• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is National Wear Red Day and How Can I Help?

In summary, "Wear Red Day" is a national campaign observed on the first Friday of February to raise awareness and support for heart disease and stroke prevention. Participating in this day helps show support for those affected by heart disease and reminds us to take care of our own hearts. Ways to participate include wearing red clothing or accessories, decorating with red, and supporting heart health organizations. Even if you don't have red clothing, you can still participate with a red ribbon or accessory. Pampered Chef also offers special products and promotions for "Wear Red Day" with proceeds going towards heart health organizations.
poohritz
Gold Member
National Wear Red Day
Friday, Feb. 1
Working at a health insurance company this is a good thing to get out to the public

this is from the website http://www.goredforwomen.org/national_wear_red_day.aspx

Join with thousands of women, companies and organizations and cities across America on National Wear Red Day, Friday, February 1, 2008. By wearing red and making a donation, you'll help the American Heart Association support ongoing research and education about women and heart disease. As always, another way to join the celebration is to Shop Go Red by selecting Go Red apparel, accessories and more, available from our sponsors!
Making it Grate in 2008

I fully support the AHA in spirit, but I don't have time to keep track of what colors to wear or not to wear to support a cause. I wear what is clean, comfortable and practical each day. I also would rather give a direct donation that buy a red shirt - another gimick to me...Anyway, off my soapbox today...I am glad they are making women aware of heart-related issues!!!!...and that is from a CPR/First-Aid instructor and the EMT in me (will a family history of heart trouble).Women tend to brush off the symptoms and they are different then men, usually are more of an "ill" feeling overall rather than heart pain or pressure and they often miss the cues of a heart attack.

In the midwest, yesterday was wear red day.Wisconsin played Indiana - both are red. :D(Wisconsin won, BTW.)

1. What is "Wear Red Day"?

"Wear Red Day" is a national campaign that aims to raise awareness and support for heart disease and stroke prevention. It is usually observed on the first Friday of February.

2. Why is it important to participate in "Wear Red Day"?

Participating in "Wear Red Day" shows support for those who have been affected by heart disease and stroke, and helps raise awareness about the importance of heart health. It also serves as a reminder to take care of our own hearts and make healthy lifestyle choices.

3. How can I participate in "Wear Red Day"?

There are many ways to participate in "Wear Red Day", such as wearing red clothing or accessories, decorating your office or home with red, or organizing a fundraiser or donation drive for heart health organizations. You can also show your support on social media using the hashtag #WearRedDay.

4. Can I still participate in "Wear Red Day" if I don't have any red clothing?

Yes, you can still participate in "Wear Red Day" by wearing a red ribbon, pin, or other accessory. You can also show your support by using red decorations or accessories in your home or workplace.

5. Does Pampered Chef have any special products or promotions for "Wear Red Day"?

Yes, every year Pampered Chef creates special products and promotions for "Wear Red Day", with a portion of the proceeds going towards heart health organizations. Keep an eye out for these products and promotions on our website and social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates