• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Need a Pep Talk! (About Pamper Your Business)

In summary, the individual had made four cold calls to local salons proposing a promotion called "Pamper your Business" where she would bring a catalog to the salon to be displayed for a week or two, then pick up any orders at the end of the week and bring a free lunch or dessert. However, three of the four salons were rude and hung up on her before she could finish explaining the promotion, while the fourth rejected the offer. The individual is considering going in person to the salons instead of calling, but is unsure if it would be a good idea to bring her children along. Others in the conversation advised against bringing the children and suggested sending letters instead of making cold calls. They also shared their own experiences with similar
Yakmama
Oh my gosh.. I am SHAKING right now. I just make four cold calls to local salons for the "Pamper your Business" idea. This is exactly what I said:

First I asked for a manager, then:

"Hi, I'm Sonia, a Pampered Chef consultant in Winchester, and I was calling to tell you about a promotion I have going on right now called "pamper your buisness." Basically I would bring you a catalog to keep in your waiting area for a week or two. Then I would come and pick up any orders you got at the end of the week and bring you a free lunch or dessert. Would you be interested in more information?"

Three of the four interrupted me halfway through and said, "NO!" really rudely and hung up on me before I even got through what I was saying. The other was like, "no- we really realy don't need that." I said, "there are no strings attached, you get a free lunch regardless of whether people buy anything or not," and she was like, "I said NO!" and hung up on me. Every single one of them were really rude to me and now I'm shaking like a leaf.

Would this work better if I went in to the salons in person? I know if I mail things they will just throw them away and I will waste a ton of postage (I used to run a small business and just threw away all of the solications we got). If I go in person, I would have to take my kids with me. Would that help or would that be bad? (they are 3 and 10 months).

UGH- I HATE cold calling!!

Don't take your kids! It will be far too distracting! I sent out 25 letters to local hair salons and called back a week later. Everyone of them said no. I haven't tried any more since the major reason was, "I have a good customer who sells it". I figured my time was better spent elsewhere!

Bless and release and try something else. Your area may be like mine and this isn't something they really want to try!

Don't give up. You might try a different type business. Also try saying something about Christmas is around the corner and you can shop from the catalog it would be delivered to your work and etc. etc.
Some places do a no soliciting policy so don't take it personally. It will get easier to hear the no's just let it slide and continue.

Maybe first start with going to the businesses you frequent. Then, when you are doing your normal business there, try to bring up PC and that you'd love to treat them sometime. Then you can explain how great the products are and how quickly just a few orders can add up to a show and then they can get some free stuff. With people thinking of what to get for presents soon, this can help them get some shopping done also. Once you feel comfortable talking about the way you want to do this "pampering" to places you feel more at ease at, you'll have more confidence in approaching other businesses that are new to you. Just an idea. I'm barely getting going on this myself. :)

Don't take it personally...no matter how rude someone is on the end is. Salons in particular get multiple solicitations. (A friend of mine is a salon owner and she gets pulled away from customers every day by sales phone calls...though I hope she isn't rude like the ones you called.)

I'm not a fan of this type of cold calling because it requires the person on the other end to make a decision on the spot...and while it is a very small stressor, it's one more stressor in their day. There are some great 'pamper a business' letters on here. The letters at least allow fellow business owners to think about the offer (even if it's for a millisecond and they throw it away). A courtesy follow-up call is then less interruptive than a cold call.

How crappy this happened to you. There was no reason for them to be rude and I would think twice before using their services. I would say if you decide to ever do something like this again to do it in person with out the kiddies.

I agree. I used to own my own salon and between phone calls for money and people walking in the door its really hard to be nice sometimes. I'm sorry you got the rude treatment. I suggest taking a small plate of btownies or some other treat to the salon you want to involve first. Trust me there isn't a client or stylist that would pass it up. That might get you foot in the door. I have been taking treats periodically to the new salon where I work for 6 months now and they finally did a catalog show, it was over $600. You may not have that kind of time, but I work there. No offense to anyone, but stylists are flaky!! :p Just think these count as contacts and on you list of 100 "no's".

When I call I ask for a manager and say "I was wondering if you might be interested in this new program I offer. All you do is put my catalog in your break room for your employees to browse through, and to show my appreciation for allowing me to get my name out there, I will bring you a treat"

I recommend taking the dessert first because in my experience they have left the catalog their untouched all week and then when I drop off the dessert, they're like "you're who from where?" Whereas if I would have dropped them all off at the same time they would have thought "These brownies are great! That lady is the best...I wonder what's in this catalog she brought" -type thing.

And I have been doing banks with good reception!

1. How can Pampered Chef help improve my business?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and resources to help you grow your business, such as personalized training and coaching, marketing materials, and a supportive community of consultants. Additionally, our high-quality products and generous compensation plan can help increase your sales and profits.

2. How can I get a pep talk for my business from Pampered Chef?

You can request a pep talk by reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contacting our customer service team. We also offer regular training sessions and webinars that can provide valuable insights and motivation for your business.

3. Can I get a personalized pep talk for my specific business needs?

Yes, we offer personalized coaching and training to address the specific needs and goals of your business. Our experienced consultants can provide tailored advice and support to help you succeed.

4. Is the "Pamper Your Business" program only for new consultants?

No, the "Pamper Your Business" program is available to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of their experience level. We believe that continuous learning and improvement are essential for success in any business.

5. How can I access the "Pamper Your Business" resources and materials?

The "Pamper Your Business" resources and materials are available to all Pampered Chef consultants through our online consultant portal. You can also request physical copies of materials through your consultant or customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
accooks13
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies