• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carrying the Catalog Tote: My Everyday Essential!

In summary, the author highly recommends the use of the catalog tote, which she uses for both her purse and as a gift bag. She has found
I got my tote a week or so ago. I carried it yesterday for the first time to my WW meeting. I groaned when I pulled in remembering that it was the first meeting since "New Year's Resolution" season started. :D That always meant a line! But now I'm happy about those lines!! I was waiting to weigh-in, and had a lady behind me spot my tote. She asked if I sold PC, I smiled real big and said yes! (I'm usually very tongue tied but I tried to focus and remember things you all told me on here!) I asked her something- and now I can't remember what it was! But I do remember giving her a recipe card, and then pulling out a catalog. The lady behind HER saw this going on and said "Oh, I want one of those too!". So I gave her one. Both catalogs had a post-it note on it so I could ask them for their name/phone/email so that I could contact them later. I briefly told them about our January Host special going on and neither of them shot-me down! Both are PC product owners and had things that need replacing. They shared a few stories (DH melted a spatula or something, DS used a knife to cut tree limbs, stuff like that :) ). We just chatted friendly for the few minutes, and then I said I'd email them more info on the January/February specials. I said I would be in touch later this week to talk to them more about our specials for earning great FREE products. I kept reiterating the "free stuff" part. :)

I was so excited! I'm really struggling getting my calendar started, so this was a boost. Now to capitalize on it!

I have a "Cut your grocery bill in half" workshop this weekend...and you can BET I'll have PC shirt on and my tote as obvious as I can be!

chefsteph07 said:
Ok, I printed off the power cooking page and put it on the front of my purse...we are going bowling tomorrow for New Years so I'll see if I get any hits..

Did you wear it over your shoulder as you rolled the ball down the lane?? Now, that would've drawn some attention!!!! How'd it go? Any bites that night?

chef131doreen said:
I will be at wave 3 too Chris Manions July 16th

I am under Chris Manions, too! Crazy, huh? I am in AZ and you are in CT!

I have the ribbon bag, the diaper bag, and then a tote that I got made from Belladonna with a window for my catalog.

I seem to get the most bookings and orders from my ribbon bag.

I just ordered my custom catalog tote from Melony. I am so excited about the fabric I chose and she is also making a little zippered makeup bag to match and putting a magnet/snap closure on the tote itself!!!! I cannot wait to see it!:love:

Get_Pampered said:
I just ordered my custom catalog tote from Melony. I am so excited about the fabric I chose and she is also making a little zippered makeup bag to match and putting a magnet/snap closure on the tote itself!!!! I cannot wait to see it!:love:

I finally bit the bullet and ordered my tote bag from Melony!!!

chef131doreen said:
I will be at wave 3 too Chris Manions July 16th

I'm in Wave 3 too!!!

I have been carrying my tote around with me for about 2 weeks and so far, not a single person has approached me. I do hope that it will draw some attention soon!

ChefDaynaDos said:
I have been carrying my tote around with me for about 2 weeks and so far, not a single person has approached me. I do hope that it will draw some attention soon!

I've had good luck with mine! Once a year (the first weekend in October) we have a 60-mile (or so... I don't remember how long!) yard sale that I love to go on. Last year I used my catalog tote and wore my PC t-shirt. I sold an apple/peeler/corer/slicer and I booked a party.

Last month I used it when I went to have my mamogram and booked a party.

I get attention by using it... I just don't like it for a purse because it just seems like everything gets jumbled up in the bottom of it!

caraighan said:
I get attention by using it... I just don't like it for a purse because it just seems like everything gets jumbled up in the bottom of it!

I use my all the time now...and I have one child still in diapers and use it as a diaper bag also. I agree..they need to make one with dividers or something. I lose things all the time.

I have found that you not just have to carry it but show it. I make sure that if I need to get something out of it at the register that the catalog part is facing the cashier. I got an order for a DCB at my dentist office. It works but you have to keep it up and don't give it up.

I just got mine and used it for the very first time this past weekend. My husband and I stopped to eat lunch on Saturday and our waiter asked me for a business card. His wife just loves Pampered Chef and he thought she might be interested in a show!!! I gave him a card and a mini catalog. Hopefully she will call. I should have thought to ask for her number. I keep a pack of drawing slips with me just in case, and totally forgot about it cuz I was STARVING and only thinking about my own belly!!! :( :(

caraighan said:
I've had good luck with mine! Once a year (the first weekend in October) we have a 60-mile (or so... I don't remember how long!) yard sale that I love to go on. Last year I used my catalog tote and wore my PC t-shirt. I sold an apple/peeler/corer/slicer and I booked a party.

Last month I used it when I went to have my mamogram and booked a party.

That's great! I haven't been carrying it around for too long, so I am still hopeful. I know people like Pampered Chef around here. I just hope I get a few shows booked from it as well!

My recruit actually recruited her recruit because of her Catalog Tote Bag!

I have a few catalog totes from http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5684869, and I love them.:) They are great. I had one made for Breast Cancer Awareness, a summer bag and a spring bag. I love them all.

If you are interested let her know I sent you. She is easy to work with and will make any special order you may want.:thumbup:

Just a note- be prepared with your response (or a couple) for when someone asks you "Do you sell Pampered Chef?". I was at Target last week with my DH and boys checking out. I plopped my tote on the little shelf to dig for my wallet. I did it a little "in-your-face" by accident, and it threw me when I saw the cashier's face...I didn't mean for it to appear so obvious- I was just getting my wallet- not even thinking PC. But she said "Do you sell [PC]?" I smiled and said "yes I do". now, normally, I have a line or two that I pull to start the conversation...but my mind went blank!! :eek:
All I remember thinking was "My DH is standing there waiting for me to say something!" I don't perform well under pressure, can you tell?! He's so black-and-white and EXTROVERT!

The lady asked me if I had a business card, and I said "yes of course...let me get that for you". I paid her, then got my card and a mini-catalog. I would have gotten her information for follow-up, but there was a line behind us, and I (a) was still a little flustered by my response or lack there of and knew I'd hear the razzing from my DH, and (b) I really didn't want ot get her in trouble at work. *sigh*

My husband gave me cr*p all the way through the parking lot. He said "Why didn't you say something! I was about to say something myself! You've got to open your mouth!" He just doesn't understand...he's never been an introvert a day in his life!! I've suffered for 35 years! :eek:

So have your responses ready- because you will need them when you are asked when you least suspect it!

tlag1986 said:
I have a few catalog totes from http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5684869, and I love them.:) They are great. I had one made for Breast Cancer Awareness, a summer bag and a spring bag. I love them all.

If you are interested let her know I sent you. She is easy to work with and will make any special order you may want.:thumbup:

I just checked out those bags- they're awesome. I love my catalog tote,but I really love some color and maybe some better pockets.

I have had success w/ my tote, and it's exciting when people notice- especially when you're not thinking 'Pampered Chef' all the time.

My catalog tote worked to my advantage for the first time tonight! I went to the salon and got my hair cut and dyed, and right away the ladies started asking about PC. I handed out a ton of business cards, and the lady that did my hair is going to book a show for April! woohoo! I'm so excited!

I also got home to an online order, and I talked to my host for tomorrow night, and she already has $200 in outside orders! woohoo! This is turning into a pretty good week!

niclowther said:
I just checked out those bags- they're awesome. I love my catalog tote,but I really love some color and maybe some better pockets. I have had success w/ my tote, and it's exciting when people notice- especially when you're not thinking 'Pampered Chef' all the time.
I use a bag from Meldesigns too! they are awesome and she added a couple of custom things for me... I asked for a snap close and she added it with no issues...now it looks like she is doing it for a lot of them... she is wonderful!! you can check it out here...
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13160269I would suggest going for it and getting one if you can...

Last edited:
tlag1986 said:

Can you take a picture of your bags & post them? I'm interested to see the Cancer one for sure.

I just ordered a custom one from her...Thanks Lisa for the link. I can't wait to see the final product! I really liked the one she made for Vicki- that was the inspiration behind mine. You can check out others she has made under her feedback section.

I think everyone needs a catalog tote- whether hand made or from PC. I've gotten a lot of response from my PC one. You carry a purse around anyway- why not promote your business everywhere you go w/o even opening your mouth?!

kaseydee said:
Can you take a picture of your bags & post them? I'm interested to see the Cancer one for sure.

Kasey here are the last three I bought. My Breast Cancer Awareness one is the one I am using now. I love them. She even put zippers on mine.

