• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Taking Over Show Question

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of commission and sales credit when one consultant does a show for another due to an emergency situation. The Consultant Guide does not specifically address this situation, and it is up to the two consultants to work out. However, it is generally agreed that the consultant who actually performs the show should receive the commission and sales credit. The original consultant can still receive future bookings from the show, but the bookings at that specific show belong to the performing consultant. There used to be a section in the Consultant Guide about this, but it has since been removed.
nikked
Gold Member
Hi. I know this has been addressed before, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to search for this topic, so here we go again.

Does is specifically say in the Consultant Guide (or whatever it's called...sorry) what happens when one consultant does a show for another due to an emergency situation.

Someone in our cluster is having issues about this, and I said I would check here. They are arguing about who gets to turn the show in for the sales credit and commission. I know that ethically, it should go to the one who performed the show, but what does the rules say?

Thanks...

I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a section on this in the business guide but I do know that somewhere - either in the business guide or the consultant agreement - it is stated that the person who actually does the show is the person who turns it in and gets paid for it. I know of consultants who have gotten in trouble for turning in sales for a show they did not actually perform. Also, if there is a question about who gets the bookings from the show - the host will get credit no matter which consultant does the show as long as the bookings are turned in on the original show. There is nothing specifically written about that I don't think. I think that would have to be worked out between the two consultants but the person doing the show turns in and gets paid for the show.

Does is specifically say in the Consultant Guide (or whatever it's called...sorry) what happens when one consultant does a show for another due to an emergency situation.
No, it doesn't specifically say. It's up to the two consultants to work it out.If the consultant #1 booking the show can't go, and finds someone else to cover the show, I would say commission goes to the consultant #2 spending the time at the show.
I'd expect any future bookings to go to consultant #1, because that is their circle of contacts.If consultant #1 doesn't want to give up sales and commission, they should reschedule.
I've even read a post about the host going ahead minus ANY consultant.edit - Just saw Sharon's post. Maybe it is in the consultant agreement. But not in the online guide...Anyway, that's my take on it. The guide doesn't cover the situation.

Last edited:
I agree that whoever actually does the show should get the sales & commission. IMO they should get the bookings too!

Here's one for you. I was sick & called a new recruit to go do my show, telling her that SHE would get the sales & commission. She was happy to help! At the show, she talked to the host about the business opportunity & the host signed! She lost out on $200 in commissionable sales, since we gave that show to the one who had just signed, but she got some other perks for jumping & doing the show for me at the last minute:
  • a promotion to Senior Consultant with a 1% pay raise on her sales & 1% on her recruits sales (which the recruit has already done $1,700 before she even received her new consultant kit!)
  • she earned $50 PC Dollars for her new recruit who just qualified (since she was still in her first 90 days when she recruited)
  • a $25 recruiting bonus will be on her Dec 8th paycheck.

Now I'm trying to help my new Senior Consultant finish qualifying herself! I've given her 6 hours at my booth this weekend to help offset the fact that she lost out on $916.40 in commissionable sales the night that I was sick!

How's that for a complicated situation??? LOL

can not believe this is causing issue, the first consult should be please the hostess wasn't left high and dry.
who ever does the show the whole thing is theirs, that's what I say.

I agree with everything that's been said...was just hoping for an actual reference in our Consultant's Guide...I know there used to be one, but can't seem to find it in the new one.

Thanks again...

That situation used to be addressed, but I think HO took it out.The consultant who does the show submits it. Guests who book are free to choose which consultant they book with. If the original consultant is quick on the uptake, s/he will follow up with any guests for whom they have contact information to get bookings. (But they'll have to get the booking info to the submitting consultant if they want the host to get the booking benefit at those shows.) But if the consultant doing the show gets bookings there, and the guests choose to book with that consultant, then so be it. Customers are free to choose who they work with, just like it's up to potential recruits to choose who to sign with.

Thanks, Ann...I was hoping you would weigh in on this...I consider you to be an expert on all things Business Guide related!

Thanks everyone for your input...I'll pass on what everyone said to my AD.

chefann said:
That situation used to be addressed, but I think HO took it out.

