• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Politics Can Love Help Bridge Political Divides? From 52 to 48

In summary, the website "from52to48withlove" is a forum for people to come together after the divisive presidential election. It is intended to be a place of love and peace, and the majority of the content is about how to move forward as a country. However, some of the content is about political disagreements, and this makes the website divisive.
I think this is the best political thread I have ever read!!!:chef:

Thank you for sharing this...this is what our country IS all about!

WOW. This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much!:love:

Thanks for posting this. How cool!

Okay...I have paid as little attention as I had to to the politics going on. What is the 52 & 48 they are talking about?

Jane - It is the percentages of the population...the 52 that voted for Obama to the 48 for McCain...

Last edited:
Ohhh...I see said the blind woman! I just didn't even want to know about the election after Obama won. I do pray for the man though! That's the important thing!

janetupnorth said:
Jane - It is the percentages of the population...the 52 that voted for Obama to the 48 for Bush...

Umm, I voted for McCain.:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Umm, I voted for McCain.:D

Ugh, going to fix that...blonde moment.

Probably because everyone keeps comparing to Bush...guess it worked!

janetupnorth said:
Ugh, going to fix that...blonde moment.

Probably because everyone keeps comparing to Bush...guess it worked!

Yeah - because you are soooo blonde!:rolleyes::p

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - because you are soooo blonde!:rolleyes::p

I was blonde when I was 5! I guess now I have to blame it on the gray.

Too funny, Janet! Isn't it funny when we slip like that.... my favorite part of one of the debates was when McCain told Obama that he wasn't Bush and if he wanted to run against Bush, he should have ran 4 years ago!:D
Not stiring up trouble here, I just thought it was a good comeback. ;)

I'm disappointed. I haven't participated in any of the political threads but posted this to point to the connections we have as a country rather than the divisions, and it really feels like it goes against the spirit of the thread to start talk about the zingers and comebacks one candidate made to put the other down.

The topic in church yesterday was "Now What". Now that the election is over, after so many put so much into it, how do we redirect that energy to continue to do good work for the country? We ALL love our country, Democrats and Republicans, Obama and McCain supporters, and we need to work together to bridge the divide and make this a great nation.

Cathy clearly said that she wasn't being divisive and starting something, just thought it was a good comeback/statement. After clearly stating that to focus on it is more divisive than the fact it was said. I didn't take ANYTHING out of Cathy's statement and if you watched the debates Obama didn't either. They went back and forth in the spirit of campaigning and now it is over for them.If you want to argue semantics, posting a thread "from the 52 to the 48" is divisive by pointing out the separation.In my opinion we should just let all of this die and focus on how we make money in this economy. I wasn't going to post at all on this thread until Jane asked a valid question. Then of course in a blonde/gray moment I goofed and if you know me at all, that doesn't happen all that often so Becky couldn't resist picking on me.So, in conclusion, nothing was meant by it, let's move on...

Did you look at the website? I don't see how it could possibly be construed as divisive! The entire POINT of the website is to come together as a country after a difficult election, and you'll see that the photos are equally "from 48 to 52" with love.

The campaigning is over, and that is why I posted this in the first place, so that we can work together to make our nation whole and appreciate the people who are on the other side of the voting divide, not to cut one another (or one another's candidate) down.

koima said:
Did you look at the website? I don't see how it could possibly be construed as divisive! The entire POINT of the website is to come together as a country after a difficult election, and you'll see that the photos are equally "from 48 to 52" with love. The campaigning is over, and that is why I posted this in the first place, so that we can work together to make our nation whole and appreciate the people who are on the other side of the voting divide, not to cut one another (or one another's candidate) down.
Yes, I did, I viewed the whole thing. I didn't say the website was...the title is. I also read all the history of why they started it, etc.You're newer here, most of us aren't. With the history of the last few months of threads, I can say that I feel the best way to come together is to let it go. I know you meant well, I wasn't attacking you except you read something into Cathy's comment that wasn't there.Back to business.

Last edited:
Can we just knock this off?
It was a nice website, let's leave it at that..geez people...

I thought the web link was a really nice, healing kind of thing and I felt like maybe we'll be over all this division faster than I had thought. Then I sent the link to my son who is of the same mind as many of the McCain supporters here. He was not at all impressed or touched by it and I noticed people here weren't either - only Obama supporters thought it was a good site.

I think they aren't ready and maybe they never will be. It's a nice try though. I pray for this country and everyone on both side. Time will heal (hopefully) and hopefully things will be better than they think.

Last edited:
I loved it! Thanks for posting. I sent it to my mom, who I know will really appriciate it too!

Related to Can Love Help Bridge Political Divides? From 52 to 48

1. What is "From 52 to 48 With Love"?

"From 52 to 48 With Love" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features 52 healthy and delicious recipes that are perfect for busy families. It also includes tips and tricks for meal planning and organization to help make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

2. Are the recipes in "From 52 to 48 With Love" easy to make?

Yes, all of the recipes in "From 52 to 48 With Love" are designed to be simple and easy to make. They are perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "From 52 to 48 With Love" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in "From 52 to 48 With Love" are common pantry staples that can be found in most grocery stores. They are also budget-friendly, so you won't have to spend a lot of money on specialty ingredients.

4. Can I make substitutions in the recipes from "From 52 to 48 With Love"?

Of course! We understand that everyone has different dietary needs and preferences, so feel free to make substitutions in the recipes from "From 52 to 48 With Love" to fit your taste. We also provide suggestions for substitutions in the cookbook.

5. Is "From 52 to 48 With Love" suitable for beginner cooks?

Absolutely! The recipes in "From 52 to 48 With Love" are written with clear instructions and include helpful tips for beginner cooks. We believe that everyone can cook delicious and healthy meals, and this cookbook is a great place to start.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
Replies