• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Children's Memorial Day

In summary, my employee lost her son to a brain tumor at age 11. He would have been 12 on December 7th.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
My best friend from high school lost a baby boy in September (he was about a month old) and she sent this to me. I thought I would pass it along.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 is National Children's Memorial Day.

This is a day when bereaved families around the world light a candle at 7pm in each time zone to remember children who died.

Many MISS Foundation chapters are holding NCMD ceremonies.

For example, the National Chapter in Phoenix, Arizona will be holding its service on Sunday, December 9th at 6:30 pm at Unity Church 1600 E Greenway.

Other chapters will be holding services in their cities.

To find a group near you, please visit:
http://missfoundation.org/group/index.html

If you are looking for support and have lost a child to death at any age and from any cause, we also have 27 online support groups in the 'forums', with thousands of active members. You may join the forums here:
Board Message

And please, remember the MISS Foundation in your memorial holiday giving this year. If you are able, please send a tax-deductible donation in memory of your child or a child you love to: MISS Foundation, PO Box 5333, Peoria, Az 85385. We rely solely on donations from individuals to keep our wonderful programs active.

You can shop for the holidays in our online store where all the proceeds benefit our family services programs:
http://missfoundation.org/miss_shop/index.html

Beautiful Rassouli art is a wonderful gift:
http://missfoundation.org/miss_shop/rassouli/index.html

And we have beautiful memorial jewelry including the Sacred Hearts MISS Foundation logo necklace:
http://missfoundation.org/miss_shop/pins.html

Please join us on December 9 in lighting a candle to remember and honor all the children who died before their time.

We hold them close in our hearts every moment of every day.

'That which is loved lives forever in our hearts.' Helen Keller

For all our children,
Dr. Joanne Cacciatore
CEO and Founder
MISS Foundation

I have an employee who's son was 11 and he passed away Dec. 6, 2006...hw would have been 12 on December 7th. He had a brain tumor that was discovered far too late. It's not the same as a still born, but it weighs just as heavy on the heart. I am so proud of how strong she has been.

I doubt it makes much difference to the parent how old the child is. I can't even begin to imagine. :(

What is National Children's Memorial Day?

National Children's Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for children who have passed away. It is observed on the second Sunday of December each year.

When is National Children's Memorial Day?

National Children's Memorial Day is observed on the second Sunday of December each year.

How is National Children's Memorial Day observed?

National Children's Memorial Day is observed by lighting candles in memory of lost children and participating in memorial services or ceremonies. It is also a day to support and comfort grieving families.

Who started National Children's Memorial Day?

National Children's Memorial Day was started by a group of parents in 1997 who wanted to create a day of remembrance for children who have passed away.

Is National Children's Memorial Day a national holiday?

No, National Children's Memorial Day is not a national holiday in the United States. However, many states and local communities have recognized it as an important day of remembrance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mylilchunkymonkey
  • General Chat
Replies