I still haven't gotten anyone to approach me from my catalog tote. I carry it everywhere I go, even to the convenience store. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :/

ChefDaynaDos said:
I still haven't gotten anyone to approach me from my catalog tote. I carry it everywhere I go, even to the convenience store. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :/

Well, you do have to make sure that the catalog side is facing out!:D:p

(okay - I'm saying that because there have been MANY times when I wasn't paying attention, and then I would wonder why no one had commented, only to realize that I had the catalog side facing my armpit.:eek:)

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, you do have to make sure that the catalog side is facing out!:D:p

(okay - I'm saying that because there have been MANY times when I wasn't paying attention, and then I would wonder why no one had commented, only to realize that I had the catalog side facing my armpit.:eek:)

Haha! Actually, I do always make sure it is facing out. I double check that for sure. I dunno, maybe I just look unapproachable, but I smile at everyone that makes eye contact at me. I even have a button pinned on my bag that says "Ask me about The Pampered Chef"

ChefDaynaDos said:
Haha! Actually, I do always make sure it is facing out. I double check that for sure. I dunno, maybe I just look unapproachable, but I smile at everyone that makes eye contact at me. I even have a button pinned on my bag that says "Ask me about The Pampered Chef"

When I have to pay someplace, I lay my Tote right on the counter facing the clerk. Several times I've made contacts that way, when they say "So, what's new with The Pampered Chef?"

ChefBeckyD said:
When I have to pay someplace, I lay my Tote right on the counter facing the clerk. Several times I've made contacts that way, when they say "So, what's new with The Pampered Chef?"

That's great!

It does help if you don't have your "I'm on a mission" face on while running errands. :) There are times when I'm in a hurry and don't want to talk to anyone in the store - that's when I leave the catalog tote in the car. I'd rather miss out on a potential contact than give a negative impression.

:chef:I don't have the tote but I have been using the "market bags" with the PC logo and no nibbles yet but thinking about getting the tote...:thumbup:

I had a comment on my tote just a few hours ago. Highly recommend it.

I have many people look. I went to a women's night at my SIL's church Sat. and a lady almost fell over due to turning her head sideways to read my bag. I have the new recruiting flyer printed out and in my view pocket on my bag. I couldn't help but giggle inside of course. She took some information, but was not very interested. I told her to give the information to someone she thought could use it or may want it.

chef131doreen said:
If anyone can sew I made a tote bag with a clear front for the catalogs. I made it out of quited fabric looks a bit like a Vera Wag so far alot of catalogs have been given out love it

I dream of day I will be able to sew....in the meantime, I harass the skilled! :D

Any chance you'd be willing to make and sell one for me? Could be the start of a new second income! lol

Just remember....I get mine first! :D

I dropped my son off at his choir practice at church on Wednesday evening. I was going to head to the grocery store across the street while waiting on him, so I was sitting in my car making my grocery list (was also going through my 29-min Vol 2 book for recipe ideas). As I sat there working, the lady in front of me got in her car and discovered it was dead. I heard the familiar "click" sound. So I pulled forward and was next to her, and asked if she needed a jump-start. She went inside to get her husband (I'm the independent type - I could have done it, but I wasn't sure where her car was supposed to get the cable grounded. I know on mine- i have a specific spot according ot the manual....I know because I did it on my van 3 weeks ago!).

So, her DH and I got the car jumped (he by the way just hooked all the cables up- no order (as written on every cable set I have!)...I just stood back..JUST in case.), then she came out. She stuck her head in my window and of course my catalog tote had been sitting on the seat the whole time- catalog up of course. :D She asked for my business card and said she needed a pizza cutter (Why does everyone always want a pizza cutter?? :rolleyes:) So, one thing led to another and I asked her if she'd ever thought about hosting a show. She said she just might do that! I got her contact info, then gave her my card/mini-cat. I'm going to call her this weekend to follow up. She was going to check with friends and a class that she is in! :thumbup: Glad I had my tote on the seat (I wasn't driving my van with my signs on it).

navywife1099 said:
:chef:I don't have the tote but I have been using the "market bags" with the PC logo and no nibbles yet but thinking about getting the tote...:thumbup:

GET THE TOTE!!! You know you want it!!!

We miss you out here!!!!!!!!!! :)

Did you see? Our conference tote this year will have a catalog window!

