• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Latest Dorky Idea... (Just for This Week)

In summary, Tina used her FoodSaver to seal a new catalog in plastic and to store rice in the canisters. Kim is looking for ideas for using her FoodSaver and is considering storing lettuce, grapes, and cherry tomatoes in it.
KimmyDarling
I have two shows this week, and I really want to get bookings for March and April, so here's what I did.

Yesterday, I used my FoodSaver to seal a new catalog in plastic. It's vacuum-packed & everything. Looks great. I might even put a sticker that says "TOP SECRET" or "FOR HOSTS' EYES ONLY" on it or something.

Anyway, I'm going to show it to my guests at various points throughout my demo as a teaser, and tell them that the only way to see what's in it is to book a show, then send one home with whomever books. (I'll do a few, for when I get a bunch of bookings!) Then, I'll also have it sitting at my checkout station, for when I ask each person to host.

Shows are Thursday & Saturday. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

That sounds fun! :)It's pretty similar to 'book to look' but all shiny and pretty. I like that!

Haha...that is a cute idea. I don't have a foodsaver though, otherwise I might have tried it! Have you found it to be very helpful? How much did it cost?

I absolutely LOVE my FoodSaver! Can't remember how much it cost-- we got it on sale at Kohl's. It's great if you ever buy in bulk-- like cheese or meats-- or if you do any investment cooking.

Great Idea Kim! I have a show Thursday, friday and Saturday and would love to do something like that but we don't have a FoodSaver either. We bought one years ago when it first came out but my dh thought he could get the bag air tight more than this $100 product! So we took it back. :cool:

My Mom has had a foodsaver for over a year and has not used it at all. I would love to have it when she gives it away. She lives by herself, so I thought it was a great gift when my sister gave it to her. I keep trying to give her ideas for it, but nothing sounds good to her yet.

Since I don't have one and while we wait to hear kimmy's 'book to look' results, can the people that have one send us some of your foodsaver ideas?

Thanks, Tina

Tina, it's great for doing individual servings of things (or double, if you're a couple). We do hamburger patties, steaks, chicken breasts, etc. It's also good for cheese-- I like to get a big block and grate it, then seal it. They make cannisters, too, which I love for things like lettuce, cherry tomatoes and grapes (of which I tend to eat a lot). It keeps them fresh in the fridge for a really long time.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my FoodSaver! My sister suggested making big batches of rice (my family is on a "eat brown rice, it's good for you" kick) and storing it in the canisters. I have to say I prefer sealing serving sizes in the bags and not messing with the canisters! For families trying to save money, it really is worth the investment. I got mine at WalMart, it wasn't much and has paid for itself in the money saved from not throwing out freezer burnt meat, etc. I always buy boneless chicken breasts in a large package and then divide it up into family serving sizes. I might cube some, cut others into strips, etc. Then seal them and write on the pack what it is. Very convenient and very easy.

As far as sealing a catalog in plastic....I did about the same thing yesterday at my show except I used a PC sticker to seal a new catalog shut. I talked about the fantastic trifle bowl but said "it has a VERY unique feature that sets it apart from other bowls but I can't tell you until March!". So even though they were seeing a new product they still are curious about what's different :)

KimmyDarling said:
They make cannisters, too, which I love for things like lettuce, cherry tomatoes and grapes (of which I tend to eat a lot). It keeps them fresh in the fridge for a really long time.

My Mom wants the canisters (thinking Mother's Day or birthday gift for her) for cookies, so she can make them earlier than the few days before Christmas. I never thought of lettuce, grapes, or cherry tomatoes. She eats a salad everyday, what a great idea.

Thanks, I will let her know. Maybe she will actually use it for that.......:( Now she probably won't give it up too soon......... I actually want to see her use it. I think it is great and want one myself.

I wish I had a Food Saver... my parents do and I LOVE it!

I guess, I could used sealed Envelopes... That's a great idea though! I'll have to try it!

Or you could just make a color copy of the cover and put it inside a protector sheet thing and pass around to peak interest and have the actual catty with you at check out to hand out!?? Not as interesting I know but if you dont' have a food saver! It could work?

Kim~

That sounds like the cutest idea!

PsI just thought about this, doing the color copy front page in the sheet protector then on the other side put in Do you love a bargain flyer with the upcoming months Host specials? Pass it around! I may try this one and see if I get any bites!?

