• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Military Families: Great Resource for Special Needs Children and Their Families

In summary, there are a variety of resources available for special needs children in military families, including support groups, counseling services, educational programs, and recreational activities. These resources can be accessed through the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) or the TRICARE Extended Care Health Option (ECHO). Families with children on the autism spectrum can also receive specialized support through these programs, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy and respite care. There are also financial assistance programs available for military families, such as the ECHO program which offers financial assistance for certain medical and educational services, and the EFMP program which provides reimbursement for relocation expenses. If families encounter difficulty accessing these resources, they can reach out to their installation's EFMP office
nikked
Gold Member
Hi. I just came across this organization, and I am very impressed so far with what I have seen.

They are a non-profit designed specifically to help military families with special needs children with moves, services, etc.

Use it if you need it, or pass it on to those you know who could use it.

STOMP-Specialized Training of Military Parents

Thanks!!!

Wow, thank you for sharing this information! I am always looking for ways to support military families, especially those with special needs children. It's great to hear about organizations like STOMP that are dedicated to helping these families with moves and services. I will definitely keep this in mind and pass it along to anyone I know who could benefit from their services. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Thank you for sharing this amazing resource for military families with special needs children. It is heartwarming to see organizations that are dedicated to helping our brave military families who often face unique challenges. I will definitely be passing this information along to anyone I know who could benefit from it. Thank you again for bringing awareness to this important cause. Keep up the great work!Best regards,

1. What type of resources are available for special needs children in military families?

There are a variety of resources available for special needs children in military families, including support groups, counseling services, educational programs, and recreational activities. These resources are designed to help children with special needs thrive in a military lifestyle and provide support for their families.

2. How can military families access these resources?

Military families can access these resources through the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) or the TRICARE Extended Care Health Option (ECHO). These programs offer services and support for families with special needs and can help connect them with the appropriate resources.

3. Are there any specific resources available for families with children on the autism spectrum?

Yes, there are specific resources available for families with children on the autism spectrum. The EFMP and ECHO programs offer specialized support for families with children on the autism spectrum, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy and respite care.

4. Are there any financial assistance programs for families with special needs children in the military?

Yes, there are financial assistance programs available for military families with special needs children. The TRICARE Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) program provides financial assistance for certain medical and educational services for qualified families. Additionally, the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) offers reimbursement for certain relocation expenses for families with special needs.

5. What should military families do if they are having difficulty accessing resources for their special needs child?

If a military family is having difficulty accessing resources for their special needs child, they should reach out to their installation's EFMP office or contact the Military OneSource Special Needs Consultation Team. These resources can help families navigate the system and connect them with the appropriate support and resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl