lids. I've been to lazy to send these back but i've got to make a point to do it. Both pots had bubbles on the inside and out and in the pot, it has started to like rust where the bubble used to be. Two of my lids come in with some rust on them also and one of the lids on my moms pots did the same thing. Glad i'm not the only one.

I got my sis the 12 piece set for her wedding, and one of the pans had a little bubble on it...they replaced it and no problem now!

I had started a thread a few weeks ago questioning the Mix n Chop. The blades seemed a bit too sharp to use on our cookware, but everyone that had replied said that they weren't experiencing any problems. I am still afraid to use it because I had to return my executive double burner griddle a couple of months ago. I had been using it for a few months when I noticed a small speck of the the coating had fallen off. When I called HO, they questioned me about what tools I was using on it, but I told them that I only use ours on all of my cookware. They went ahead and sent me a label to have it returned and of course I paid $10 for the shipping, but I did get a new one. Hopefully, it was just a bad batch. I wouldn't know what face to put if I kept getting complaints on it.

My 12" Family Skillet has a couple "mars" in the finish but I thought maybe my husband or kids did it but I never noticed when it happened. There is one small spot right in the middle and two spots that look like lines in the finish but not all the way through. If that made sense.

For everyone who has had it replaced, did you have to pay to ship the whole item back? One of the reasons I've been procrastinating is because I'm worried about the shipping costs and not having my pots to cook in while i'm waiting for the others to come back.

I had two pieces of my 1 year old executive cookware end up with little spots on the surface where the non-stick had flaked off. I mailed them back. And yes, I did have to pay for shipping, which stinks.

Now I have received the new ones, but they made a mistake and sent the wrong pieces, so those have to get mailed back too. Jeesh.

I am not happy with this, I can tell you. I have been selling cookware like crazy and am very uncomfortable with the idea of having to deal with a bunch of irate customers. Especially when they discover they have to pay for shipping for something that is NOT their fault.

RachelNguyen said:
Now I have received the new ones, but they made a mistake and sent the wrong pieces, so those have to get mailed back too. Jeesh.

I am not happy with this, I can tell you. I have been selling cookware like crazy and am very uncomfortable with the idea of having to deal with a bunch of irate customers. Especially when they discover they have to pay for shipping for something that is NOT their fault.

You don't have to pay for shipping if the return is within the first 30 days that you bought it (or had it replaced). They will send you a return label. If you wait beyond 30 days of the order/adjustment date, you will have to pay shipping.

my3jjjs said:
When I called HO, they questioned me about what tools I was using on it, but I told them that I only use ours on all of my cookware.

I would expect that they questioned you simple for information gathering purposes... with a LIFETIME warranty, it doesn't matter what you did to "break" it, they will still replace it (they replace the broken stones caused by user error all the time -- dropping, shock, etc.) But since there seem to be reports of some problems with some of the cookware, they are probably trying to determine if there is a manufacturing defect and if they can get some reimbursement from the manufacturer (or if they need to switch suppliers).

Another question about the cookware- how are the handles?

I'm doing a show in June for a girl who used to sell 10-11 years ago and she recalls the cookware had horrible handles that you couldn't tighten and were just not good. Does anyone know if there are any issues where the handle meets the pan/pot? I told her I really knew nothing bad about them- but reading this thread gives me a little info on how they are made and how they shouldn't have bubbles.

clshirk said:

I'm doing a show in June for a girl who used to sell 10-11 years ago and she recalls the cookware had horrible handles that you couldn't tighten and were just not good. Does anyone know if there are any issues where the handle meets the pan/pot? I told her I really knew nothing bad about them- but reading this thread gives me a little info on how they are made and how they shouldn't have bubbles.
That cookware would have been the Generation II, which had no exposed connectors. I haven't had any problems with the handles loosening on my Professional cookware. But with the exposed connectors on that and the Exec, it could probably be tightened.

ivykeep said:
I would expect that they questioned you simple for information gathering purposes... with a LIFETIME warranty, it doesn't matter what you did to "break" it, they will still replace it (they replace the broken stones caused by user error all the time -- dropping, shock, etc.) But since there seem to be reports of some problems with some of the cookware, they are probably trying to determine if there is a manufacturing defect and if they can get some reimbursement from the manufacturer (or if they need to switch suppliers).
They will not replace a stone that has been dropped and they do refuse to replace cookware if metal tools are used or if it has been put in the dishwasher. The PC warranty covers only if it is used according to use and care instructions.

I would not bring up negatives. That just makes people say I don't want that. Tell them that in the event that there is any problem with their cookware or any PC tools we stand behind them and replacement is easy. Point out the use and care card and tell them that if they follow the suggestions on the card that comes with their products they will be happy.

