• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Dad: A Memory Bag of Stones for Father's Day

In summary, the conversation is about someone who is facing their first Father's Day without their Pop-pop and is asking for prayers to celebrate her husband, who is a father to three children. The person also shares a helpful idea for coping with the loss of a parent and offers condolences to others who are also facing a difficult Father's Day.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. It will be the first Father's Day without my Pop-pop. He raised my mom and uncle and then raised myself and brother and sister as well. He was an awesome man. I am thankful to have a wonderful husband who is a father to three wonderful children. Please pray that I would celebrate him and not dwell on what I am missing to the extent that it brings the rest of the family down.

The reason for my post is I came across a neat idea and thought I would share it for anyone else that may go through losing someone dear to them. Please see the link below.

Simple memories can help through first Father's Day without Dad - AnnArbor.com

Here is the excerpt:
The grief counselor gave each person in our group a “memory bag,” a silky pouch tied with ribbon that fit in the palms of our hands. Inside were three small stones: one smooth, one rough and one gemstone. We were encouraged to hold each stone and remember our parent who had died.

As we held the smooth stone, we remembered something sweet about our relationship with our parent, something that made us feel good.
As we held the rough stone, we were encouraged not to forget there are rough spots in any parent-child relationship.
The gemstone helped us remember something we really valued about our parent.

I found his little bag of stones a useful tool for learning how to remember Dad with less sadness. I encourage any other grieving daughters or sons to gather three stones and try this for yourselves.

Praying for you, and asking that you find comfort with the happy memories that you have of your Pop-Pop. May you be able to help your children honor your husband for the great dad he is!

I'm so sorry. I have several friends who are facing their first or second Father's Day without their daddies. My heart is with you.

((hugs)) to you on this difficult day.

I am so sorry for your loss and the difficult time you are going through. It sounds like your Pop-pop was an amazing man and a wonderful father figure in your life. I can only imagine how much you will miss him on this first Father's Day without him. But I am also glad to hear that you have a supportive and loving husband who is a great father to your children. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers, that you may find joy in celebrating your husband and the memories of your Pop-pop.Thank you for sharing the link to the memory bag idea. It sounds like a beautiful and meaningful way to honor and remember our loved ones who have passed. I will definitely keep this in mind for anyone else who may be going through a similar experience.Take care and know that you are not alone in your grief. We are all here to support and uplift each other.Sincerely,

1. How does the memory bag of stones work?

The memory bag of stones is a special way to honor and remember your dad on Father's Day. The bag contains five stones, each with a different word engraved on it, representing different memories or qualities of your dad. As you hold each stone, you can reflect on your memories and feelings associated with that word.

2. Can I personalize the stones with my own words?

At this time, the stones come pre-engraved with the words: love, strength, wisdom, guidance, and memories. However, you can add your own personal touch by writing a note or message on the included tag and placing it inside the bag with the stones.

3. Is the memory bag of stones only for Father's Day?

While the memory bag of stones is designed with Father's Day in mind, it can be used to remember and honor any loved one who has passed away. The stones and bag can be kept as a keepsake and used to reflect on your memories and feelings at any time.

4. Can the memory bag of stones be used as a gift for someone else?

Yes, the memory bag of stones can be a thoughtful and meaningful gift for someone who has lost their father or another important father figure in their life. It can also be a comforting and healing tool for anyone who is grieving the loss of a loved one.

5. Are the stones made of real stones or a synthetic material?

The stones in the memory bag are made of a high-quality synthetic material that is durable and long-lasting. They are designed to have the look and weight of real stones, but they are lighter and easier to carry in the memory bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • tlag1986