• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids

In summary, the conversation centered around a program that helps with scheduling and communication for children with special needs, particularly those with Autism. The program offers a free 30-day trial and is easy to use. It was recommended by someone who works with infants and toddlers with special needs, and another person shared their experience using a similar program on an itouch. The conversation also mentioned using picture-based communication systems and other resources like Boardmaker and the PEC system. Overall, the participants expressed gratitude for the shared information and the potential benefits for families with children with special needs.
nikked
Gold Member
Hello, all. For those of you who are unaware, we are facing an Autism diagnosis for our 5 year old, Caroline.

She is verbal, but struggles with expressive/receptive language. Couple that with having a 3 year old, and we need some help with scheduling!

In the therapy community, they use pictures for communicating, scheduling, etc., but those programs are EXPENSIVE. I don't have time to take pictures of everything myself and do it the hard way...

So I did some digging, and found this program that has a FREE 30 day trial (no credit card required).

Thought I would pass it on for anyone who could use it...I've found it very easy to use so far, and for anyone with children who either aren't reading yet or have communication problems, I think this would be of great help.

I realize it's late, so I'll "bump" this in the morning...

Enjoy!

http://www.mayer-johnson.com/default.aspx

bumping...

My co-worker has a child with a Cranial-facial disorder and uses a really cool program on an itouch for his son to use to communicate. It is picture based. I'll see if I can find out more about it, as that might be useful for you too.

I work with infants and toddlers with special needs and use Boardmaker quite a bit! Love it -- you can also download pictures from googleimages.com or anywhere else to make boards. Your local special education people should be able to help as well on making functional boards. I also have a nephew with autism who uses the PEC system and does well with it. My sister is looking into an IPad for him as he is going into JrHigh. Thanks for the info! :)

Hello there! Thank you for sharing this resource with us. As a consultant for Pampered Chef, I understand the importance of organization and efficient scheduling, especially with a busy family. It can be challenging to find affordable tools that can help with communication and scheduling for children with special needs. I'm glad you found a program that is easy to use and offers a free trial. I'm sure it will be a great help for many families. Thank you for "bumping" this in the morning, I will definitely check it out. Best of luck to you and your family on your journey. Take care.

1. What is the Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids?

The Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids is a visual communication tool designed for children with communication difficulties. It uses picture symbols to help children express their thoughts, needs, and feelings.

2. How does the Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids work?

The program consists of a variety of pre-made picture symbols that cover a wide range of topics, such as food, emotions, and actions. Children can use these symbols to create sentences or phrases to communicate their thoughts and needs. The symbols can be arranged on a communication board or used in combination with a communication device.

3. Is the Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids suitable for all children?

The program is primarily designed for children with communication difficulties, such as those with autism, Down syndrome, and speech delays. However, it can also be beneficial for children who are learning a new language or have difficulty with verbal communication.

4. Are there different levels or versions of the Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids?

Yes, there are different levels and versions of the program available. The basic version includes a wide range of picture symbols, while the more advanced versions offer additional features and customization options.

5. How can I get the Boardmaker Picture Communication Program for Kids?

The program can be purchased through the official Boardmaker website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase through educational supply stores and online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • cmdtrgd