If someone asks a specific question or brings up a complaint answer it in a positive manner and tell them that after the show you will discuss how you can help them.

I WOULD tell them to look over their product as soon as they get it and use them within 30 days so that if there is a problem, PC will provide postage to get it replaced.

BethCooks4U said:
I would not bring up negatives. That just makes people say I don't want that. Tell them that in the event that there is any problem with their cookware or any PC tools we stand behind them and replacement is easy. Point out the use and care card and tell them that if they follow the suggestions on the card that comes with their products they will be happy.

If someone asks a specific question or brings up a complaint answer it in a positive manner and tell them that after the show you will discuss how you can help them.

I WOULD tell them to look over their product as soon as they get it and use them within 30 days so that if there is a problem, PC will provide postage to get it replaced.

Yeah- I wasn't going to give out the negatives of it, but I wanted to be fully aware of issues, or I guess I was hoping that you guys would say, this is what is so great about the cookware. While the older ones did this, the new ones are such an improvement and are loved by everyone, etc, etc... I sometimes like to debunkify the old rumors and use new information to make things look like there is such an improvement. Especially since this girl already has a slightly negative impression of the older ones.

clshirk said:
Yeah- I wasn't going to give out the negatives of it, but I wanted to be fully aware of issues, or I guess I was hoping that you guys would say, this is what is so great about the cookware. While the older ones did this, the new ones are such an improvement and are loved by everyone, etc, etc... I sometimes like to debunkify the old rumors and use new information to make things look like there is such an improvement. Especially since this girl already has a slightly negative impression of the older ones.
I know what you mean! The more we know about something the better! I have found though that when I talk about what has been improved it comes off as more negative than I think so I have learned not to use that route. Some people can pull that off but not me. I don't avoid answering the statements though and I'm not saying that anyone should. I just don't bring it up and I spend as little time on it as I can.

That being said, if I know someone has a negative impression of something I would probably focus on the positives (without using the word improvements) of the new product in that line.

If I had negative feelings about a lot of our products I would not be able to be a consultant for the company. I must speak from my heart. If I don't personally like a product I don't talk about it but if someone asks I give an answer like: "It's not my personal favorite but I know a lot of people who absolutely love it." and give an example of what they say. or I turn it onto the other guests. "Who has this product? What do you love about it?" If they ask what I don't like about something I tell them but then I tell them what I do like about it too. I also say that everyone's needs and preferences are different and if this is what they think will work for them they should get it and if they see something they need more they should get that.

Some things that I didn't like I have learned to love after using it for a while.

gilliandanielle said:
I know you are "supposed" to cool any metal pan before washing it but I am not sure why. I serve dinner out of the pan, eat, and then wash it after we eat. That way it has cooled enough to not harm the pan...

I've always been told you don't wash a hot pan so it won't warp. I was told putting a hot pan in cooler water can do that. I don't know if that applies to our pans or not.:rolleyes:

The handles are great.

I just got the roasting pan replaced for a customer because the handles came loose, but to be honest, they use it EVERY day. The bottom of it is also white in some spots, but that's all I have seen.

rennea said:
I've always been told you don't wash a hot pan so it won't warp. I was told putting a hot pan in cooler water can do that. I don't know if that applies to our pans or not.:rolleyes:

Not sure how the exec. cookware holds up to the hot/cold treatment, but I am now careful to let my pans (non PC since I only have the small saute pan so far) and stones cool to be comfortably touch-able before washing. I actually cracked a cast iron griddle I think b/c I went from the stove to cold water in an attempt to try to cool it quickly. I do tell guests at shows with all cookware/stoneware/baking tools, let them cool before putting them in water, it is just smart to not stress your materials even if they can technically handle it.

1. Have you experienced peeling or raised bubbles with Executive Cookware?

Some customers have reported experiencing peeling or raised bubbles in the non-stick coating of their Executive Cookware. This is not a common issue, but it is important to contact Pampered Chef customer service if you encounter this problem.

2. Do any of you who own the Executive Cookware have problems with it peeling?

As stated before, peeling or raised bubbles in the non-stick coating is not a common problem with Executive Cookware. However, if you do experience this issue, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

3. Or have raised bubbles in the finish?

Raised bubbles in the non-stick coating have been reported by some customers. If you notice this issue with your Executive Cookware, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for help.

4. Have any of you had this happen to you or your customers?

While this is not a widespread issue, some customers have reported experiencing peeling or raised bubbles in their Executive Cookware. If you or your customers encounter this issue, please reach out to Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

5. Have any of you had this happen to you or your customers?

This is not a common problem with Executive Cookware, and it is important to contact Pampered Chef customer service if you experience any issues with the non-stick coating. They will be able to assist you and ensure that you have a positive cooking experience with your cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • CRuff
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies