• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales with Catalogs: Tips from an Insurance Company Employee

In summary, Kristina is trying to figure out how to get more orders, Lorraine is trying to stay positive about the show and 3 girls are trying to come up with ideas for getting more orders.
JackieB999
Gold Member
Hi everyone... I'm new and I work for a huge insurance company. I thought my place of work would be a gold mine since I know and work with so many people. We are allowed to leave catalogs in the break rooms and bathrooms.

I have been putting 2 or 3 catalogs out everyday in different places and they keep disappearing, so that's good. I've chatted with several people about PC. I have 2 friends in other departments doing catalog shows but so far only 1 person has ordered.

I hosted my own Grand Opening at my house last weekend and I had 23 confirmed guests but only 12 came. Ok, so that's expected. I had a nice show, $710.00 in guest sales. I have 2 more girls at work that say they're going to place orders tomorrow (payday).

So my questions is... should I stop leaving catalogs around? I know it's better to do shows and describe and show the things. Everyone I talk to loves PC, incuding myself, and I just thought I would have more orders by now. I even have stickers on the front of the catalog describing Host Benefits.

Any advice? Thanks :)

just a suggestion......one of my team mates, went around her neighborhood with old catalogs and had them in the plastic sleeves you can get on supply order and hung them on the door. she not only got a couple of orders, but had a recruit sign up the night she left them on the doors.....I wish you all the best with your new business.....on your question for right now....I would hold off a bit and maybe but the little pocket catalogs out....at $.50 a pop it will get pretty pricey out there.

JackieB999 said:
I hosted my own Grand Opening at my house last weekend and I had 23 confirmed guests but only 12 came. Ok, so that's expected. I had a nice show, $710.00 in guest sales. I have 2 more girls at work that say they're going to place orders tomorrow (payday).

Congratulations!! You had an awesome grand opening... I know you were dissapointed about the 11 that didn't come, but 12 is a really, really good show! Did you have some that booked their own shows from that?

I'd say now focus on those that have come to your grand opening, have placed orders, those that are placing orders through these catalog shows... follow up with them once they've received their products. There will undoubtedly be some who will want to host their own cooking show, which will get you into different circles really quickly.

Once the new catalog is out (September), then it'd be worth doing the 'catalog drop' again, I'd say!

Enjoy!!!

you could get a small binder and fill it with clear plastic sleeves. tear one catalog into individual pages & put them in the binder. (i do this at vendor tables) then on the front say "breakroom copy" or something and say "contact me at ________ to place an order or to get your own copy of the catalog". maybe that will help them from disappearing so fast and you could at least get the contact info of the people who want a full catalog.

Hi Kristina... I think that's a great idea! I went and bought 2 small notebooks with a see-thru cover and put a cut-up catalog in them with plastic sleeves. Hopefully they will stay put in the breakrooms!

Hi Lorraine... I did have 1 booking and 2 maybes from that show and I'm trying to stay positive! I did have more orders from work on Friday and that brought my show to $1037! One girl ordered a lot. Then she asked me if she got the consultant kit, did she actually have to sell! LOL My recruiter says they are called kit-nappers.

3girls.. thats a great idea with the door hangers too... when I get some extra or old catalogs, I'm in. Thanks for the all the ideas!

JackieB999 said:
Hi Kristina... I think that's a great idea! I went and bought 2 small notebooks with a see-thru cover and put a cut-up catalog in them with plastic sleeves. Hopefully they will stay put in the breakrooms!Hi Lorraine... I did have 1 booking and 2 maybes from that show and I'm trying to stay positive! I did have more orders from work on Friday and that brought my show to $1037! One girl ordered a lot. Then she asked me if she got the consultant kit, did she actually have to sell! LOL My recruiter says they are called kit-nappers. 3girls.. thats a great idea with the door hangers too... when I get some extra or old catalogs, I'm in. Thanks for the all the ideas!
They are affectionately ;) known as kit-nappers if they in fact sign up and then never do anything with the business.I think a lot of people are tempted by that kit. Most people, myself included, sign up for that great deal plus whatever monthly recruiting special is going on. I was going to just do 4 shows and see what happens. Now it's been 2 years. :)Just let her know that she only needs to do a few shows to reach the goal of being a qualified consultant. In just 3-5 shows, she could reach it and then quit if she didn't like it. She'd walk away with all the kit contents, PC$, host benefits from her own show, plus a paycheck! Very worth it to try it out. ;)If she doesn't want to and just loves that she can get all those products at a cheaper price, then tell her she's the perfect person to host a show. She can get an amazing deal with her host rewards. :D

