• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carrying the Catalog Tote: My Everyday Essential!

In summary, the author highly recommends the use of the catalog tote, which she uses for both her purse and as a gift bag. She has found
Cindy Arredondo
I carry my catalog tote everywhere I go. I have people approaching me left and right. I highly encourage everyone to carry this bag!!!

I use mine for my purse. I have many looks, but no bookings just yet. I encourage everyone to use the catalog tote.

Okay, that settles it, I'm going to buy one.

If anyone can sew I made a tote bag with a clear front for the catalogs. I made it out of quited fabric looks a bit like a Vera Wag so far alot of catalogs have been given out love it

I have had mine for about two weeks and as of yet nothing! But trust me I am not giving up!! I use it as my purse, so it goes everywhere with me!!

chef131doreen said:
If anyone can sew I made a tote bag with a clear front for the catalogs. I made it out of quited fabric looks a bit like a Vera Wag so far alot of catalogs have been given out love it

Can you post a picture of yours? I bought several remnants of fabric a while back and some plastic with intentions of doing just that. How did you 'finish' off the plastic? Did you add trim or ribbon to it? I'd love to see several pictures - some up-close ones and one of the entire bag. Did you put any pockets in it?

thanks!

Oh! I would love to see a picture also! I'm not a great seamstress, but I'd like to see if it is something I could fumble through.

I would love to see it to. I love our catalog tote, but it seems so big........

I agree-I would use it as a purse but I try to stay away from purses that are too big or I fill them up!

jkinak said:
I agree-I would use it as a purse but I try to stay away from purses that are too big or I fill them up!

LOL! I call mine "The Pit"!

I am struggling with mine, too! It doesn't help that my wallet is overstuffed and keeps exploding in my purse along with all the other CRAP that collects in there!! A mess!

My biggest problem is receipts!! I save them all until I have a chance to review them for a possible PC write-off! Of course, I haven't logged anything past March in P3! UGH!! A good project for New Years Day when DH is watching football alllllll daaaay looooong!

i'm bad at stopping by the po box then dumping the mail into my purse and never retrieving it unless its a bill to be paid.

I'm not sure how to post a photo ,but I cut the plastic and made a seam with the regular fabric on each side then used a trim for the bottom , the continued to make an envelope bag. I put pockets too inside
I will try to post a photo

So, I meant to post a photo but I haven't had the time to do so yet...but the best catalog totes that I have seen are on the below website. They are fabulous! You have about 40 options as far as fabric is concerned and you get to choose whether you want grosgrain ribbon or fringe. I love mine. It is in the "Madison Blue," and it has my intials in the curly font.

TRN Designs - Handbags, gifts

I've been using mine for about 8 weeks- not a single person has approached me about it- and I wear it everywhere I go. It might just be the area where I live (it's pretty rural).

here's Doreen's tote:

oops - personal info was visible...lemme work on that part....

here it is - the white blob is where I erased her personal info - it is not part of the bag.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/DoreensTote-1-1.jpg

Thanks I'll have to learn how to post pictures linda see you in Miami

Oh geez-that is really cute. I don't know that I am good enough to duplicate something like that. Any pointers from anyone on how to make it easy? I've got a sewing machine, but I'm pretty much just a craft sewer.

I have used the PC tote for quite some time and I ALWAYS get show or order leads when I am out and about. However, I wnated something more than black...

I recently had a bag custom made for me and I really like it... Fits my personality better than a plain old black tote. I love brown & pink and DOTS!!! I was able to pick out my own fabric. I did have to move the straps further apart to get over my shoulder - but I LOVE IT!! YES - it did cost me a bit more that the PC one... but it is more durable and functional... it has room for a water bottle on the outside and has six inside pockets for mini catalogs and biz cards, and ..... etc.

It really is ME

Attachments

• Gina's Bag 1.jpg
    Gina's Bag 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 384
  • Gina's bag catty view.jpg
    Gina's bag catty view.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 238
I have used the PC tote for quite some time and I ALWAYS get show or order leads when I am out and about. However, I wnated something more than black...

I recently had a bag custom made for me and I really like it... Fits my personality better than a plain old black tote. I love brown & pink and DOTS!!! I was able to pick out my own fabric. I did have to move the straps further apart to get over my shoulder - but I LOVE IT!! YES - it did cost me a bit more that the PC one... but it is more durable and functional... it has room for a water bottle on the outside and has six inside pockets for mini catalogs and biz cards, and ..... etc.

It really is ME..

Pictures posted in my album (or look at bottom of CS main page).

If you are interested in one, I am sure Melony would be glad to help you out.

Her is her Etsy website...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5684869

thanks Gina - very cute! I guess I'm going to have to get out those remnants and start sewing!

omg that is so cute !!!! I love pink and brown so much I am hoping to order one soon !!! thanks :)

Gina do you have a picture of the insides of yours? I am curious what you had her change to fit your needs. Thanks :)

Yakmama said:
I've been using mine for about 8 weeks- not a single person has approached me about it- and I wear it everywhere I go. It might just be the area where I live (it's pretty rural).

You know, I've been using mine since the day I moved back home to Ohio (on Nov 2) and not a single person has mentioned it or approached me. AND I'm in a very rural area as well. Maybe that's why.

I think I might attempt to make one of these while I am borrowing my BFs grandma's sewing machine. I use to be big into sewing, I'm not so much anymore, but would love to get my own machine so I can dabble in it some more. I love making things. We just don't have room in this house for me to have any hobbies.

PCGINA said:

It really is ME..

Pictures posted in my album (or look at bottom of CS main page).

If you are interested in one, I am sure Melony would be glad to help you out.

Her is her Etsy website...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5684869

Gina, Yours is so cute! I love it! When I get some extra cash i am going to contact her about making me one.......

pamperedlinda said:
thanks Gina - very cute! I guess I'm going to have to get out those remnants and start sewing!

You go Girl!!! If I could sew I would... I got a "D" for my Junior High sewing project... an apron :rolleyes:... so I was not going to attempt a quilted bag with plastic and pockets :eek:...

I am sure it would have become a White Elephant gift instead :D

~G

PCGINA said:
You go Girl!!! If I could sew I would... I got a "D" for my Junior High sewing project... an apron :rolleyes:... so I was not going to attempt a quilted bag with plastic and pockets :eek:...

I am sure it would have become a White Elephant gift instead :D

~G

I can sew - but I really don't like to do do it. I have to sew fairly easy stuff too or I get frustrated.

I did alot of sewing for christmas this year I could make this after looking at but I am debating on if I want to lol for christmas this year I made a sheet, pillow case & quilt for my daughters cradle and then made her matching pillow cases for her bed, made wallhanging for my son with matching pillow case and then made hubby a monopoly game, pillow case and then I made new stockings for me and hubby I did some embroidery as well I am thinking my machine went into over load mode lol But I did just order me one after thinking about all the things I made lol.

I have a girlfriend who makes purses and sells them and she is making me a catalog tote--I am bringing it to leadership. So, input? What color/features do you think I should have? She sells bags pretty reasonably and I thought if I could help her get some business that would be great--she's a pastor's daughter and has three adorable children, I'd love to help her out and she makes GREAT bags--really sturdy. So what do you think about colors and features?

I got mine from Melony at the same etsy shop. It's fantastic! I've been carrying it around for over a month and have had quite a bit of interest, and it's CUTE! I've gotten compliments on the bag, which automatically leads to a PC conversation.Her bags are very well made - no loose threads or loose seams, you can pick the fabrics and dimensions and customize it. I have outside pockets just the right size for mini catalogs, which is perfect as I hand those out like water, haha. I would highly recommend it.This is mine: Etsy :: S/O Consultant bag for Jessica

That custom-made bag is very cute, and I can sew and have patterns for various bags, but right now- that is just one more thing I do NOT have time to do. So I just ordered mine yesterday. I got the email that it has shipped- so I should have it by New Year.

I hope it works for me as well as it did for Patsy! My problem is going to be getting the right words from my Brain to actually come OUT my mouth! I tend to just smile and kind of have that "That's nice" reaction to someone saying "I love PC!". I can't get my tongue to work! :yuck::cry:

I just ordered one from Melony on Etsy, I should have it in a couple of weeks. I am going to FORCE myself to carry it everywhere on the weekends and hope to get some good contacts. I'm also going to have to work on some good replies when people comment on how much they love PC. I'm always afraid to look like some desperate, pushy consultant.

I got mine, what, a year ago or so when they FIRST came out, took it out for a few months and never got a single thing out of it so I "retired" it, until the whole thing came back w/ Patsy carrying it, so I broke it out again and I've been carrying it again for about 2 months and again, NOT A SINGLE thing has come from it...

I kind of don't like it because it's so big I can carry more junk in it, plus my family gives me all THEIR stuff to carry in it, if someone DID approach me, I'd have to go through it for 10 minutes to find my mini cattys and info! LOL

Hey Steph - what are you putting in the clear pocket? I switched from having the current catalog in the front to something with food on it. MY SED was at the Fall retreat thing with Patsy and she said that every year Patsy tells the company that food HAS to be on the cover!! She says that FOOD is what gets people's attention. so, I printed out the Homemade for the Holiday's brochure and used that during December - it did catch people's eyes. I pulled-up the CN on CC and I'll be using that when we get it - that recipe looks divine!

I too wind-up with a lot of extra stuff in that bag ..... I call it "the Pit" LOL

esavvymom said:
That custom-made bag is very cute, and I can sew and have patterns for various bags, but right now- that is just one more thing I do NOT have time to do. So I just ordered mine yesterday. I got the email that it has shipped- so I should have it by New Year.

I hope it works for me as well as it did for Patsy! My problem is going to be getting the right words from my Brain to actually come OUT my mouth! I tend to just smile and kind of have that "That's nice" reaction to someone saying "I love PC!". I can't get my tongue to work! :yuck::cry:

I usually say something like: "Really? Me too!" :) Then I followup by asking them when the last time was that they were at a PC show (if it's been a while I'll say "wow, you should see all the new products we've got now!"). Then I'll ask if they have a consultant. When they tell me no (they usually do) I hand them a recipe card and mini catalog and tell them that I'm so glad they found me! I introduce myself and point out that my info is on the mini and the recipe. I then ask if they would be interested in receiving my monthly newsletter (I alway say "I'm getting ready to mail it out in the next day or so, would you like a copy"...even if I sent it out last week ;) ) and I get their name, email address and phone number. I went to the office supply store and bought a little zip pack like what Patsy uses in the video to keep everything together.

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Steph - what are you putting in the clear pocket? I switched from having the current catalog in the front to something with food on it. MY SED was at the Fall retreat thing with Patsy and she said that every year Patsy tells the company that food HAS to be on the cover!! She says that FOOD is what gets people's attention. so, I printed out the Homemade for the Holiday's brochure and used that during December - it did catch people's eyes. I pulled-up the CN on CC and I'll be using that when we get it - that recipe looks divine!

I too wind-up with a lot of extra stuff in that bag ..... I call it "the Pit" LOL

Linda, that's a great idea, I just have the catalog in it..with the brochure being in the front, do you have the current catalog behind it?

chefsteph07 said:
Linda, that's a great idea, I just have the catalog in it..with the brochure being in the front, do you have the current catalog behind it?

yes, I carry 2 current catalogs - just in case... but I pretty much only hand out the minis

Mine has a pocket on the side that is just right for minis, and on the other side I keep a little note pad and pen to get their info. I have the catalog on the front, but I'll try something with food for the next month to see if it helps!

Hi, Linda,
I've been reading the posts about the catalog totes. I saw where some were saying that they hated to carry it as a purse because it's so big and a lightbulb went off!!! LOL
What if someone had one made like a clutch or a small purse with a clear window big enough to put a mini catalog in it?!?!? Does that sound like a stupid idea???
I like having a big purse because I always seem to have SOOOO MUCH STUFF!!! But when it comes to shopping, I like to carry something smaller because I've had trouble with my shoulders and they get to hurting after a while and I end up leaving my big purse in the car anyway!

I love the one I made it's just like the ones on that web-sit I also have an inside pockets for all of the other info stuff ( wedding, mini and recuting )pockets so I have what I need in a flat pocket on the inside . I am not going to Leadership but i may make a few and bring some summer ones to national Conference. .

Last edited:
Doreen,
Which conference wave will you be at? I think we will be in wave 3... but I'm not sure...
I would love to see yours!

I will be at wave 3 too Chris Manions July 16th

Ok, I printed off the power cooking page and put it on the front of my purse...we are going bowling tomorrow for New Years so I'll see if I get any hits..

chefsteph07 said:
Ok, I printed off the power cooking page and put it on the front of my purse...we are going bowling tomorrow for New Years so I'll see if I get any hits..

You go girl! That's the way to work it - and let us know if you get lucky ;)

pamperedlinda said:
I usually say something like: "Really? Me too!" :) Then I followup by asking them when the last time was that they were at a PC show (if it's been a while I'll say "wow, you should see all the new products we've got now!"). Then I'll ask if they have a consultant. When they tell me no (they usually do) I hand them a recipe card and mini catalog and tell them that I'm so glad they found me! I introduce myself and point out that my info is on the mini and the recipe. I then ask if they would be interested in receiving my monthly newsletter (I alway say "I'm getting ready to mail it out in the next day or so, would you like a copy"...even if I sent it out last week ;) ) and I get their name, email address and phone number. I went to the office supply store and bought a little zip pack like what Patsy uses in the video to keep everything together.

Thanks for the advice and words!! :)

back to the tote bags from the etsy site... this question if for those of you who have bought one.
what are the dimensions of the bag itself? I know that the clear pocket has to be about 9 by 12 or so to accomodate a catalog... but I was wondering about the bag itself?
Also, they do have pockets on the inside... right?
thanks,
Maria

<h2>1. What is the size of the Catalog Tote?</h2><p>The Catalog Tote measures 16 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and 12 inches in height, making it the perfect size for carrying your essential items.</p><h2>2. Can the Catalog Tote hold heavy items?</h2><p>Yes, the Catalog Tote is designed with sturdy and durable materials that can hold heavy items without tearing or breaking. We recommend not exceeding 20 pounds to ensure the longevity of the tote.</p><h2>3. Is the Catalog Tote machine washable?</h2><p>Yes, the Catalog Tote is machine washable. We recommend washing it on a gentle cycle with cold water and allowing it to air dry to maintain its quality.</p><h2>4. How many pockets does the Catalog Tote have?</h2><p>The Catalog Tote has a total of five pockets, including one large main compartment, two side pockets, one front pocket, and one back pocket. These pockets provide ample storage and organization for all your essentials.</p><h2>5. Can I personalize the Catalog Tote with my name?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization services for the Catalog Tote at this time. However, the tote's sleek design allows for easy customization with stickers or iron-on patches.</p>

1. What is the size of the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote measures 16 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and 12 inches in height, making it the perfect size for carrying your essential items.

2. Can the Catalog Tote hold heavy items?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is designed with sturdy and durable materials that can hold heavy items without tearing or breaking. We recommend not exceeding 20 pounds to ensure the longevity of the tote.

3. Is the Catalog Tote machine washable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is machine washable. We recommend washing it on a gentle cycle with cold water and allowing it to air dry to maintain its quality.

4. How many pockets does the Catalog Tote have?

The Catalog Tote has a total of five pockets, including one large main compartment, two side pockets, one front pocket, and one back pocket. These pockets provide ample storage and organization for all your essentials.

5. Can I personalize the Catalog Tote with my name?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization services for the Catalog Tote at this time. However, the tote's sleek design allows for easy customization with stickers or iron-on patches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Maragib
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefRiGuy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies