• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Been Invited to a Pampered Chef Show W/ Different Consultant?

In summary, the friend that knows the OP sells PC invited her to a Chocolate Bliss Cooking Show, but the OP is unsure if she should go because she already sells PC and would get a commission from the party.
ChefPaulaB
I have a friend, not a super close friend, but a friend that knows that I sell PC that just sent me an invitation to a Chocolate Bliss Cooking Show from PC with a different consultant :eek:... At first I kind of laughed and thought it might be fun to go and watch another consultant do a show (and see the differences), but then I thought Hey! Why didn't she book with me if she wanted to do a PC show, and if she had to book from someone else, why invite me!? WTS!! Kind of irks me a little bit. I can't decide if I'm just going to totally ignore the whole thing, or send her an email kindly declining the invitation because I SELL it, or what? Go and not order, because seriously, I'm not gonna go and pay full price for someone else's commission when I can get it all at a discount from myself. Am I just being a b***h? I never get upset at any of my friends that attend a party with another consultant because they can't help being invited, but I've never had this situation before...

I would R.S.V.P. that you will not be attending because you already are a consultant. Plain and simple. I think your friend has a few loose screws or you have not been bugging her about having a party or buying products so
maybe she did not think you were doing it any more.

Did you ever come out and ask her if she wanted to host a show before? If you did not do that, another consultant did and she obviously WANTED to host and took the opportunity when another person asked her. Don't be mad at her. Let it roll off your shoulders. Like the OP said, kindly RSVP "no" since you already a consultant. Tell her to have fun and let you know all the goodies she gets for hosting! Who knows, you don't want to burn your bridge with her b/c you NEVER KNOW how that consultant will be or what not, and if you are kind and supportive you just might find her as your customer in the future :)

Last edited:
How about saying, "I'll come to your party. I guess it'll give me a chance to check out how other consultants do their shows. I'm sorry I had poor timing in approaching you about booking a party. I guess I missed the boat on that. I'm kind of sad though that you didn't choose me. I probably won't get anything, though, since I'm in the same business and can take advantage of my discount." I don't know...does that sound bad? Oh, I feel for you. That must really get you. I know I'd be really upset. I wonder if maybe she had booked off a friend's show or something and that's why?

babywings76 said:
How about saying, "I'll come to your party. I guess it'll give me a chance to check out how other consultants do their shows. I'm sorry I had poor timing in approaching you about booking a party. I guess I missed the boat on that. I'm kind of sad though that you didn't choose me. I probably won't get anything, though, since I'm in the same business and can take advantage of my discount."

I wouldn't even go there! If I was on the receiving end of those sentences, I would feel like I was put in the middle and now I have hurt feelings and did the "wrong thing". Then, I would get really annoyed that I was "lashed out on" in a round about way and I would never view that "friend" the same way anymore.

JMO. Plus, yes this is our biz...but our services are about THEM, not us! In the big picture, our customers care less about what WE want and feel....they are more into what they want. It's natural. We are all like that :)

Yikes!Yeah, see that's why I come here. To get opinions. Now that you share that, I probably wouldn't say those things either, thinking about it more.I'm too chicken to risk stirring up a conflict.

babywings76 said:
Yikes!

Yeah, see that's why I come here. To get opinions. Now that you share that, I probably wouldn't say those things either, thinking about it more.

I'm too chicken to risk stirring up a conflict.

I would be SUPER IRRITATED if that happened to me too and there would be so many things I'd want to say! LOL! I always have to come here as well &/or ask my husband's opinion on certain scenarios before I even proceed to respond or what not. It's hard sometimes and that's why I love having this community to help/support each other :):

I have another point of view. I've told people to feel free to invite me if they have another consultant. I understand if they've had another consultant for years and feel a loyalty to them. (I hope my hosts feel a loyalty to me.) I also understand if they are helping a friend start their own PC business. I would consider it a good way to see how someone else does a show. I wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't place an order. I'd keep a low key and just consider it research. Then again, I'm not particularly normal.

