• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I create a buzz and increase bookings with a Top Secret booking idea?

In summary, Litereally everyone was like jumping for it. I had onne couple that shot there hands up and said ok we were going to do a show but now want to even more!
ChefRiGuy
A director in my cluster just emailed this to us all. So I am not taking credit for it, but I think it is a REALLY cool idea, for every new season that arrives for us!On the cover of the manila business envelopes write or stamp "Top Secret". Inside put your normal host packet contents ALONG with the host catalog that you mark as Top Secret Host Exclusive. Now she said she puts a sticker on the front that has a random free product, % off, etc. However I thought to kick it up a bit and make it more fun, I am going to get some bright stickers, maybe a star shape. And then put the sticker somewhere in the catalog next to the item I will be giving them for hosting a show in September. So it is kind of a fun hunt, and each TOP SECRET packet is random prizes. I think this will get some buzz going and people can't resist things that are secret or hidden from them. They will feel special getting an "exclusive" look at the new catalogs. So just make sure to book them THAT night at the show for them to get the offer, and stick to their original date.Not sure if I explained it well enough, but let me know what you guys think. I am making my Top Secret envelopes as we speak! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Oooh I like this!!

That would be a great idea! and a fun one for Fall-Kickoff or shows this month to encourage Sept. bookings....maybe the Star-item is one of the new ones or something.Thanks for sharing!

Yea it is just for the kick off months, so would be any remaining shows this month and maybe early September. But pretty much focus on only Sept bookings because by October the catalog will be out and well known. Since I am starting out my star item will prob be a spice blend, sauce, maybe a cookbook, or small tool. But then just add it to the host order and get the discount and commission off it.

Love this....can you hear me sneeking away stealing it??? Thanks for sharing!

Love it! :D

Still away BayChef, its not my idea, was from my director! I already made my envelopes and am picking out my host star items now.

Trying this tonight at my show, will let you all know how it works!

Love it!!! and will be "borrowing" it for my Open House / Product Preview this weekend!!!

Hmm, I guess I'd have to see what you're talking about.

Ok I'll ask again here now. How do you word it to guests/potential hosts? Do you talk about it during demo/speel. Or do you just bring it up at Checkout?? I like the idea and might be able to get it together before show tonight but want to know how to "sell" it???? TIA

Ok well I brought it up as my last part of the night before I let them browse the catalogs and checkout. I basically said "As if all the incentives for having your own show was not enough I have here 3 Top Secret envelopes. Inside them is all the information you will need to host a show AS WELL AS a host exclusive catalog which will have one randomly selected product between $5 and $10 that I will give you as a gift on top of the other free and discounted products you will earn"Litereally everyone was like jumping for it. I had onne couple that shot there hands up and said ok we were going to do a show but now want to even more!I gave away the small micro cooker, silcone pastry brush, and the recipe book. And it worked out so perfect, everyone was so happy to get those items. Now I have a show booked for Sept, Oct, and Nov. Which for me I only do 2-4 shows a month so to have one booked for each of the next three months already is pretty good feeling.Feel free to ask any more questions!

GREAT IDEA
Did have the picture of a product on the front of the envelope so they can see what they get as an extra gift ? And you just give them the gift at there show

love it, stealing away!

ChefRiGuy said:
Ok well I brought it up as my last part of the night before I let them browse the catalogs and checkout. I basically said "As if all the incentives for having your own show was not enough I have here 3 Top Secret envelopes. Inside them is all the information you will need to host a show AS WELL AS a host exclusive catalog which will have one randomly selected product between $5 and $10 that I will give you as a gift on top of the other free and discounted products you will earn"

Litereally everyone was like jumping for it. I had onne couple that shot there hands up and said ok we were going to do a show but now want to even more!

I gave away the small micro cooker, silcone pastry brush, and the recipe book. And it worked out so perfect, everyone was so happy to get those items. Now I have a show booked for Sept, Oct, and Nov. Which for me I only do 2-4 shows a month so to have one booked for each of the next three months already is pretty good feeling.

Feel free to ask any more questions!

Love it!! I'm definitely doing that at my show on Saturday. It's with a group of ladies I don't know (woo-hoo...finally out of my friends and family circle :D) and I want to get bookings with them! Hopefully they'll jump on it. Thanks!!!

AWSOME IDEA!!! I have a bunch of catalogs to send out to contacts from our State Fair booth. So I think I may do the top secret thing with those too. I mean why not!
Say something like -
"I know a catty is what you were after
but host a party and find an answer.
The question is simple,
the answer is true,
a really neat free item just for you!"

I just wrote TOP SECRET on the envelope, nothing else...and they get the product at their show added to t heir order. Therefore they have to agree to have the show to get into the envelope and see what they win, and dont get the gift for sure until they have their show. Good luck everyone at using it, let me know how it goes. I think this works good mostly for new season launches but I thikn you could do it at anytime.ChefJoy, this was the first show where I did not know ONE guest, and I got three bookings, so I am beyon excited to get out of my circle.

Those who said they were trying it last night or this weekend...let me and us know how it worked out for you!

I have a Wedding shower this Saturday with 20 RSVPs. I only know 2 or 3 people. I am definately going to use this idea. Thank you. I need to fill my Sept. Will let you know how it went after Saturday.