I would just get a bunch of the mini-catalogs. That way you aren't spending as much, but people are still able to take something home with them that has your information on it. If you did the binder thing, mark Free on the back pocket and put some recipe cards in it that has your info so people will be able to contact you later. You could also leave drawing slips in there to try and get their contact info.

kristina16marie said:
you could get a small binder and fill it with clear plastic sleeves. tear one catalog into individual pages & put them in the binder. (i do this at vendor tables) then on the front say "breakroom copy" or something and say "contact me at ________ to place an order or to get your own copy of the catalog". maybe that will help them from disappearing so fast and you could at least get the contact info of the people who want a full catalog.

Office supply stores like Staples, Office Max, etc can usually cut the binder off for you- so it's nice and neat. It only cost me a couple bucks when I did it. So if you were making up several- just drop them off at the Copy Center while you shop - or at least find out how much it is.

JackieB999 said:
Hi everyone... I'm new and ... I had 23 confirmed guests but only 12 came. Ok, so that's expected. I had a nice show, $710.00 in guest sales. I have 2 more girls at work that say they're going to place orders tomorrow (payday)...

Any advice? Thanks :)

Check up with those 12 confirmed guests who didn't make it - your sales will easily increase to a 1K show! Be positive, and expect them to order...
"Hi, Marsha! This is Jackie and I have my Pampered Chef hat on right now. I understand something came up and you could not come to our show last (Tuesday) but there is still time to order. Did you have some things that caught your eye?"

All great advice! I'd also have a catalog at your desk. Should anyone remark on it, you have an opportunity to tell them you started your biz and see if they'd be interested in free products....all for hosting a show. If they want to take the catalog, be sure to grab their ctc info so you can follow up.

Also, "study" your catalog during lunch in the breakroom. This offers another opportunity for everyone to learn you are now a PC consultant....and you'll be able to learn about our products for your shows.

Congrats on the grand opening!! Your off to a great start! The key is to follow up and ASK EVERYONE if they're interested in your services: The biz opportunity, the opportunity to host and stock their kitchen with our goodies, the opportunity to order or if they know someone who would be interested in the above services.

Much success!

kristina16marie said:

This is a great idea!!

I've gotten more orders and shows from leaving business cards where ever I can than catalogs. People will take your catalog and place an order with someone else they know. It's happened to me.

3girls said:
just a suggestion......one of my team mates, went around her neighborhood with old catalogs and had them in the plastic sleeves you can get on supply order and hung them on the door. she not only got a couple of orders, but had a recruit sign up the night she left them on the doors.....I wish you all the best with your new business.....on your question for right now....I would hold off a bit and maybe but the little pocket catalogs out....at $.50 a pop it will get pretty pricey out there.

I've been looking for the clear plastic sleeves on the supply order form and I can't find them. Does anyone know any other place I can buy them from?
thanks!

You can get them at wal-mart, staples, office max, etc.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
You can get them at wal-mart, staples, office max, etc.

Thank you Amy!

1. How many catalogs should I give out at a time?

The number of catalogs you give out depends on your individual sales goals and the size of your customer base. It is generally recommended to start with 20-30 catalogs and adjust as needed based on your results.

2. How often should I give out catalogs?

It is recommended to give out catalogs at least once a month to keep your customers engaged and interested in your products. You can also give out catalogs more frequently during busy sales seasons or when new products are released.

3. Can I personalize the catalogs with my contact information?

Yes, you can personalize your catalogs with your name, contact information, and even your own photo. This helps to establish a personal connection with your customers and makes it easier for them to reach out to you with any questions or orders.

4. How do I follow up after giving out catalogs?

Following up after giving out catalogs is crucial for building and maintaining relationships with your customers. You can follow up through email, phone call or text message to see if they have any questions or would like to place an order. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to encourage them to make a purchase.

5. Can I give out catalogs to people I don't know?

Yes, you can give out catalogs to people you don't know, but it is important to be respectful and not pushy. You can leave catalogs in public places like coffee shops or doctor's offices, or include them in goodie bags at events. Just make sure to include your contact information so they can reach out to you if interested.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennywardpc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
Replies