I agree with Rae, go and check it out. Some times friends are the worst hosts to have anyways, so it may just be a blessing in disguise!!

raebates said:
I have another point of view. I've told people to feel free to invite me if they have another consultant. I understand if they've had another consultant for years and feel a loyalty to them. (I hope my hosts feel a loyalty to me.) I also understand if they are helping a friend start their own PC business.

I would consider it a good way to see how someone else does a show. I wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't place an order. I'd keep a low key and just consider it research.

Then again, I'm not particularly normal.

And, that's what we love so much about you Rae!

I agree, too. Go to the show and get pointers - both in what you liked and didn't like about her show. Remember, we're not in competition, and most appreciate peer support. Let the consultant know (maybe after the show, when you would normally check out, so she isn't nervous during) that you're a consultant and won't be purchasing, but you wanted to see how someone else does their show.

My downline's niece is an "advisor" for a jewelry DS, and I've been to 3 of her shows, plus my daughter is hosting for her next week. She pretty much makes the entire show one long game, and everyone has fun. She was teasing her aunt last week for 'copying' her material - since Auntie was there with paper and pen in hand!

I had a past host book a party off her sisters party with a different consultant. Guess she had problems with her and she called me afterwardss. I helped her out even though I was not the consultant, she apologizedabout not having me do her show. She booked it to help her sister out. I helped her out without making her feel bad or guilty (she was doing enough of that*)-
Since than her sister has booked off me and I'm sure she will book again with me

Malinda, when I've run into a situation like that I make sure to let the person know that (1) there are no hard feelings and (2) the booking benefit follows the host, not the consultant. She could have helped her sister and still had me do her show. This way if she's ever in the same position she can make an informed decision. BTW, I also make sure my customers know that. Every once in a while I have someone at one of my shows who mentions that she has hosted in the past who will then go ahead and book a show. Basically, I tell her, "I'm so happy that you scheduled a party with me, and I'm really looking forward to meeting your friends and family. I do want to make sure you know, though, that you can have your consultant do the party and [friend] will still get all of the same benefits. I will understand completely if you want the consultant you've used before to do your party. No hard feelings." I've yet to have anyone take me up on that offer, but it truly is sincere.

pampchefsarah said:
And, that's what we love so much about you Rae!

It's nice to be known and loved for exactly who I am. :D

pampered1224 said:
I would R.S.V.P. that you will not be attending because you already are a consultant. Plain and simple. I think your friend has a few loose screws or you have not been bugging her about having a party or buying products so
maybe she did not think you were doing it any more.

My thoughts as well, but on the other hand. If she knew you sold, she could have asked BEFORE she booked with someone else, even if you have been "bugging" her or not.

As painful as it is when someone we know books with someone else, I'm also a firm believer that no one owes us. I'm with Rae. Simply go and enjoy the show. :)

I agree with Rae as well. If you feel really hurt by it and would not have a good time at the show, RSVP no and take your family for a fun night out and don't sweat it. I bet she booked off a friend and didnt realize she could use you. Chances are she forwarded her address book to the consultant and wasn't thinking. I doubt anyone would knowingly put themselves in a situation like this one.

By all means DO NOT GO to the show if you can't let it go. This is her party and her friends/family are coming to relax. They dont want to witness the PC Showdown. LOL. Just kidding!

PS...make sure when you RSVP or after the show that you mention to your friend that you ARE a PC consultant and would be more than happy to help her in the future. That way she knows you are still doing it and she knows that if this other consultant doesn't work out you are still there for her.

I might ask the friend if it was okay to come even though you won't be buying anything since you're a consultant? Be polite and upbeat and let her decide if she wants a non-buying guest. Sidenote: My downline who was trying to get $150 in orders this month before she went inactive called with a neat blessing. A guest at a party had booked a show with another consultant. The consultant had her dh call the day of the show to say she was too sick to come to a show. The host had the party anyway since friends were coming. She called the consultant to give her the orders but the lady has moved and isn't responding to email or phone. So the host called my downline who is now having a show fall in her lap! Never burn bridges.

I think you should go. Might be fun!

You never know why she booked with the other consultant. Did you ever ask her? Have you asked her lately? My brother-in-law and his gf had a party with the gf's niece who just started her business. They did it to help her out. You just never know what really happened.

I would normally love to go and see but I also think you need to consider the other consultant. She just may be working her business and be an innocent bystander. Even trying to be totally low-key someone may say that you are a consultant. Also, she may wonder what's wrong with her presentation when you don't buy something.When I've been in the same situation I tell the host I would normally love to come but don't think it would be fair to the other consultant to have me there without HER approval. So I respectfully decline. If the host wants to ask the other consultant if I can attend, I'll reconsider but I don't want to hurt her business. Think how you'd feel if another consultant showed up at your show...without you knowing???

janetupnorth said:
Think how you'd feel if another consultant showed up at your show...without you knowing???

I have had this happen.... while not terrible it did throw me off.

janetupnorth said:
I would normally love to go and see but I also think you need to consider the other consultant. She just may be working her business and be an innocent bystander. Even trying to be totally low-key someone may say that you are a consultant. Also, she may wonder what's wrong with her presentation when you don't buy something.

When I've been in the same situation I tell the host I would normally love to come but don't think it would be fair to the other consultant to have me there without HER approval. So I respectfully decline. If the host wants to ask the other consultant if I can attend, I'll reconsider but I don't want to hurt her business.

Think how you'd feel if another consultant showed up at your show...without you knowing???

True, maybe you shouldn't go.

I had another consultant come to my KITK on Saturday. My DD remembered her from one of her Close to my Heart workshops in January. She was the first to arrive with her child and when she came in, I said, "Hi I'm Jane. My DD said that you had come to one of her CTMH workshops in January. Do you still sell PC?" She responds, "I don't scrapbook. I don't remember going to anything in January." I respond, "Well my DD recognized your name. You may have made cards instead. Are you still selling PC?" I think by this time, she realized I wasn't going to let it go. She says, "Oh yes I do." I said, "Well here is your folder. I know you won't need the catalog but feel free to copy any of the other material for your own use. I love to share with other consultants." She replies, "Oh you have a catalog in here. Well I am going to an open house after this, so I'll just take it with me." I looked at her and said, "It has my sticker on the back." Other people started to come in so I let it go. My recruit was helping me and she said this lady kept saying I "wasn't doing it right" about things. Then in an effort to get more of the drawing slips turned in, I told everyone that anyone who turned in one got the S/S SB. I smiled at her and said, "but since you're a consultant, you won't need to do that." My recruit said she saw her friend filling out a slip and said, "Don't do that. I'm your consultant!" Course I didn't hear any of this but thought it was hilarious. She also told my recruit that this lady was signing up with her. When she left, my recruit told me and since the lady was still there, I walked up to her and said, "I hear you are joining us in the PC biz." She looked and me and said, "I have never said I would sell PC." I smiled and said, "I hope you and your daughter enjoyed today. I'll let you know about August." My question is, should I let this consultant keep attending my workshops? Do I email her and ask what she feels I did "wrong"? I don't want her making remarks like that to people who don't know me. I always get several "strangers" I don't know at these workshops. BTW she was at the Team Meeting I went to on Monday night. It was multiple directors and I didn't recognize hers. She must have been telling the table where she sat about the KITK because one of the ladies came up to me and asked to pick my brain on how I did these! Sorry for the hijack!

I'd go but just make sure that you don't step on her toes with wanting to give tips. I had a past consultant at a few of my shows and TRUST ME she's in the minority of rude, snotty, down right annoying people! UGH! She would talk over me, try and give out tips, tell me how to do things, and even others thought she was rude. Thankfully I lived in the neighborhood longer so that people got to know me first and how I did things before she can waltzing in. Oh and she likes to talk behind my back.:grumpy:

So just go if you choose but be gracious and understanding to the other consultant and not say much. :)

I have an acquaintance who once did PC....she has shown up to my friends parties, never booked....she has attended my Open Houses, again no bookings...always because she has already a party booked with another. Turns out that since she first learned of my biz...she has booked 3 cooking shows, with 2 diff consultants.....hadn't had one in over a year! A couple of friends, who attend her shows in support, have commented that she is booking like crazy but never once with me. = )

It happens...it's all good....a blessing since she is a past consultant who has "everything" and is always trying to overtake my shows with "shoulds and cans"...I can only imagine the expectations were she to book with me!

No worries....focus on those who book with you. = )

I would attend to learn....but ask the consultant beforehand....I'd probably get all nervous knowing! But, I'm a newbie and nerves are part of the package.

I agree with Janet, but you could have her run it by the other consultant.

Put yourself in the other shoes. We consultants are "sistas" after all. Did we not bond at NC?

Oh, Make sure the other consultant doesn't recruit her! :eek: I'd still mark THAT territory.

I actually had the same issue at a recent show. The past consultant kept talking to the 3 people around her (about everything but PC) and the TV was behind her (on) so she was kind of loud. There were only 4 people there besides the hostess and her hubby.

And then she booked a show.....

I dont turn away bookings but I am uber-nervous of how this will turn out.

Please, Please, Please if you go, be kind to the consultant. It isn't her issue and if it is....it isnt' worth your tears or stress! As they say here: Bless and Release!

One other note to add. I did a show where it turned out there was another consultant there. She had been a consultant for awhile but hadn't ever really gotten her business going...but was finally in the process of making it happen. She was very polite and clearly didn't want to draw any attention away from me. I had a split second of anxiety, but then simply congratulated her. Later I told her to feel welcome to observe my check-out process. In the end, we became good friends...and I learned from her as much as she did from me.

In many ways, this business is about helping each other. Doris never advocated back-stabbing or under-cutting. Our customers aren't stupid; they know when someone is being unprofessional. They also appreciate it when we show generosity and support towards each other...and that is great advertisement for becoming a consultant.

raebates said:
I have another point of view. I've told people to feel free to invite me if they have another consultant. I understand if they've had another consultant for years and feel a loyalty to them. (I hope my hosts feel a loyalty to me.) I also understand if they are helping a friend start their own PC business.

I would consider it a good way to see how someone else does a show. I wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't place an order. I'd keep a low key and just consider it research.

Then again, I'm not particularly normal.

you seemed pretty normal to me when I met you at NC!!! Other than being too loud on the clapping!!! JK :D (just had to throw that in!)
LOL
it was really nice meeting you!!!

It was a pleasure to meet you, too. I've got to get that clapping thing under control. LOL!

Attitude makes a HUGE difference. Going to the party with an attitude of support and openness to learning, then letting the consultant know at the end (or the beginning, but that might make some people nervous) that you are a consultant and so won't be ordering is one thing. Going and talking trash about the consultant and attempting to keep the people around you from booking or recruiting with that consultant is just plain rude.

Understand that I would never assume that you would be rude and disrespectful in any way. If you can't adopt a truly positive attitude, though, simply decline the invitation. If you really feel a need to ask why she decided to go with another consultant, I'd suggest waiting until after her show is done. That would create less of a disruption for her and the other consultant.

Oh, and another way that I'm completely weird--it wouldn't bother me at all of another consultant to come to one of my shows. I'd hate for that consultant to be rude, disrespectful, and disruptive, but I wouldn't mind at all if one was there.

Chef Endora said:
Oh, Make sure the other consultant doesn't recruit her! :eek: I'd still mark THAT territory.
Actually, it's completely up to the prospective consultant to decide who they want to sign with. Some people aren't comfortable working with people with whom they are already friends.

I probably wouldn't go - just because I'm busy, and it wouldn't be the best use of my time. It's an evening I could be home with my family....why would I spend it going to a PC show where I wasn't the consultant?

Don't assume anything about the other consultant or your friend. When you assume you run the risk of making an "A&@ out of U and ME". (Sorry for the colorful remark) :p

I think it is important to encourage ALL consultants during this stressful economic time, no matter what. My 2 cents.

I agree with Janet, I wouldn't blindside the consultant...this situation happened to a very good friend of mine. She called the consultant (or maybe emailed) and said she had been invited to the host's show, but since she was a consultant she would like to come and watch/observe. The consultant had no problem with my friend coming, and they were both able to learn from each other...the consultant doing the show was open to my friend's thoughts and my friend picked up some new ideas. If you want to go then do so but just be honest about the situation:)

If another consultant came to my show, I wouldn't mind.... I wouldn't want them to tell me at the start of the show though. I would want them to tell me at the end of the show why they didn't buy anything. I would ask and see if this other consultant is very new at the biz; if she is don't go. If she has been doing it awhile then she should be pretty comfortable around anyone.

I had another consultant come to my KITK on Saturday...

My question is, should I let this consultant keep attending my workshops? Do I email her and ask what she feels I did "wrong"? I don't want her making remarks like that to people who don't know me. I always get several "strangers" I don't know at these workshops. BTW she was at the Team Meeting I went to on Monday night. It was multiple directors and I didn't recognize hers. She must have been telling the table where she sat about the KITK because one of the ladies came up to me and asked to pick my brain on how I did these!

I would talk to your Director about what happened and how you feel about it. She can probably suggest the best approach. Personally, I would probably jump the gun and call the person and say "I don't want you to come to my shows because you ruined the last one!" but that's probably not the best way. Your Director may even suggest that she talk to the other consultant's Director about what happened.

I'm always interested in seeing how other consultants do their shows. I'd go just to watch and even offer to help anyway I could without taking over.
I had a simular situation where a hostess that had a party booked with me had her son join PC without contacting me. He went through HO and was recruited by my Director.

I just had a friend book & host a cooking show with another consultant because she didn't want to do a catalog show & was too impatient to wait for me to come off maternity leave (c-section recovery) to do her show. You can go read that thread here to see how many problems have popped up over that whole thing. She's definitely MY customer now!!! LOL

I also did a show last month where another consultant was a guest. She was polite enough to sit back & not intervene, just watch. When one of the customers asked about the pineapple wedger and I said I didn't have it, she popped up & said that she actually had that in her car! :) She went & got it & the customer liked it so much she bought one. I was in the kitchen talking consulting stuff with one girl when another one came in the room & said that she had been asking questions with the other consultant who sent her in the kitchen to talk to me. She was at least polite enough to not try & steal a potential recruit. I thought that said a LOT for her business practices. ;)

I've been selling for over 15 years and for awhile there was a "competing" cluster in our area whose cons kept showing up at my shows... THIS WAS BEFORE THE BOOKING BENEFIT (I always would hear complaints at craft fairs or shows about this cluster & their poor customer service etc.)

It is very unnerving to have another cons. at a show (not if they are in our cluster we encorage our newbies to observe different cons for training) but to have "strangers"
attend who makes comments all the time, rolls her eyes, WEARS her PC shirt or brings her bag stuffed with catalogs, business card magnets or recipe cards to pass out as she's leaving is unethical and annoying.

If you go I KNOW you wouldn't behave this way , but there are some out there who do.

Hi all, I agree with a lot of what is being said, you never know why this person went with the other person, it could be family, a family friend.

Don't let this ruin your friendship with this person, you never know what the future holds and if you do go, be nice you might really hit it off with this person.

WOW! Thank you ladies for all of your thoughts & advice! Wasn't expecting quite this much of a response! After reading through everyone's responses and thinking about it, I still don't know what I'm going to do, but I know that I would never go and ruin the show for the other consultant. That's just not how I roll. The main thing that bothers me is she is a member of our neighborhood card club that I also belong to and I'm quite sure that she has invited everyone from that, and that is taking away from me. I have never "bugged" anyone from my list of family and friends to buy or book from me. I let them know that I am selling it and if they want or need anything, they can call me, I'm not going to be that person that is in their face all the time. I don't like the idea of all of the club people going to this other consultant, but I also know that there isn't anything that I can do about it. I would never call and "yell" at her or anything either, because of course I don't know the circumstances of her booking with this other consultant, I don't know the other consultant either. I do know that she has never been to one of my shows, so it's not because she doesn't like my style... I'm sure it was just one of those things. She has never been to any "party" that I have hosted, PC or anything else, and she has been invited to a few... So, I guess my issue now of going or not is would I go if it were a jewelry party or something else, or am I just putting so much thought into this one because it's PC... I probably won't go, just because I wouldn't go normally, and I just established Monday night as Family Dinner night (my son and his fiance and baby will be coming along with my DH and our younger son and daughter) and the party is Monday night, so I'm not going to give up our first family dinner night for her party just to go and watch. So, there, I just made a decision! I'm not going and it has nothing to do with being mean or mad, it's about my family coming first. I feel so much better now! Thanks!!!