ChefRiGuy said:
I just wrote TOP SECRET on the envelope, nothing else...and they get the product at their show added to t heir order. Therefore they have to agree to have the show to get into the envelope and see what they win, and dont get the gift for sure until they have their show. Good luck everyone at using it, let me know how it goes. I think this works good mostly for new season launches but I thikn you could do it at anytime.

ChefJoy, this was the first show where I did not know ONE guest, and I got three bookings, so I am beyon excited to get out of my circle.

Congrats!! :thumbup: I'm not sure if I'm going to have the time to get them all together...thanks to a teething 8 month old, but I'm going to try! I just spoke to one of the co-host for Saturdays show and as of right now, they have 15 confirmed guests! :eek: :D They have about 10-12 that RSVP'd maybe, so if half of those come...wow! This is shaping up to be my largest party, by far! (fingers crossed the booking love continues...)

Thanks so much for sharing the idea! I'm glad it was successful for you. :)

OK,.. so I did this at my open house yesterday. I made 4 "Top Secret" envelopes and all 4 got snatched up! Woooo-hoooo!Thanks for sharing!!

I tell you it works!!

pampered1224 said:
AWSOME IDEA!!! I have a bunch of catalogs to send out to contacts from our State Fair booth. So I think I may do the top secret thing with those too. I mean why not! Say something like - "I know a catty is what you were after but host a party and find an answer. The question is simple, the answer is true, a really neat free item just for you!"

You guys are amazing! Thank you for sharing such a great idea. :sing:

I, too, just finished a booth at the fair and will do the same thing for my qualified leads. I am going to change the rhyme a little but what a great idea! All the other pseudo-leads that were not willing to answer any questions or be on the e-mail list will also receive a mini-catalog with a 10% discount just to get my name in their hands.:D

Stealing it for my show on the 11th and open house on the 12th! Awesome idea! Thank you

Ok, now I'm getting the jest of it. But being visual, I'm going to have to make some up and apply to 'see' it.
Thanks.

So glad its working...I think I may continue to do it at shows as my way to get bookings, and for sure at the craft fair im doing a booth at in October. People can't resist secrets!

ChefRiGuy said:
So glad its working...I think I may continue to do it at shows as my way to get bookings, and for sure at the craft fair im doing a booth at in October. People can't resist secrets!

FAIR TOMORROW - PROJECT: TOP SECRET

I don't like my handwriting so I changed a label to work for me. (attached)

I couldn't figure out what to put in the white box so I put the months that I am hoping to book a show. Considered circling the month or writing the date in - I will see how it goes tomorrow. That box still bothers me...maybe someone here will be able to expand on that but it works for now.

Also considered putting only 1 month on each label instead of all three but I wanted the potential host to be able to "choose" the packet they wanted - keeping the prize with the "luck of the draw" feeling. You know, always wondering what was in the briefcase they didn't open...LOL

I will post additional attachments as I create them. I am not super talented at all this but maybe someone can take my grain of sand and make it a pearl...

Have a great weekend!

Attachments

• Labels - Top Secret Host Packet.doc
    558 KB · Views: 707
SeeMe4PC said:
FAIR TOMORROW - PROJECT: TOP SECRET

I don't like my handwriting so I changed a label to work for me. (attached)

I couldn't figure out what to put in the white box so I put the months that I am hoping to book a show. Considered circling the month or writing the date in - I will see how it goes tomorrow. That box still bothers me...maybe someone here will be able to expand on that but it works for now.

Also considered putting only 1 month on each label instead of all three but I wanted the potential host to be able to "choose" the packet they wanted - keeping the prize with the "luck of the draw" feeling. You know, always wondering what was in the briefcase they didn't open...LOL

I will post additional attachments as I create them. I am not super talented at all this but maybe someone can take my grain of sand and make it a pearl...

Have a great weekend!

Personally, I would do just one month. To keep the "choosing" part there, just mark them A, B, or C. People tend to book farther out when given the choice, that's the only reason I wouldn't put all three. You could change the words in the box altogether. Maybe say "Host Exclusive" or something like that.

I saw this awhile ago, so, thanks for posting it here! I had an incredibly crappy August. So, my September starts today, and I think I'm going to do this at all of my September shows! It's still "new" all month!

Thanks again!

1. What is the "*Top Secret* Booking Idea"?

The *Top Secret* Booking Idea is a new and innovative way for Pampered Chef consultants to book parties and events. It involves using a secret code word to entice potential hosts to book a party with you.

2. How does the *Top Secret* Booking Idea work?

The *Top Secret* Booking Idea works by giving potential hosts a secret code word that they can use to book a party with you. This code word will provide them with a special offer or incentive to book a party, making it more enticing for them to do so.

3. What are the benefits of using the *Top Secret* Booking Idea?

The *Top Secret* Booking Idea offers several benefits for Pampered Chef consultants. It can help you stand out from other consultants and increase your bookings, as well as provide a fun and unique experience for your potential hosts.

4. Can I use my own code word for the *Top Secret* Booking Idea?

Yes, you can use your own code word for the *Top Secret* Booking Idea. In fact, it is encouraged to use a code word that is unique to you and your business to make it more personal for your potential hosts.

5. How can I implement the *Top Secret* Booking Idea in my business?

To implement the *Top Secret* Booking Idea, you can start by creating a unique code word and promoting it on your social media pages, website, and during your parties. You can also offer special incentives or discounts for those who use the code word to book a party with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KimmyDarling