• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant as Host for Open House

If you check the 'consultant as host' button on PP, will you get the host benefits and no commission?You will not get the host benefits if you check the 'consultant as host' button on PP.
hmolah
I have never had an Open House (have one scheduled this month), and was looking in the Recipe for Success handbook about receiving commission on my own show. It says that we are not to receive commission on our own hosted show - but I thought I had talked to other consultants that have?? :confused: I also heard about putting the shows into hubby's name, but it says that if you or anyone in your household that hosts, you will not receive commission. :eek: Hubby did do an office catalog show for me several months ago at his workplace, and I was not aware of this rule, therefore I received commission on the show! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess what I'm getting at is, I don't want to be dishonest AT ALL. :( I would feel awkward receiving products as a host, and receiving commission too. How does this work? I need the 'by the book' answers and advice please! I don't want my consultant status ripped from me for a misunderstanding! :( I can't imagine PC would be in business long if consultants got free products, and commission, etc on their own shows. It seems like stealing to me...which I guess maybe I was a part of when hubby did an office catalog show. And HE did all of the work, I didn't do a THING!

Lastly, if I check the 'consultant as host' button on PP, will I get the host benefits and no commission? As you can see, I'm really confused and probably under the wrong impression on this topic. Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much!

It is a bit confusing in the RFS. You won't get commission on the host purchases. If you happen to purchase stuff past the free, half-price and host special, you lose out on that commission. It can suck if you only have the 15% discount, too. I only use the free, half-price and host special when I host my own show...and I usually have an open catalog show for myself every month.

As far as I understand, Kate is right. No commission on host orders with the discount, b/c the discount can be greater than your commission or regular discount!

Think of it this way, anything you buy at a bigger discount is more investment for your biz! I know I plan to get a few items I don't have to show and sell from mine.

You get comission on the guest sales. And for the host benefits, you get free product value at the catalog show rate. Even if you did a demo, consultants don't get the host benefits at the cooking show rate--if that makes sense! If I host, I'll use the free product value, 1/2 price items, & host special...if I'm needing things. Otherwise I'll make it a mystery host show, & give the host benefits to someone else!

lacychef said:
You get comission on the guest sales. And for the host benefits, you get free product value at the catalog show rate. Even if you did a demo, consultants don't get the host benefits at the cooking show rate--if that makes sense! If I host, I'll use the free product value, 1/2 price items, & host special...if I'm needing things. Otherwise I'll make it a mystery host show, & give the host benefits to someone else!

Lacy - I have done cooking shows with me as the host and I have always gotten the cooking show rate.

Whew! :eek: Ok, I was reading that last night very late, and I think I was just jumping to the most negative conclusion! Thanks for the insight ladies! I about had a heart attack! lol :p

Another thing to do is do a Mystery Host which is anyone who orders, put there names in a hat and draw one name. That person has the opportunity to purchase the host special.

1. Can I host an open house as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to host open houses to showcase our products to potential customers.

2. What is the purpose of hosting an open house as a consultant?

The purpose of hosting an open house is to introduce new customers to our products and services, as well as to build relationships with existing customers by providing them with an opportunity to see and try our products in person.

3. How do I prepare for hosting an open house?

To prepare for hosting an open house, you should choose a date and location, invite guests, and plan a menu of recipes to showcase our products. You should also make sure to have plenty of product samples and catalogs on hand.

4. Can I offer discounts or promotions at my open house?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the ability to offer discounts or promotions at your open house. This can help attract more guests and encourage them to make a purchase.

5. What are some tips for a successful open house as a consultant?

Some tips for a successful open house include promoting the event through social media and word of mouth, offering interactive product demonstrations, providing samples and giveaways, and following up with guests after the event to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennsRAQ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • gtrchic05