ChefPaulaB said:
WOW! Thank you ladies for all of your thoughts & advice! Wasn't expecting quite this much of a response! After reading through everyone's responses and thinking about it, I still don't know what I'm going to do, but I know that I would never go and ruin the show for the other consultant. That's just not how I roll. The main thing that bothers me is she is a member of our neighborhood card club that I also belong to and I'm quite sure that she has invited everyone from that, and that is taking away from me. I have never "bugged" anyone from my list of family and friends to buy or book from me. I let them know that I am selling it and if they want or need anything, they can call me, I'm not going to be that person that is in their face all the time. I don't like the idea of all of the club people going to this other consultant, but I also know that there isn't anything that I can do about it. I would never call and "yell" at her or anything either, because of course I don't know the circumstances of her booking with this other consultant, I don't know the other consultant either. I do know that she has never been to one of my shows, so it's not because she doesn't like my style... I'm sure it was just one of those things. She has never been to any "party" that I have hosted, PC or anything else, and she has been invited to a few... So, I guess my issue now of going or not is would I go if it were a jewelry party or something else, or am I just putting so much thought into this one because it's PC... I probably won't go, just because I wouldn't go normally, and I just established Monday night as Family Dinner night (my son and his fiance and baby will be coming along with my DH and our younger son and daughter) and the party is Monday night, so I'm not going to give up our first family dinner night for her party just to go and watch. So, there, I just made a decision! I'm not going and it has nothing to do with being mean or mad, it's about my family coming first. I feel so much better now! Thanks!!!

That's what I was trying to say in my post. It's just a matter of priority, and going to someone else's PC show wouldn't be high on my list when I could be spending the evening with my family!

It could be that she is doing it as a favor to a friend who is starting their business. I know that when one of my best friends became a PC consultant, and begged me to help her. I'd never gone to anyone else's shows, and had never hosted a show...and was only doing this one under duress. I was afraid no one would come to mine, because I'd never gone to theirs...and to be honest, I wouldn't have known NOT to invite another PC consultant, because I wouldn't have known anything about how the system works.

ChefBeckyD said:
It could be that she is doing it as a favor to a friend who is starting their business.
That's a good point! I just had an email from my cousin, who used to be a PC consultant and knows that I still am one, about a catalog show she's putting together for a friend of hers who just signed.

ChefPaulaB said:

It sounds like you never even asked her, maybe that's all the other consultant did and she wanted to book a party!

ChefPaulaB said:
The main thing that bothers me is she is a member of our neighborhood card club that I also belong to and I'm quite sure that she has invited everyone from that, and that is taking away from me. I have never "bugged" anyone from my list of family and friends to buy or book from me. I let them know that I am selling it and if they want or need anything, they can call me, I'm not going to be that person that is in their face all the time.

99.9% of the time, no potential host or customer is going to call you to host a show. This is our responsibility as consultants to run our business. Offering the opportunity to host or attend a show of yours is not being the person that's in their face all the time.

So, in hind site, you may be displacing your annoyances with yourself onto your friend. I know this sounds kind of weird and I don't want to sound mean or anything! Because, what I gather is that the #1 frustration is that the friend knows you are a consultant but booked a show w/ someone else and now you are upset she did not come to you to have a show. If you never asked her.....then what do you expect?

Please please please don't take what I am saying as that I am criticizing you or anything!!!! I just think this has nothing to do with your friend but more with you being upset for not getting the booking or the business....but you never asked for it :blushing:

I went to another company's show and got the greatest booking ideas from attending. You never know what you may learn, if you see it as a learning opportunity. I inputed the other company ladies ideas into my shows, and now average about 4 bookings per show. But Paula, you're making a great decision. Unrelated to PC, your personal life came first.

