• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Executive Cookware Set Too Heavy for Everyday Use?

In summary, the 10" skillet included in the 7-piece set is heavier than the 8" Saute Pan, but the skillet does have 2 handles which help distribute the weight. The Executive line of cookware is heavier than the Stainless line, but has a longer warranty and cooks more evenly.
christy_c
Question: I'm submitting a Sept. show this weekend & I'm considering purchasing the Executive 7-piece set on special for my Mom. She is concerned about the weight of the cookware, especially the skillet. I don't have any cookware except for the 8" Saute Pan, so tell me -- how heavy are these pieces, particularly the skillet? Does anyone find these pieces too heavy or heavier than they prefer?

They are a bit on the heavy side~if she has problems with arthritis or carpal tunnel, these could be too heavy, especially the skillet....one great thing is it does have 2 handles, which really helps distribute the weight!

The Executive weighs alot less than the Stainless.

sarahlegare said:
They are a bit on the heavy side~if she has problems with arthritis or carpal tunnel, these could be too heavy, especially the skillet....one great thing is it does have 2 handles, which really helps distribute the weight!

I don't think that the 10" skillet that is included in the 7pc set does have a 2nd handle. (I know that the open stock 12" skillet does, but that is much heavier)

I get that they are too heavy from "older" people a lot. I've sold the professional to them and they were happy with the weight. Unfortunately, that will be DC'd next catty....

I honestly don't think there is that much difference weight wise between Professional and Executive (IMO). The stainless, as mentioned is much heavier.

I know our previous Generations II line was measurablly lighter weight than our current non-sticks but it also only had a 2 year warranty.

Even if it is a bit heavier than prefered, I would suggest that the fact that it cooks so much more evenly, and cleans SWEET, that owners of Executive will actually handle the pans for less time. No soaking, moving from sink to sink, scrubbing, etc.

What is included in the Executive Cookware set?

The Executive Cookware set includes a 2-quart saucepan, 3-quart saucepan, 8-inch skillet, 10-inch skillet, 10-inch nonstick skillet, 7-quart Dutch oven, and a 12-inch sauté pan. It also comes with matching lids for each piece.

What makes the Executive Cookware different from other Pampered Chef cookware?

The Executive Cookware is made with a durable 5-ply construction, meaning it has 5 layers of metal for optimal heat distribution and retention. It also has a nonstick coating for easy food release and cleanup.

Is the Executive Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is dishwasher safe. However, to prolong the life of the nonstick coating, we recommend hand washing with non-abrasive cleaners.

Can the Executive Cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is designed to be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction.

What is the warranty on the Executive Cookware?

The Executive Cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This covers any defects in materials or workmanship under normal household use. Please refer to the product manual for more details on the warranty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies