• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Show Ideas for Consultants

If they RSVP, you're more likely to have a successful event. If they don't RSVP, you're more likely to have a successful event.
racaotto
Has anyone ever done and open house type show, where the guests can come and go? If so, does anyone have any iedas to share? I am a new consultant within the last 6 months and am having a hard time getting some bookings. I am considering doing an open house, showing some of the products on a one on one basis. Has anyone ever tried anything like this?

You are better off having a party with a starting time than an "open house". People will treat it less casually and because of this, your attendance will be better. In general, open houses have poor attendance.Because the party is at your house, you have the chance to arrange products (and you haven't had to schlep them) so people can see many more items than if they were attending at someone else's home. You can make it a point to do a quick introduction, talk about whatever you want for a few minutes, do a demo (or have food already prepared) and then give people time to check things out.

Thanks Jeanine! You are probably right.

Likely people will pass if they have something else to for the day. Maybe if it with a birthday or something they might come but better bet to host your own party and make it light. Get the RSVPs and prepare to leave lots of mingle time.

I've held very successful open houses, though never hosted one myself. I have products out on display and something to eat in an adjoining room. I greet each guest as she (or he) enters. I give her a catalog and order form. I tell her that I'm there if she has any questions at all, pointing out the guest special that I have also on display. I tell her to bring me her form when she's ready; I'll be glad to total it up for her. The key, as always, is the host. Over-invite, and collect outside orders.

Mine are always successful, Sunday's was $801. No demo food in kitchen and just answered their questions. I think YOUR attitude determines the success of it, if you think people won't attend or purchase they won't!!

Teresa Lynn said:
Mine are always successful, Sunday's was $801. No demo food in kitchen and just answered their questions. I think YOUR attitude determines the success of it, if you think people won't attend or purchase they won't!!
Not sure how that works...."think they won't attend, they won't", since they don't know me or what I'm thinking. ;)
I'm in that boat of waiting right now. I put out 50 invites to my neighborhood for a Cold Stone show with kids (and parent) for this week. Asked them to RSVP because of limited space. Hey, free ice cream, it's been so HOT, and it's supposed to rain this week- so they can't go outside or to the pool much....should work, right?Now I sit and wait and see, and prepare, just in case. I don't know these people or have phone numbers to call either. I don't think my attitude about that part will matter since they don't see that. Yes- IF they come, the rest would be up to me.I've done two other shows at my house like this- with ZERO in attendance.
It really just depends on the people in your area. You never know WHAT results you'll get. Some people have great luck; others- bomb.
But it can't hurt to try, right?In MY Case, I added a little extra something to my invitation. I basically did a 4-page newsletter (front/back)- it included my invitation on the front, along with my picture/monthly "blurb" from my newsletter with my picture/contact info. Then the 2nd page was the Grilling tips from the PWS News page/newsletter, 3rd page was July Host special and my bonus offer; plus the offer for "Need 4 hosts to gather $250 in orders and get all of this...." deal. The last page was a Fruit Salad recipe and tips on washing/storing fresh produce when you buy it.
So it was some sales, lots of tips/recipe. Hopefully, even if the Ice Cream show tanks, I'll have gotten my name out there again and something else comes of it.My attitude is good- but it's not going to do much at this point for attendance. I'll just keep going!

What I meant was if I hadn't followed up just assumed they would either come or they wouldn't
I sent it out to 65 (past hosts & customers), I followed up with a phone call, text or email plus they got the reminder from my website. I could have just relied on the website and not put forth any more effort!

Teresa Lynn said:
What I meant was if I hadn't followed up just assumed they would either come or they wouldn't
I sent it out to 65 (past hosts & customers), I followed up with a phone call, text or email plus they got the reminder from my website. I could have just relied on the website and not put forth any more effort!

Yes. Agreed. Same as what we tell our hosts.
In my case, I cant since I dont know 99.9% of my neighbors (sad, I know). I have maybe a third of their emails, but thatbis through the Community Watch which I helped start. I won't abuse that though...that wouldnt be right.

I am preparing for 30, but will be happy with 4, as will my boys. They are excited for this to work...to meet new friends and get ice cream? What more could a boy ask for?? :D

Hi--just wondering if anyone/how many came to your Ice cream show/open House?

We did this and no one came--but still had fun with our own little cousins later in the evening. :)

Lanachef said:
Hi--just wondering if anyone/how many came to your Ice cream show/open House?

We did this and no one came--but still had fun with our own little cousins later in the evening. :)

Not to mine. The neighbor kids across the street came over and played with my kids. It basically ended up being just a fun play date for them. :)

But I have NEVER had any luck with my own shows/open houses. I'm not going to bother doing them anymore. The only good thing I ever get out of them is a clean house, and the fact that I don't have to lug the products anywhere....just out of my cupboards. :D

Q: How can I make my open house show more interactive?

One idea is to have stations set up where guests can try out products or participate in demonstrations. You can also have games or activities related to cooking or kitchen tools.

Q: What are some creative ways to display products at an open house show?

Consider using a tiered stand or a themed centerpiece to showcase your products. You can also create a mock kitchen setup or use a chalkboard to list the benefits of each product.

Q: How can I attract more guests to my open house show?

Utilize social media and send out invitations to your network. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or hold a raffle for attendees. Collaborating with other consultants or hosting the event at a popular location can also draw more people.

Q: Are there any special deals or promotions I should offer during my open house show?

Yes, offering exclusive discounts or bundle deals can entice guests to make a purchase. You can also have a limited-time promotion or a buy-one-get-one-free offer to boost sales.

Q: How can I make sure my open house show is a success?

Be prepared and organized. Have all your products and materials ready, and have a clear plan for the event. Make sure to engage with your guests and provide a welcoming atmosphere. Also, follow up with attendees after the event to thank them for coming and offer any additional assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • daricsmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • sparklechef