The consultant who does the show submits it. Guests who book are free to choose which consultant they book with. If the original consultant is quick on the uptake, s/he will follow up with any guests for whom they have contact information to get bookings. (But they'll have to get the booking info to the submitting consultant if they want the host to get the booking benefit at those shows.) But if the consultant doing the show gets bookings there, and the guests choose to book with that consultant, then so be it. Customers are free to choose who they work with, just like it's up to potential recruits to choose who to sign with.

The Pampered Chef Goddess, the all knowing guru, the one most enlightened one, the one who will beat me later at NC, has spoken excellent words or wisdom.

To me, if someone in the cluster was sick and needed help I would, and I wouldn’t expect any of the commission or bookings, with the thought that I may need help my self later. Just my $0.02.. :)

To put it in perspective.... if you worked at Target & called in sick - and someone came in to cover for you, would you bug them to pay you for the time they just dropped everything and came in to fill your spot? Ummm..... I don't think so!! LOL

I would definitely give the commission and bookings to the consultant who did the show. I gave a show to another consultant Monday night and she kept everything. I wouldn't want to spend my time doing a show only to have someone tell me I couldn't keep the sales.

Just adding my 2 cents worth.... Home office is very specific that whoever does the show submits the show. They have said it numerous times throughout this last year at conferences. (Sorry I don't know where it is in print). This even goes for a recruiter doing a new consultant show as well. Now bookings, that is up to the customer. I have taken over for someone, & the customer was very adamant that they would only book if I did the show.

~Warning~ Before you ever take over for someone this is something that should be discussed. Not afterward, because you could just say no & save yourself the headache.

Pedey said:
To put it in perspective.... if you worked at Target & called in sick - and someone came in to cover for you, would you bug them to pay you for the time they just dropped everything and came in to fill your spot? Ummm..... I don't think so!! LOL

I love this.

I have a friend who used to sell PL and they have something in their pay system that addresses this. My friend covered for her manager, she submitted the show and got paid, a lesser rate than normal, as part of the sales % went to the original consultant. What they (PL) figured (or how it was explained to my friend) is the Orig. Consultant did all the work of hostess coaching, invites or suggesting for list and hostess mailing, and talking hostess through things that she should get something. New consultant, yes she bails hostess and orig. consultant through, but other than show, she didn't do any prep work. So that's why they split % of sales. Not to add a monkey wrench into things.

I know 3 years ago, my director bailed me out, I had a death in the family and had a bridal shower booked, she got all sales and bookings (which at time I didn't care about). But looking back, it would have been nice to get something from it as I custom made the invites, we had made special little favors (that I had made for hostess) and I did more than allot would have and I got nothing for it.

Oh well, I've survived and it was more important for me to be where I was needed for my family.

HTH,
Lisa

I think it is actually funny that it even needs to be addressed. I got sick a few years back and had several parties that had been scheduled. I asked my director to fill in on the only one who would/could not reschedule. I never even considered asking for the credit or the bookings. I didn't do the party so why would I? I guess it might be a matter of age or ethics or the way I was raised that you do not ask for something you did not earn. Just my thinking.

Related to Consultant Taking Over Show Question

What does it mean when a consultant takes over a show?

When a consultant takes over a show, it means that they will be the one facilitating and running the event. This could be due to the original consultant being unable to attend or if the host decides to switch consultants. The consultant taking over will handle all aspects of the show, from demonstrations to sales and orders.

How does a consultant takeover affect the host's rewards?

A consultant takeover will not affect the host's rewards in any way. The host will still receive all the same benefits and rewards as if the original consultant had hosted the show. The only difference is that the consultant taking over will be the one delivering the rewards and handling the orders.

Can a host request a specific consultant to take over their show?

Yes, a host can request a specific consultant to take over their show if they have a preference. However, it is ultimately up to the consultant's availability and schedule. If the requested consultant is unable to take over the show, another consultant will be assigned. It is always best to communicate any requests with your original consultant as soon as possible.

Will the consultant taking over have access to the original consultant's information and orders?

Yes, the consultant taking over will have access to all the necessary information and orders from the original consultant. This includes any pre-orders or orders placed during the show. The consultant taking over will be responsible for delivering the orders and handling any customer inquiries or concerns.

Can the consultant taking over add or change products from the original consultant's show?

No, the consultant taking over will not be able to add or change any products from the original consultant's show. This is to ensure consistency and accuracy in orders. However, the consultant taking over can offer additional products for purchase during the show, but these will be separate from the original show's orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • Laura Kavanaugh