• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Missing Someone" Resource for Children

In summary, it is important to acknowledge and validate your child's feelings when they are missing someone. You can also suggest activities to help distract them and offer a listening ear. It is normal for children to experience physical symptoms when missing someone, and you can explain to them why they are feeling sad. Encourage your child to keep the memory of the person they are missing alive through creating a memory box, writing letters, or dedicating a special place. If your child's feelings significantly impact their daily life, it may be beneficial to seek professional help from a therapist or support group.
nikked
Gold Member
I got this website from our "Hearts Apart" group on base. I thought it was a wonderful idea, and a very needed one! Thought I would share it for those of you with children missing someone!

http://daddydolls.com/index.php

I love it when someone experiences a need, and creates something wonderful out of that need. I also like that they have donation program for those who can't afford it.

How neat... makes me think of Paige and her kids...

Those are SO cute!! Thank you for sharing!!!!:D

1. How can I help my child cope with missing someone?

It's important to acknowledge your child's feelings and validate them. Encourage them to express their emotions and offer a listening ear. You can also suggest activities that may help distract them, such as drawing, writing, or talking about their memories with the person they are missing.

2. Is it normal for my child to feel physical symptoms when missing someone?

Yes, it is normal for children to experience physical symptoms such as stomachaches, headaches, or trouble sleeping when they are missing someone. These physical symptoms are a manifestation of their emotional distress and will subside with time and support.

3. How can I explain to my child why they are feeling sad when missing someone?

You can explain to your child that it's natural to feel sad when they miss someone they love. Let them know that it's a way of showing how much they care and that it's a normal part of the grieving process. Assure them that these feelings will pass and that they can always talk to you about them.

4. What are some ways to keep the memory of the person my child is missing alive?

Encourage your child to create a memory box with photos, objects, and mementos that remind them of the person they are missing. They can also write letters to them or draw pictures to express their feelings. Another idea is to plant a tree or dedicate a special place in your home in honor of the person they are missing.

5. When should I seek professional help for my child's feelings of missing someone?

If your child's feelings of missing someone are significantly impacting their daily life and activities, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. This could include speaking to a therapist or counselor who specializes in grief and loss, or seeking support from a support group or community organization. Trust your instincts and don't hesitate to seek help if you feel your child needs it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies