• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalogs in Nail Salons: A Good Marketing Strategy?

In summary, many people have put catalogs in nail salons, hair dressers, etc., but it is a bad idea and a waste of time.
JoyfulChef
Has anyone ever put catalogs in nail salons, hair dressers, etc.? I was thinking of doing this but didn't want to just put the catalogs out. Should I do a special or a letter or something on the cover. I'm already stapling a business card.

Or.....is this a bad idea and waste of time?

Thanks!

I have put catalogs out as salons and they get laid down with other magainzies....... which is frustrates me!!!!

I catalogs out in salons and also at the spa where I get my nails done. They are put with the other magazines. I haven't had any success with this but who knows one day someone will call. It's worth a try.

I have brochures out where I get my nails down as well as where I take my sons for haircuts. The only reason I don't leave them where I get my hair done is because it's a German salon with few Americans. I've also left them at the base clinic, the base dental clinic, the place I pay my phone bill (on base), Landstuhl Hospital, etc. :cool:

I, too, am wondering how successful it is leaving the catalogs or brochures around. I know personally, I may look, but never buy or book from any direct selling company brochure I see at the doc's offices.

I have found that if you do whats called "adopt a business" (got the idea from a dear friend of mine), where you go into an establishment, either one you frequent, or one that you pick at random, and bring in a small sample of food along with a recipe card (outlining the PC products used in making the food...so simple) and a letter intorducing yourself and letting them know to contact you day or night for a catalog (or if you have old ones on hand, leave those with your letter stapled to the front), you will get a great response. More often then not, that business will ask you to come back and do a lunch hour show, or want to place an prder as a whole based on the food they tasted (mmm...because it is so yummy), or the fact that you made it look so easy by using pampered chef products to create it. I do this about 2 x a week and I have had gret fun doing it and allot of success. You also can write off your mileage and grocery bill for business, if you so chose to do so. Godd Luck!!

I say if they allow you to put your catalog in there, do it. years ago I had a lady call me from a catalog that was in her work break area. she and her family ended up having numerous shows for me and then she signed at one point. not bad for $0.39 of advertising (although it was less back then!)

And, my nail lady asked for catalogs and order forms in aug to do a catalog party and it was over $300. she asked me again today to drop off some more for nov!!! okey dokey!

i also have dr's that won't let anyone put anything out becuase if they allow one, then they hae to allow all and they don't want to deal with it. but my ortho receptionist is glad that i bring a catalog, she always looks first before i put it out! hasn't bought anything yet--but working on it!

Great! Thanks!! Do any of you attach something to it besides a business card? I was thinking of putting some kind of eye catching thing but haven't quite come up with something fabulous! LOL

I think it's mostly a waste to leave your name around town, but it's not a waste with your old catalogs that would've gone in the trash anyhow. Leave the old ones EVERYWHERE! Better than the trash!

At your nail salon, why not put a label on an Easy Opener and leave it by the soda fridge? Nobody wants to ruin their nails after all...

Paige Dixon said:
I think it's mostly a waste to leave your name around town, but it's not a waste with your old catalogs that would've gone in the trash anyhow. Leave the old ones EVERYWHERE! Better than the trash!

At your nail salon, why not put a label on an Easy Opener and leave it by the soda fridge? Nobody wants to ruin their nails after all...

Great Idea! I always leave a catalog at my nail place. No takers yet, but you never know. I put a sticker lable with my name, phone, email & one lable with a blurb about my PC BINGO's I do every month.

well i am at a dead in road so i am going to try everything i see on ths site.

LOVE your picture! When was your baby born? Congratulations! :D

thechefofnorthbend said:
I have found that if you do whats called "adopt a business" (got the idea from a dear friend of mine), where you go into an establishment, either one you frequent, or one that you pick at random, and bring in a small sample of food along with a recipe card (outlining the PC products used in making the food...so simple) and a letter intorducing yourself and letting them know to contact you day or night for a catalog (or if you have old ones on hand, leave those with your letter stapled to the front), you will get a great response. !

I think this is a great idea for smaller towns! I recently made my dentist and his team the chocolate pecan tart for helping me out and they loved it! I kept it on the stone because it looked so pretty, but my mother works there as well so I wasn't worried about not seeing the stone anymore. What do you serve the samples on? Just a nice paper plate?

Thanks!

No...I usually bring them in decorated boxes or a gift basket (cheap baskets at the dollar store or on clearence at Joanns...). If I know the office I will leave it in the pc container, otherwise I include EVERYTHING it took to make the treat, that way they feel they NEED the pc items to make the treat just as good for themselves at home...

I work part time in a salon, it isn't a chain like great clips or anything so I put out my catalogs on my station, or back where the dryer chairs are and I have a Pampered Chef sign hanging on my mirror, I do get some shows and orders from it!!

What type of products can I find in the catalog at a nail salon?

The catalog at a nail salon typically features kitchen and cooking products from Pampered Chef, such as cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and cookbooks.

Are the products in the catalog available for purchase at the nail salon?

No, the products in the catalog are for display purposes only. However, you can purchase them directly from a Pampered Chef consultant or through the company's website.

How often are new catalogs released at nail salons?

New catalogs are released every season, which is four times a year. However, there may be special editions or promotions that result in additional catalogs being available.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party at a nail salon?

While it's not a traditional party location, some nail salons may be open to hosting a Pampered Chef party. It's best to check with the salon owner or manager to see if they are open to the idea.

Is there a way to order from the catalog at a nail salon without attending a party or contacting a consultant?

Yes, you can order directly from the Pampered Chef website using the catalog code found in the back of the catalog. This allows you to shop at your convenience without having to attend a party or contact a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rhonda-Roo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCMelissa