• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Been Invited to a Pampered Chef Show W/ Different Consultant?

In summary, the friend that knows the OP sells PC invited her to a Chocolate Bliss Cooking Show, but the OP is unsure if she should go because she already sells PC and would get a commission from the party.
ChefPaulaB said:
Okay, people, enough already.... I am not mad at her, thought I pointed that out in the above post, just wasn't sure where to go with this.... I am not going to call all of my acquaintances and friends and family every couple of months and ask if they want to book a show with me.... That's just not how I am, I don't want my friends to look at their caller ID and say "Oh man, it's Paula again, I know what she's calling for, and I don't want to book a party!" Not me, sorry, if that's how your relationships with your friends work, then that's great, that's not how ours works. And again, I never said that it was her problem or mine, I was just voicing an issue, I worked it out, I thank you all for your opinions but I really don't need anyone to tell me that all of a sudden this is my fault and I'm not working my business right, because I am working my business the way that I want. And again, I put it out there when I first became a consultant a little over a year ago, there have been a few people that have booked parties, I do bring the new catalog to the card clubs with me when we get one, in case anyone wants to see it and that's as far as it goes and even after this, that is as far as it's going to go. No, that might be the best way or the most beneficial way to run my business but I am not in this full time and I don't want to be. And no I don't do the 1-2-3 success thing either. Sorry, this maybe coming off a little bit**y, but I just felt that the last couple of posts came off a little on the attack and since I had posted above that I had made my decision and I wasn't angry with her and I wasn't going due to a family dinner, I don't think that any of it was called for. Anyway, I probably shouldn't hit send, but I'm going to anyway... Sorry in advance!

I NEVER said you are not working your biz right or wrong! So please, don't turn my posts into something it wasn't. Also, assuming I call my friends/family every couple of months to ask if they want to book a party is silly. There is a balance and I maintain that.

Looking at your OP, you were upset she booked a show w/ another consultant and admitted you never asked her to have a show w/ you. So, I addressed that, as many others, as you never asked and you have no idea what the circumstances are that lead her to booking that show.

Then you went on to express your fear that she is inviting everyone from your card club and that will take biz away from you. So, I addressed that again as this sounds like you are or WERE just upset over the fact that biz is going to someone other than you.

I am just responding to the concerns you expressed and you asked for opinions. Now I think it's not right to attack me for giving my opinion or "failing" to read into your typed words something other than what I was interpreting. I said repeatedly to please not think I was meaning to be harsh or that I was judging you or whatever. I was simply giving my opinion on what I THOUGHT was the core issue.

I wave the white flag. Sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent or purpose.

Liquid Sky said:
I NEVER said you are not working your biz right or wrong! So please, don't turn my posts into something it wasn't. Also, assuming I call my friends/family every couple of months to ask if they want to book a party is silly. There is a balance and I maintain that.

Looking at your OP, you were upset she booked a show w/ another consultant and admitted you never asked her to have a show w/ you. So, I addressed that, as many others, as you never asked and you have no idea what the circumstances are that lead her to booking that show.

Then you went on to express your fear that she is inviting everyone from your card club and that will take biz away from you. So, I addressed that again as this sounds like you are or WERE just upset over the fact that biz is going to someone other than you.

I am just responding to the concerns you expressed and you asked for opinions. Now I think it's not right to attack me for giving my opinion or "failing" to read into your typed words something other than what I was interpreting. I said repeatedly to please not think I was meaning to be harsh or that I was judging you or whatever. I was simply giving my opinion on what I THOUGHT was the core issue.

I wave the white flag. Sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent or purpose.

I wave right back and I knew that I shouldn't have hit send on that post, but I also said I was just shocked that she invited me to the show with another consultant, that was my biggest upset over the whole thing... But now I'm letting it go.... the whole thing, the invite and my snotty post and everything... as they say, Bless and Release.... Done! :D

If ya look a few posts down from your OP, I said I would have been really irritated over what that friend did as well. :blushing:

It's hard especially when it comes to our friends/social connections and our businesses!!! It takes it to an emotional level and it's super hard not to react. I battle with that all the time and thank goodness I have Chef Success and my husband to help me "see the big picture" and get other opinions. Does that make sense?

BFF still?? :):)

Liquid Sky said:
If ya look a few posts down from your OP, I said I would have been really irritated over what that friend did as well. :blushing:

It's hard especially when it comes to our friends/social connections and our businesses!!! It takes it to an emotional level and it's super hard not to react. I battle with that all the time and thank goodness I have Chef Success and my husband to help me "see the big picture" and get other opinions. Does that make sense?

BFF still?? :):)

No worries, it's all good!;)

<h2>1. Why was I invited to a Pampered Chef show with a different consultant?</h2><p>It's common for people to be invited to Pampered Chef shows by friends, family, or acquaintances who may not be aware that you also sell Pampered Chef. Your friend may have simply wanted to invite you to the show without realizing that you are also a consultant.</p><h2>2. Should I go to the show even though it's with a different consultant?</h2><p>That is totally up to you! If you are interested in attending the show and learning from another consultant, then go for it. However, if you prefer to only attend shows hosted by yourself or someone in your own team, then you can politely decline the invitation.</p><h2>3. Is it okay for me to attend the show and not make any purchases?</h2><p>Absolutely! Attending a show does not require you to make a purchase. You can always attend and simply enjoy the demonstration and food without feeling obligated to buy anything.</p><h2>4. Should I send a decline to the invitation because I also sell Pampered Chef?</h2><p>If you feel comfortable enough, you can always politely decline the invitation and explain that you are also a consultant. However, if you would rather attend the show and support your friend, that is perfectly fine as well.</p><h2>5. How should I handle my feelings about not being chosen as the consultant for the show?</h2><p>It's natural to feel a little disappointed if you were not chosen as the consultant for the show. However, it's important to remember that it's not personal and your friend may have had a specific reason for choosing another consultant. It's best to let go of any negative feelings and focus on your own business and customers.</p>

1. Why was I invited to a Pampered Chef show with a different consultant?

It's common for people to be invited to Pampered Chef shows by friends, family, or acquaintances who may not be aware that you also sell Pampered Chef. Your friend may have simply wanted to invite you to the show without realizing that you are also a consultant.

2. Should I go to the show even though it's with a different consultant?

That is totally up to you! If you are interested in attending the show and learning from another consultant, then go for it. However, if you prefer to only attend shows hosted by yourself or someone in your own team, then you can politely decline the invitation.

3. Is it okay for me to attend the show and not make any purchases?

Absolutely! Attending a show does not require you to make a purchase. You can always attend and simply enjoy the demonstration and food without feeling obligated to buy anything.

4. Should I send a decline to the invitation because I also sell Pampered Chef?

If you feel comfortable enough, you can always politely decline the invitation and explain that you are also a consultant. However, if you would rather attend the show and support your friend, that is perfectly fine as well.

5. How should I handle my feelings about not being chosen as the consultant for the show?

It's natural to feel a little disappointed if you were not chosen as the consultant for the show. However, it's important to remember that it's not personal and your friend may have had a specific reason for choosing another consultant. It's best to let go of any negative feelings and focus on your own business and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sslangley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Roadtripray