Okay, people, enough already.... I am not mad at her, thought I pointed that out in the above post, just wasn't sure where to go with this.... I am not going to call all of my acquaintances and friends and family every couple of months and ask if they want to book a show with me.... That's just not how I am, I don't want my friends to look at their caller ID and say "Oh man, it's Paula again, I know what she's calling for, and I don't want to book a party!" Not me, sorry, if that's how your relationships with your friends work, then that's great, that's not how ours works. And again, I never said that it was her problem or mine, I was just voicing an issue, I worked it out, I thank you all for your opinions but I really don't need anyone to tell me that all of a sudden this is my fault and I'm not working my business right, because I am working my business the way that I want. And again, I put it out there when I first became a consultant a little over a year ago, there have been a few people that have booked parties, I do bring the new catalog to the card clubs with me when we get one, in case anyone wants to see it and that's as far as it goes and even after this, that is as far as it's going to go. No, that might be the best way or the most beneficial way to run my business but I am not in this full time and I don't want to be. And no I don't do the 1-2-3 success thing either. Sorry, this maybe coming off a little bit**y, but I just felt that the last couple of posts came off a little on the attack and since I had posted above that I had made my decision and I wasn't angry with her and I wasn't going due to a family dinner, I don't think that any of it was called for. Anyway, I probably shouldn't hit send, but I'm going to anyway... Sorry in advance!

<h2>1. Why was I invited to a Pampered Chef show with a different consultant?</h2><p>It's common for people to be invited to Pampered Chef shows by friends, family, or acquaintances who may not be aware that you also sell Pampered Chef. Your friend may have simply wanted to invite you to the show without realizing that you are also a consultant.</p><h2>2. Should I go to the show even though it's with a different consultant?</h2><p>That is totally up to you! If you are interested in attending the show and learning from another consultant, then go for it. However, if you prefer to only attend shows hosted by yourself or someone in your own team, then you can politely decline the invitation.</p><h2>3. Is it okay for me to attend the show and not make any purchases?</h2><p>Absolutely! Attending a show does not require you to make a purchase. You can always attend and simply enjoy the demonstration and food without feeling obligated to buy anything.</p><h2>4. Should I send a decline to the invitation because I also sell Pampered Chef?</h2><p>If you feel comfortable enough, you can always politely decline the invitation and explain that you are also a consultant. However, if you would rather attend the show and support your friend, that is perfectly fine as well.</p><h2>5. How should I handle my feelings about not being chosen as the consultant for the show?</h2><p>It's natural to feel a little disappointed if you were not chosen as the consultant for the show. However, it's important to remember that it's not personal and your friend may have had a specific reason for choosing another consultant. It's best to let go of any negative feelings and focus on your own business and customers.</p>

1. Why was I invited to a Pampered Chef show with a different consultant?

It's common for people to be invited to Pampered Chef shows by friends, family, or acquaintances who may not be aware that you also sell Pampered Chef. Your friend may have simply wanted to invite you to the show without realizing that you are also a consultant.

2. Should I go to the show even though it's with a different consultant?

That is totally up to you! If you are interested in attending the show and learning from another consultant, then go for it. However, if you prefer to only attend shows hosted by yourself or someone in your own team, then you can politely decline the invitation.

3. Is it okay for me to attend the show and not make any purchases?

Absolutely! Attending a show does not require you to make a purchase. You can always attend and simply enjoy the demonstration and food without feeling obligated to buy anything.

4. Should I send a decline to the invitation because I also sell Pampered Chef?

If you feel comfortable enough, you can always politely decline the invitation and explain that you are also a consultant. However, if you would rather attend the show and support your friend, that is perfectly fine as well.

5. How should I handle my feelings about not being chosen as the consultant for the show?

It's natural to feel a little disappointed if you were not chosen as the consultant for the show. However, it's important to remember that it's not personal and your friend may have had a specific reason for choosing another consultant. It's best to let go of any negative feelings and focus on your own business and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sslangley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Roadtripray