Why not put the whole catalog in the protector with the DYLAB on the other side, Heather--why spend the money on color copies? I don't know if it will fit or not, I haven't tried but thought I would express my opinion.

It would just be 1 copy to pass around, so no biggie, plus I don't think a whole catty would fit in the single sheet protector thing?

Very true, one copy wouldn't cost much. Sorry Heather for a bad idea.

No bad idea Harriet, you probably thought I was making copies for everyone to grab hold of and trying to save me $$$! Thanks! I know you are always looking out for the best interest of everyone! :)

Actually, a catalog fits inside the page protectors I use-- that's how I got the idea! I just wanted to make it seem more "top-secret-y" and seal it up so that one couldn't see what was inside without cutting it open. :D

Kim, Heather & Harriet...

GREAT ideas - ya got me going..... :D

I guess I could even do it on a smaller scale, and seal up the S/S mini catalog...

That is a cute idea
I absolutly LOVe my food Saver. I saw one on HSN the other night it stored the roll inside and had a cutter with it we have had ours for over 4 yrs and it has definitly been worth the money

For those of you who dont have the food saver, there is something called Press & Seal...its in the super markets next to the sairan(sp?) wrap. It sticks to itself but nothing else. I also use it when I need alot of pecan tassies,profiteroles etc...in advance. So I make them & freeze them as they are done. They also take up less room in the freezer. I was doing a craft fair & froze 4 dozen of each a month in advance. When defrosted they came out great!....;)

I have a food saver and i don't think I could live without it!! At least I wouldn't want to!!! We use ours for everything.... We always have a big garden in the summer so we do a lot of freezing. I freeze my corn and green beans in them and I can boil them right in the bag. We also go camping and I use it alot to pack for our camping trips. like I will put first aid supplies in them.
The Catalogs are a very cute idea!
Heather

I would just pass around the front of a catty and put it in a sheet protector along with the next two months of specials (or whatever you are booking for) and let them know that the only people that will get a few cattys tonight will be the ones booking. They will get a few in their host packet.

Question for those who have a FoodSaverAny recommendations on which model is best? I have been wanting one of these for a long time & was looking at their website. They have V1205 & V2240 for $99 each. Any opinions on which is best?

Ok, so I have put together my cover page and DYLB sheet on the flip side, I have a show tomorrow so I will pass it around along with 10 reasons to buy stoneware sheet just for info to the guests and see if it increases either bookings or stone purchases!! Will get back with results!

I love that idea......I have two shows this week... I am going to have to try it and see hwo it works....

So, has anyone tried this yet? I may have to try the press 'n seal idea since I don't have a foodsaver. I'd love to know how it worked first if anyone will share. TIA

Sherrie, I will be doing this at my shows on Thursday and Saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Mine is tonight, I will share the results as soon as I can!

Yet another great idea!! Can't wait to try it!

Zip Lock BagsIf you don;t have a Foodsaver, you can always try a Ziplok bag. They come in many sizes so you can put a host packet together, with the catolog as a cover. I haven't tried it, but as I was reading all the posts I thought," There's another idea".
I too have to Foodsaver and I use it all the time. You can get replacement bags,at Walmart & their brand is much cheaper then the name brand and work just as well!!

Good luck to all!
Valerie

Last edited:

Related to My Latest Dorky Idea... (Just for This Week)

1. Can you explain how you used your FoodSaver for your latest dorky idea?

Yes, I used my FoodSaver to seal a new catalog in plastic, creating a vacuum-packed, eye-catching presentation. I even added a fun sticker to make it stand out even more.

2. How do you plan on using the sealed catalog during your shows?

I will be using the sealed catalog as a teaser during my demo, showing it to my guests and letting them know that the only way to see what's inside is to book a show with me. I will also have it displayed at my checkout station to further entice potential hosts.

3. Will you be giving out the sealed catalogs to every guest at your shows?

No, I will only be giving out the sealed catalogs to those who book a show with me. I will have a few on hand to give out to those who book multiple shows.

4. How long do you plan on using this dorky idea for?

I will be using this idea for just this week, during my two shows on Thursday and Saturday. After that, I will evaluate its success and decide if I want to continue using it in the future.

5. Will you be updating us on how this dorky idea works out for you?

Yes, I will definitely be updating everyone on how this idea worked out for me. I am excited to see the results and share them with my team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • Pedey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • laylaleigh