• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Been Invited to Someone Else's Pampered Chef Show??

In summary, two friends from high school invited me to their Pampered Chef parties, with another consultant. I thought it was weird. One of the consultants knew I was a consultant, but they invited me anyway. I would go if it were a good friend, but I would call ahead and ask if it was okay if I observed the show.
sslangley
:eek: I have a really good friend from high school, she invited me to her Pampered Chef party, with another consultant. I thought it was weird. She knows that I'm a consultant, but she invited me anyway.

Has anyone else had this happen??

sslangley said:
:eek: I have a really good friend from high school, she invited me to her Pampered Chef party, with another consultant. I thought it was weird. She knows that I'm a consultant, but she invited me anyway.

Has anyone else had this happen??

I had it happen twice in the same week one time. I had just joined a Mom's Group at my church, and 2 other moms invited me to shows with another Consultant....even though they knew I was also a consultant. I just politely reminded them that I was a consultant, and didn't attend. If it was a good friend that invited me, I'm not sure what I would do....I think that some people just don't get it that this is a job.

If it was a good friend I'd probably attend, who knows what you might learn from seeing a fellow consultant in action. I'd probably also buy something small for an upcoming birthday/anniversary/moving gift.

Yeah, when I think about it, I would probably attend also - for a good friend. If she's someone you haven't seen in awhile, it may have just slipped her mind that you were a consultant. Or maybe the consultant is a friend or family member just starting, and she is helping them out....

She was just following the host coaching, I would go. Hey even if you didnt buy anything like someone else said you can always learn something new. (or steal some parties from the other consultant...evil laugh.)

I had this happen to me as well. A mother of one of my son's classmates had a Pampered Chef party where I was invited. The Consultant was in my cluster. She asked me at the cluster meeting if that was me she sent the invitation to (consultant mailed out invites) I told her it was and she spent the entire cluster meeting talking about how embarrassing it must have been to miss this opportuntity. I told the consultant that it was not embarrassing for me because I did not know this person that well, I did not feel like I missed an opportuntity because I am a hobbist consultant, and that her continual gloating was down right rude. But I digress, I would go if it were a good friend if it were a mere aqaintance I would send my regrets.

We were best friends in high school. We don't see each other that much now, maybe every few months. She knew I was a consultant. I ran into another friend of ours last night. She asked me if I was going, I told her no. She laughed, she said well I knew you wouldn't, and I told her you should have had the show with you. I told her that it was fine.

The friend that I ran into last night, she had a show back in the fall, before I signed. The other friend said she wanted to have a show when she got her house built and moved in.

It's no big deal really, I just thought it was weird.

I would probably go, but call the consultant ahead of time and ask if it is okay if I observe her show. That way I am supporting my friend AND learning at the same time. On another note, I know that I cannot purchase on my recruiter's shows and she cannot purchase on mine. Is there any rule stating that we cannot purchase on any other PC show?

sslangley said:
We were best friends in high school. We don't see each other that much now, maybe every few months. She knew I was a consultant. I ran into another friend of ours last night. She asked me if I was going, I told her no. She laughed, she said well I knew you wouldn't, and I told her you should have had the show with you. I told her that it was fine.

The friend that I ran into last night, she had a show back in the fall, before I signed. The other friend said she wanted to have a show when she got her house built and moved in.

It's no big deal really, I just thought it was weird.

Had she possibly booked at your other friends show, and was just fulfilling that obligation? (just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt!)

I haven't had this happen to me, but if I did, I would probably go! Out of support for my friend, and to see someone else's take on a PC demo...we always have room to learn from other consultants!

But, if they KNEW I was a consultant, I sure would feel like "Why didn't she call me if she wanted to have a show?"

Oh I would definitely go!!
You could pick up new ideas and learn new techniques!!

I have gotten an invite to my friends PC show done with a different Consultant. I was fine with it. I wasnt able to go though

I wouldn't have any qualms about going. I would probably even purchase something, just to be nice. It wouldn't bother me for another consultant to attend one of my shows, either. Observing others is a great way to learn. I've had several former PC consultants at shows, but no current ones.

My going would depend on the situation of how the show was booked with another consultant. If I had no problems with that, I would go, but refrain myself from answering any qeustions b/c I would want to make sure I did not come off as showing what I know (does that make sense?).

Now, if say this was a CLOSE friend and they did not book with me I would not go. But if it was just someone I went to high school with that did not know I was a consultant, I would go. Next time she may book with me!

I think it totally depends on why it was booked with the other consultant.

Well, having just been invited to a show in Pennsylvania on a joke (since my friend knew I was a consultant), I called to RSVP and decided to go! Besides being able to see my friend, I was able to get training as well and deduct my trip!
Don Funt was the Exec. Director who did her show, and he invited myself and my guest (also a consultant) to his Director training the day we flew in. It was amazing. We learned loads, and then got to attend an actual show too. He does things WAY differently than I do it, but that only gave me the opportunity to see what works for other consultants. I would snap up the chance in a heart beat given it again!

Kristin, I was hoping you would chime in on this one!

Tell us more!

If you aren't busy anyway, I would go and maybe even help her have a successful show (if she is friend). Just talk about how much you like a certain product without going in to the whole...I'm a consultant too bit. If it comes up that you are, I would say something about ... I am a consultant because I love the products so much...just like this chopper. I don't know how I ever lived without it. We are always telling our hostesses that it is a great time to get around their friends and have fun...that's true even if you don't buy anything. There is still fun to be had. I'd go just for the grownup time.

pchefkristin said:
Don Funt was the Exec. Director who did her show, and he invited myself and my guest (also a consultant) to his Director training the day we flew in. It was amazing. We learned loads, and then got to attend an actual show too. He does things WAY differently than I do it, but that only gave me the opportunity to see what works for other consultants. I would snap up the chance in a heart beat given it again!

Glad you had a great time and learned lots. You know we'll be expecting notes on what you learned. :D

Related to Ever Been Invited to Someone Else's Pampered Chef Show??

1. What exactly is a Pampered Chef show?

A Pampered Chef show is a cooking demonstration and sales event held by a Pampered Chef consultant at a host's home or online. During the show, guests can sample and learn about Pampered Chef products, and have the opportunity to purchase items.

2. How do I know if I've been invited to a Pampered Chef show?

If you have received a physical invitation or an online invitation through social media or email, you have been invited to a Pampered Chef show. You can also ask the host directly if you are unsure.

3. Do I have to buy anything at the Pampered Chef show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at a Pampered Chef show. However, if you do see items you are interested in, you can make a purchase during the show or through the host's online ordering link after the show.

4. What can I expect at a Pampered Chef show?

At a Pampered Chef show, you can expect to see a variety of cooking and kitchen products in action, as well as learn tips and tricks for using them. There may also be food samples and fun activities, depending on the host's plans for the event.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member to the Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef shows are meant to be a social event, so feel free to invite friends and family members to join you. Just make sure to let the host know how many guests you will be bringing so they can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
bostonbelle
Replies
Views
aried