• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carrying Your Catalog Tote Works Too!

In summary, a customer approached me at Wal-Mart and mentioned that she loves Pampered Chef. I was able to get her sister-in-law's sister to co-host my open house.
hmolah
I've been a consultant for 2 years, 1.5 of which I've been a hobbyist. Wanting to step up my business to earn more money with a flexible lifestyle, I've decided that when people approach me about PC, that I will be a little more forward and not so shy. :rolleyes: So here's what happened this evening...

I'm shopping in Wal-Mart (not wanting to spend much $$ for food for my Open House tomorrow) and the lady at the checkout (cashier) notices my PC catalog tote in my cart. She says "Oooo..Pampered Chef!" I said yep, I'm a consultant. She talks very briefly about how she loves PC and how she got so many wonderful PC gifts from her recent Wedding Registry. Trying to get into my groove and not loose out on this, I asked her if she had a consultant. Well, come to find out, her sister-in-law's sister was her consultant, but just recently quit selling PC, and so she has no one. I was done checking out at this point, and she was ringing the next customer up, so I had to think fast, as to not hold the entire line up. I handed her a catalog and told her to call me! :D That is a huge step for me! I usually smile when someone talks about PC, and I'm usually too shy and too worried about being 'pushy' to say anything to anyone. She told me that she'd be in contact and thanked me for giving her a catalog! :p

As I was pulling out of the parking lot and smiling to myself for not being afraid to talk about what I do, I realized that I did NOT even think to invite her to my Open House, nor did I ask for her info! :eek: But as I said, I was already checked out when most of this conversation occurred, and I am still VERY new at responding to people like this.

So, my long-winded story is to say, that.... THOSE CATALOG TOTES WORK!!! :D I'm so glad I purchased mine, and I've only been carrying it recently, and I've gotten a couple of nods and inquiries about it! I'll keep carrying it! She has the new F/W catalog, but August is almost over, and I didn't have anymore S/S ones!

Thought I'd share...

That is awsome, I carry mine all over the place with me, and use it as a purse, I just recently pulled my S/S catalogs out and put in the F/W catalogs in it!!!

It really works!I had to go to the hospital this morning for some pre-op work and had my tote with me. The nurse filling out my chart says to me "I saw your bag and I just love Pampered Chef". Well, I said "so do I!". So, to make a long story short she booked a show for September. I had a Host packet and my calendar with me 'just in case' too. Plus, I carried a bunch of old catalogs with me and spread them throughout the different waiting areas.

I was in the grocery store yesterday and one of the cashiers stopped me too. Said she'd see if she could get her daughter to co-host with her. I haven't heard back from her yet.

So, if you haven't gotten your catalog tote yet by all means get one. They are great!

Linda

Mine should be here today!!! yeah, can't wait.

I was dropping my dtr off last night at school and they were having an open house and a couple approaced me since they saw the window decal and asked for a catalog. He had thrown her pizza cutter away and were desperate to get another one! It was quite cute to watch them because I noticed they were talking about PC once they saw the sign and they were hitting each other of who should go ask for a catalog. Like they were afraid to ask me--and I was watching all this thru my rearview mirror since they had already passed me! It was kinda funny! So, I gave them a schpiel and catalog and they will call me. BUT, stupid me didn't think fast enough to ask if they'd like to do a show, duhhhhhhh. Ah well, maybe next time!

Make sure to put a pack of survey slips in that tote so you can get their info too and be able to follow up with them!!!

is the bag you all are talking about the catalog shoulder tote bag that's on the supply order?

yes, that is the one

Tiffany - yes, it is!

Thanks so much- I earned $20 pc dollars from my director and that's what i'm going to spend it on!!!!

I'm going to take it everywhere and cross my fingers and hope that someone says something.

It a great tote & your laptop even fits right down inside of it for shows!

I use my tote as my every day bag and I was at Walgreens yesterday when the woman behind me asked if I sold PC. I said yes I do would you like a catalog? I handed it to her and she asked if she can just call me w/ an order. I said she could. She said well my sister had a show many years ago and we never saw another catalog since. I explained hosting a show and how she could get the itmes for free. I didnt get her phone # though!!! that was bad on my part.

anyone else ever hand out catalogs and forget that part?

I took some advice from Belinda: When someone asks what you've been up to or how you're doing... Don't just say "OK", which is what I've always done until after conference. I talked to an old neighber and when she asked I said, "Well, I have got to tell you that I started selling PC last year and I love it and its the easiest money I've ever made for a lot of fun." Her reply? "Wow. Sounds like something I might want to do." OMG!:eek: Is it really that easy? We're going to meet up and catch up and talk about PC, too.

Anne,
I was just listening to #2 cd from Step Up To Success (Belinda) on my way to church this morning - and what you did is EXACTLY what she says to do!
Good Job! I could kick myself - I ran into an old neighbor at Costco this weekend....and when she asked what I was up to - my response? "Oh - not much":eek:

Sounds great! Good luck Anne

ChefBeckyD said:
Anne,
I was just listening to #2 cd from Step Up To Success (Belinda) on my way to church this morning - and what you did is EXACTLY what she says to do!
Good Job! I could kick myself - I ran into an old neighbor at Costco this weekend....and when she asked what I was up to - my response? "Oh - not much":eek:

Isn't it funny when you get a suggestion that's so simple? All of the people I have talked to that I just said, "not much."

What is the purpose of the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote is designed to make carrying your Pampered Chef catalogs and order forms easier and more efficient. It has multiple pockets and compartments to keep your materials organized and easily accessible.

What are the dimensions of the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote measures 15 inches wide, 12 inches tall, and 5 inches deep. It also has a 10-inch handle drop for comfortable carrying.

Can I use the Catalog Tote for other purposes besides carrying catalogs?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. It is great for carrying groceries, books, or other items. It can also be used as a diaper bag or work tote.

Is the Catalog Tote machine washable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is machine washable. We recommend washing it on a gentle cycle with cold water and air drying it to maintain its shape and durability.

What material is the Catalog Tote made of?

The Catalog Tote is made of durable polyester with reinforced stitching for long-lasting use. The handles are made of sturdy nylon for comfortable carrying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindy Arredondo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
2 3
Replies
Views
taterbug
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • Jess_K
  • Pampered Chef Sales