• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mild Rant...about Being Too Busy to Book....

In summary, people have different definitions of "too busy". Some people think that if you are pregnant or have a newborn, you are too busy to host a show. Other people think that if someone is very busy, they can cancel a show without any explanation.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
What makes someone too busy? I guess people have different definitions of "too busy". In November, I had a lady at a show who said that she wanted to book for late Spring...but to call her in March to set a date. Okie-dokie.I called in March, and called and called. I also emailed. So, today, I finally get an email in return:Hello!
I am sorry, but I am unable to have a party right now. I am expecting a child this summer, and there's just too much to do! However, I have forwarded your email to a friend of mine who is very interested in having a party, so if you get an email from KXXXX GXXXXX, you know it's from me!
Thanks again!V.
Okay - I'm very happy that she has forwarded my email to someone else who is interested. Would have been even better if she had given me contact info! Since it took a month to get an answer from her before, I'm not sure what chance I have of calling and getting that info from her now.:rolleyes:BUT - what makes someone too busy? Really. I've had lots of pregnant hosts, and hosts with newborns...I did a cooking show 2 weeks after my son was born...and I do not consider myself a super-woman of any sort. Why does having a baby in the summer make someone too busy to have a show in the Spring???:confused:

Last edited:
It sure is disappointing, isn't it? Perhaps her friend will book and she'll attend and decide she does want to book after all. Some people, unfortunately, just get too nervous and stressed at the thought of having a party.

I think the best ever cancellation excuse I ever had was 'really sorry got to cancel the show as all my friends are expecting babies and therefore they couldn't make it!'

I must admit the thought crossed my mind as to whether they were all having serious contractions or something which would be a bit inconvenient during teh show, but no all at different stages!!!!!

It does annoy me when people make excuses, I would much rather get a straightforward no or yes

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know it's frustrating.Many here are aware of the schedule I keep. I'm pretty busy. I have no trouble keeping up with my schedule without becoming overwhelmed. I have a friend who appears not to be busy at all. She, however, is often overwhelmed. If she has more than two things to do in a day (especially if they're both in the morning or both in the evening), she just about comes undone. This woman may very well be like my friend and overwhelmed by very little.

My best cancellation excuse (and it was just from someone who couldn't come to a show) was from my Men-Only party. One guy cancelled, because he is a cattle farmer, and he had several calves dropping at the same time.:D

But the one about the friends all being pregnant is hilarious. Are they not allowed to leave the house if they are "with child":D?

raebates said:
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know it's frustrating.

Many here are aware of the schedule I keep. I'm pretty busy. I have no trouble keeping up with my schedule without becoming overwhelmed. I have a friend who appears not to be busy at all. She, however, is often overwhelmed. If she has more than two things to do in a day (especially if they're both in the morning or both in the evening), she just about comes undone. This woman may very well be like my friend and overwhelmed by very little.

I'm assuming that is the case here....

It happens. This is just the type of situation that "Bless and Release" was made for.BTW, I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else.

raebates said:
It happens. This is just the type of situation that "Bless and Release" was made for.

BTW, I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else.

Yep - my little mini rant was very helpful!:D

I have a very good friend who has been in nursing school for over 2 years. She works full time and also has a 6 mo old baby at home. SHE has been too busy to have a show for those entire 2 yrs. I kind of understand it though...her entire free time is spent at school or studying. However, she just finished finals until summer semester and scheduled a show w/ me on May 9th! LOL She said IF she was to do it, it would have to be "before her life sucked again" and do it for May!

SHE is the only example of someone I know who is indeed "too busy" right now...

They are just not as super awesome as you!

some people just panic, thinking their house is not in shape, don't have time to invite, go shopping. or even go into the entertaining mode!

This is kinda off topic, but my MIL has been too busy to do much of anything since my FIL passed away a several years ago. One day last spring I went by to make sure she was planning on attending my DD's music program, and she told me she was too busy and needed to get the lawn mowed, which was at most 2 inches high!! (this woman lives by herself and is retired!!) I started down the walk, and then turned around and said: The lawn will still be here tomorrow, and no-one will remember if it was mowed or not, my DD will remember you being at her music program. She showed up!!
I have been so frustrated with her too busy, until a friend gave me the book on dementia, and now I look at her totally different!

I had a guest try to give me that excuse last night. Then I told her with my shows it really only takes out one evening of her life as I send out the invites and do reminder calls for her. She seemed a lot more pleased that she didn't have to worry about doing any of that and booked.

Becky - could you email her a quick email (or phone) and just inform her about how EASY and SIMPLE it is to Host a Show. Tell her that you are bringing the food and sending out the invites so she doesn't have a lot of other work to do! Maybe she is thinking that Hosting a Show is A LOT of work???????

Also, I love the people who have to check their calendar and it takes them a month to figure out which date will work best for them. Come on - is it really that hard to look at your calendar and know when you're available?

stefani2 said:
Becky - could you email her a quick email (or phone) and just inform her about how EASY and SIMPLE it is to Host a Show. Tell her that you are bringing the food and sending out the invites so she doesn't have a lot of other work to do! Maybe she is thinking that Hosting a Show is A LOT of work???????

Yep - already did all of that! Great minds think alike!

Okay - I called and left her a message, and then also left her an email.

Here is what I said in the email (it's basically what I said in the phone message too)

Vxxxx,

Thanks for getting back to me - and congratulations on your new little one! It really is true that having a baby changes everything!
I will keep you on my mailing list, so that you can stay updated on specials and promotions, and when the timing is better for you, just let me know.

Also, I LOVE referrals!
If your friend Kxxxx contacts me and books a show, then you will get a gift certificate for $10 to be used at her show as a thank-you from me.
If you would like for me to contact her (No pressure - just to send her some updated specials - since I'm now booking May & June) I could do that too. I would just need an email or phone #.

Thanks so much!

Becky D
Independent Team Leader & New Consultant Trainer w/ The Pampered Chef

Sounds good, Becky.

Sounds good....Good Luck with her!!

Gina M said:
Also, I love the people who have to check their calendar and it takes them a month to figure out which date will work best for them. Come on - is it really that hard to look at your calendar and know when you're available?

I have a couple of those on my list right now, from a Home Show I did last weekend! UGH!

And I have had my share of those that are "too busy" to book! It is definitely frustrating!

Sometimes life IS just too busy. I know that I don't have time to host a show. I'm too busy with family, PC, volunteering, work, etc. I probably COULD fit it in, but I'm just not THAT interested. SO if I'm asked to host, I tell them that (well, not all of that...maybe that I'm just not interested, but thanks for asking). I wish more people would be honest regarding whether they WANT to have a show. I try to let people know that I'd rather have a no than a false yes or maybe.

Also keep in mind that many people, especially women, have trouble just flat out saying No. If someone tells me "not now" I ask "not now or not ever" with a big smile.

Remember, too, that sometimes people get all excited about the fun they're having at a show. In the cold light of day they start thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong.

People will come up with any excuse these days. I've been busy at times too but EVERYBODY has a couple of days a week where they're sitting at home at night watching TV. My PC shows last no more than 2 hours, from the time I get there till the time I leave, so they could squeeze in 2 hours in their lives if they wanted to. People tell me their kids are in sports and they have practice, games, etc. I totally understand that because I've been in that situation too. AND I was selling PC.
Just a YES or NO would be much better. I get tired of hearing how busy people are because most of them really aren't. It's just an excuse but it sounds good to them I guess.

I understand your frustration!!

I recently heard back from a woman who told me to call her in April to book a show. She sent me a message back saying that she just doesn't have the time right now - she works 3 days out of the week and spends the rest of the time with family.

Uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm, I work *5* days a week at my full time job, 1 day a week at my PC job, plus I have 2 boys and a husband to care for (feed, clothe, bathe, homework, food shopping, laundry, cleaning, you name it!!) and we're in the thick of baseball season!!! Don't even start trying to tell me you're busy with 3 days of work!! ;)

Cathy,I think we're just organized! I too work full time as a teacher, have 3 kids, do Pampered Chef shows about 2 days a week, make calls A LOT for PC, and do the "normal" jobs we all do around the house. When my students come the next day without their homework and their excuse is: "I had a baseball game". I usually answer, "Wow, you must be really tired, since we got out of school at 2:30. A 7 hour game would make me tired too. Did you know I had to do laundry, make dinner, help my daughter with her homework, feed the cat, walk the dog, vacuum the living room, empty the dishwasher, and did I mention I got your math graded too?" I don't usually get excuses more than once. Since they are 10-11 years old, they get my point. We need to make time for the things that are important to us. It has to be a priority for others. Sometimes it's not for them. It does eark me when I can't get an honest answer from someone though. I don't "track" them down. I will put them on my "call list if needing bookings list".

Some people just can't multitask! I pride myself as being the queen of mulittaskers! LOL For some though, the thought of putting in that extra housework and the little bit of grocery shopping scares them off. I know I have agreed to things before and then thought, why did I do that when I have so many other things going on now! But, it's all in how the person handles things and as others have said, she might not be able to handle more than a couple of things at one time. Hopefully the friend will have a huge party for you!

I don't buy the too busy excuse. If they are so busy how did they manage to find the time to attend a show. I think people like to say that they are too busy because it makes them feel important - like people are just clamoring after them for their attention.......

ok, my rant for the day is over. I'm going to go "get busy" doing the mountains of laundry that are anxiously awaiting me. Oh, and the dirty toilets, and floors, and dishes, and dog, and painting, and.................

lockhartkitchen said:
Cathy,

I think we're just organized! I too work full time as a teacher, have 3 kids, do Pampered Chef shows about 2 days a week, make calls A LOT for PC, and do the "normal" jobs we all do around the house. When my students come the next day without their homework and their excuse is: "I had a baseball game". I usually answer, "Wow, you must be really tired, since we got out of school at 2:30. A 7 hour game would make me tired too. Did you know I had to do laundry, make dinner, help my daughter with her homework, feed the cat, walk the dog, vacuum the living room, empty the dishwasher, and did I mention I got your math graded too?" I don't usually get excuses more than once. Since they are 10-11 years old, they get my point. We need to make time for the things that are important to us. It has to be a priority for others. Sometimes it's not for them. It does eark me when I can't get an honest answer from someone though. I don't "track" them down. I will put them on my "call list if needing bookings list".

I think you have the answer here. If we make a show so exciting to them and make holding on important to them (make them want it) they will make time for it.

I was once told, if you want something done, find the busiest person you know that can do it, they will get it done.

1. What can I do if I am too busy to book a Pampered Chef party?

If you are too busy to book a party, you can still earn free products and discounts by hosting a virtual party or a catalog party. This allows you to still share the Pampered Chef experience with your friends and family without the added stress of hosting a physical party.

2. Can I reschedule my Pampered Chef party if something comes up?

Yes, you can always reschedule your party if something unexpected comes up. Just reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will work with you to find a new date that works for everyone.

3. How far in advance should I book my Pampered Chef party?

We recommend booking your party at least 3-4 weeks in advance to allow enough time for your consultant to prepare and for your guests to RSVP. This will also give you enough time to plan and promote your party for maximum attendance.

4. Can I invite friends and family who live out of town to my Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! With virtual parties, you can invite anyone, regardless of their location, to join in on the fun. Your consultant will provide you with a unique link to share with your out of town guests so they can participate in the party.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party not only gives you the opportunity to earn free products and discounts, but it also allows you to spend quality time with your friends and family while learning new cooking tips and techniques. Plus, you get to try delicious food made with Pampered Chef products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • pngentil
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76