Just saw that this morning...pretty cool!

lmradlein said:
Okay, my tote is on the way!!!! I can't wait to get it here is a picture of mine!
Etsy :: Custom catalog bag for LEIgH

I had an inside zipper added to mine. I can't wait to get it!!!:D:D:D:D:D

This is the cutest thing I've seen! I may just have to order one myself!!

NooraK said:
Did you see? Our conference tote this year will have a catalog window!

Yes I did see it. I just like a bag with some personalty and pockets! The catalog tote that I carry now has no pockets and it drives me nuts! So the one I has made as MANY pockets and a zipper inside. I :love: to be organized!!

I just received mine from Etsy.com!! It's sooooooooooooo cute and so much better than the other one I had!!

Do we get the tote just for going to conference? This is my 1st time I'm soooo excited!!

Yes, we get a tote at registration. So you don't need to pack one.

Bummed ... mine is looking a bit ratty and I am not going to conference ... I'm sure it will turn up soon in the marketplace with a big price tag ...

I am the kind of person who likes immediate results, so I was so frustrated after a year or more of carrying the tote as a purse. It was so heavy that I tended to leave it in the car! Also, though I do take it to work meetings, I've gotten in the habit of turning the catalog part towards me ... and one of the council people I saw this weekend at a fair didn't know I sold it!

So ... guess what? My May party and my July party BOTH came from carrying the tote!

The May host stopped me in February and said she had been looking for a consultant. She ended up having a $250 show!

The July person saw me at a clothing store where she works. My friend was going there and I was her ride ... I ALMOST left the tote in the car!

BOTH of these women live in the area where I have lived all my life! And only one of them saw me at a store in that area!

If it wasn't for street fairs and the catalog tote, I would be out of business.

Linda, Great ideas. What video are you referring to? I haven't had much success with mine either but I'm willing to keep trying.

Judy

I ordered a catalog tote from Etsy last night. She is so sweet and helpful. I am excited and can't wait until mine is finished.

It is cute but a bit pricy for me.

PCMomto4 said:
It is cute but a bit pricy for me.

Granted, it is a little high; however, it is a tax write off and hopefully it will generate revenue. It is a perfect solution for me because I really liked the idea of the catalog tote but I didn't like using it as purse because everything got all mixed and messed up in the bottom. I also really liked using the HWC tote bag because it held everything together very well but didn't have the window for the catalog. The tote from etsy has the features of both so I know I will love being able to organize and promote at the same time.

<h2>1. What is the size of the Catalog Tote?</h2><p>The Catalog Tote measures 16 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and 12 inches in height, making it the perfect size for carrying your essential items.</p><h2>2. Can the Catalog Tote hold heavy items?</h2><p>Yes, the Catalog Tote is designed with sturdy and durable materials that can hold heavy items without tearing or breaking. We recommend not exceeding 20 pounds to ensure the longevity of the tote.</p><h2>3. Is the Catalog Tote machine washable?</h2><p>Yes, the Catalog Tote is machine washable. We recommend washing it on a gentle cycle with cold water and allowing it to air dry to maintain its quality.</p><h2>4. How many pockets does the Catalog Tote have?</h2><p>The Catalog Tote has a total of five pockets, including one large main compartment, two side pockets, one front pocket, and one back pocket. These pockets provide ample storage and organization for all your essentials.</p><h2>5. Can I personalize the Catalog Tote with my name?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization services for the Catalog Tote at this time. However, the tote's sleek design allows for easy customization with stickers or iron-on patches.</p>

1. What is the size of the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote measures 16 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and 12 inches in height, making it the perfect size for carrying your essential items.

2. Can the Catalog Tote hold heavy items?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is designed with sturdy and durable materials that can hold heavy items without tearing or breaking. We recommend not exceeding 20 pounds to ensure the longevity of the tote.

3. Is the Catalog Tote machine washable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is machine washable. We recommend washing it on a gentle cycle with cold water and allowing it to air dry to maintain its quality.

4. How many pockets does the Catalog Tote have?

The Catalog Tote has a total of five pockets, including one large main compartment, two side pockets, one front pocket, and one back pocket. These pockets provide ample storage and organization for all your essentials.

5. Can I personalize the Catalog Tote with my name?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization services for the Catalog Tote at this time. However, the tote's sleek design allows for easy customization with stickers or iron-on patches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Maragib
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefRiGuy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies