• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Tote: A Bold and Versatile Diaper Bag for Modern Moms

In summary, the tote is a bit too bold and people don't react to it the way that the designer intended. They could change it up to make it more comfortable for the person carrying it.
Jess_K
ok I so bought the catalog tote and have since been using it for a diaper bag :) for the time being. I've found that I almost feel like it's a bit bold and that it stands out too much. I understand that that IS the point of carrying one, but has anyone put anything different in it? Besides just the catalog?

I was thinking of maybe creating a flyer with a photo of my kids, host special, something pink for HWC, and maybe some new spring photos. Any ideas? Maybe something with six different sections...or should I just get over my silly thoughts?:eek:

You just need to get over it. ;)just kidding! If having just the catalog in it isn't your style, then go ahead and change it! You could easily put together a "scrapped" page to fit in the pocket with pics of your kids, your favorite products, etc.

I alternate between that catalog and the ribbon tote. Right now, I am thinking I can't wait to get back to the catalog tote. New catalog...I got a lot more requests that way. I also was using it for flyers etc. Whatever works, just go with it. (and yeah, what Ann said! Get over it!! :) )

I think for people to actually see it and react to it... it has to be bold. If there is too much "stuff" there they won't think... "hey, do you sell PC?" I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting it. Most people probably don't pay any attention to it anyway so unless they know about PC and are interested they may not even "get" that you are advertising.

But I agree, if you feel funny about it - change it up so you are comfortable with it.

Ooh, good idea to switch! I've been using the ribbon tote, but you're right--new catalog catches the eye.

I alternate betwen the fall catalog, the spring catalog and the consultant planner. All are in the over-stuffed front pocket, it just changes from day to day what is in front.It is my purse and I find it handy for the most part. Though sometimes it's a bit hard to get to my stuff in there.

hmm.. I was thinking a scrapped page.. but then again maybe the suggestion of over doing it...

ya ya.. knew I would get that response.. to "get over it" :)
I think I just might.. I think it's the hardest when I'm out with DH.. he doesn't think it's all that great and frowned on it when I got it.. maybe that's my TRUE issue here. Thanks everyone ;)

I did put a HWC pin on the strap right near the words.. looks good and reminds me of HWC..

I feel the most self-conscious about it when I am at work. Particularly when I am out in the community, because I feel like if I'm promoting anybody's business, it should be the one I'm on the clock with.But then again ... somebody spotted mine while I was at such a function and requested a catalog. So ya never know ...If you think it would be a problem with DH you can always put the catalog part facing you when you're walking with him ...

Jess_K said:
hmm.. I was thinking a scrapped page.. but then again maybe the suggestion of over doing it...

ya ya.. knew I would get that response.. to "get over it" :)
I think I just might.. I think it's the hardest when I'm out with DH.. he doesn't think it's all that great and frowned on it when I got it.. maybe that's my TRUE issue here. Thanks everyone ;)

DH did the same thing when I got mine... especially when we are out or at church or at a family event or... well, basically anywhere. When we are at a work event for his job, I try to be respectful and carry it with the picture facing me. We did have a family memorial service/funeral a few weeks ago (DH's dad's brother) and out of respect for DH, I did carry only my old purse! And when I'm at a function for the "regular" job where I'm supposed to be representing my hospital, I carry it with the picture facing me.

When we got a catalog tote at conference, it had a cardboard insert in the clear plastic section that said "ASK ME ABOUT THE PAMPERED CHEF!" Maybe you could make on up on card stock and just stick that in there. Hmm, off to play... ;)

ETA my creation...

Attachments

• Catalog Tote Insert.doc
    17.5 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
cathyskitchen said:
When we got a catalog tote at conference, it had a cardboard insert in the clear plastic section that said "ASK ME ABOUT THE PAMPERED CHEF!" Maybe you could make on up on card stock and just stick that in there. Hmm, off to play... ;)

ETA my creation...

I was thinking about doing something along these lines. Or something about Fundraising, Cooking Show, etc.

katie0128 said:
DH did the same thing when I got mine... especially when we are out or at church or at a family event or... well, basically anywhere. When we are at a work event for his job, I try to be respectful and carry it with the picture facing me. We did have a family memorial service/funeral a few weeks ago (DH's dad's brother) and out of respect for DH, I did carry only my old purse! And when I'm at a function for the "regular" job where I'm supposed to be representing my hospital, I carry it with the picture facing me.
I do the same thing when I'm at work, I don't want them to think I spend that much company time on my other business!

What dose the tote look like? I think i want one but i have no idea what it looks like.

Ditto that SassyCook. What does it look like? I have a red one with handles and a black one. Nothing clear... Can you actually slide a whole catalog in the front for people to see?

Yes you can slide a catalog or 2 into the clear pouch. I also put a bunch of mini's in it to, since it is handy. Someone took some pictures before. Check under the files section and type in PC bags and you will find some pics.

I got mine today and can't wait to get out of the house with it
YIPPIE!

I was at a church thing on Sat and I saw someone with one and I was talking to my friend about how I could never do that. I guess I am not brave enough but then she asked me why not you sell dont you. So I think I am going to purchase one as soon as I get more money

What is the size of the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold?

The Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold measures 17.5 inches wide, 14.5 inches high, and 8 inches deep. It has plenty of room to hold catalogs, order forms, and other essential materials for your Pampered Chef business.

Is the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold durable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold is made with heavy-duty polyester material and reinforced stitching, making it durable for everyday use. It also has a sturdy bottom to prevent sagging and protect your items.

How many pockets does the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold have?

The Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold has a total of 9 pockets, including 7 exterior pockets and 2 interior pockets. This allows for convenient organization and easy access to your business materials.

Can I personalize the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold?

Yes, you can personalize the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold with your name and contact information for a professional touch. The personalization is embroidered onto the tote for lasting quality.

Is the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold machine washable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote- a Bit Bold is machine washable for easy cleaning. We recommend washing it on a gentle cycle with cold water and laying it flat to dry for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• matressler
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • toaster_pastry
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
  • PamperedChefLayla