• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Wash My Catalog Tote with Chocolate on the Handle?

In summary, if you have chocolate all over the handle of your tote, you can probably put it in the washer. If you get cool whip all over yourself, you can hand wash or put it in the dryer on low.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I got chocolate all over the handle of my catalog tote. Can I wash this in the washer? Or do I have to hand wash? I figured maybe in the washer but not in the dryer because of the window but I cannot find the information any where!

I'd probably hand-wash to be safe.If you use cold water and a gentle cycle so it doesn't agitate too much and no dryer, you could probably put it in the washer. (Just cautious about warping or breaking your plastic with heat or movement).

I'd hand wash. The handles should dry quickly. Just set it on the counter and soak the handles in a soap and water solution, then towel dry. It should dry by air.

If you haven't already tried to wash it, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate it for a while to let the chocolate harden. Then scrape it off with the blunt side of a butter knife or a stone scraper. You want to get as much off as possible without damaging the fabric. Then wash it with the warm, soapy water.

If you use cold water and a gentle cycle so it doesn't agitate too much and no dryer, you could probably put it in the washer. (Just cautious about warping or breaking your plastic with heat or movement).

I wouldn't suggest machine washing it but if I did, I would use warm water. The cold will make the plastic more brittle so more likely to crack. Warm water will keep it pliable.

RebelChef said:
If you haven't already tried to wash it, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate it for a while to let the chocolate harden. Then scrape it off with the blunt side of a butter knife or a stone scraper. You want to get as much off as possible without damaging the fabric. Then wash it with the warm, soapy water.

It's pretty well dry, it happened last week! I haven't had any time to mess with it yet.

To make it worse, I got cool whip all over my conference bag from last year. I carry my catalogs, door prizes, flip top chart in it. The lid for the cool whip got knocked to the floor last night (got to love little girls trying to help you in the kitchen) and all over my bag, my pants, the floor! Now I have another bag to clean.

RebelChef said:
I wouldn't suggest machine washing it but if I did, I would use warm water. The cold will make the plastic more brittle so more likely to crack. Warm water will keep it pliable.

Good point - I was thinking avoid warm because MY warm water cycle tends to be VERY hot which would potential melt.

I'd just hand wash then...best to be safe!

If I can make you feel not alone, I just realized I got tomato sauce on my conference 2008 bag strap!!!! That is getting hand washed...

I knew I couldn't find the lid to throw it away but didn't bother looking on the floor until I went to get the catalogs out of the bag! There was cool whip every where!

Related to Can I Wash My Catalog Tote with Chocolate on the Handle?

1. Can I wash my catalog tote with chocolate on the handle?

Yes, you can wash your catalog tote with chocolate on the handle. However, it is important to follow the proper cleaning instructions to avoid damaging the fabric or handle.

2. What is the best way to remove chocolate from my catalog tote handle?

To remove chocolate from your catalog tote handle, start by gently scraping off any excess chocolate with a spoon or knife. Then, mix a solution of mild detergent and warm water and use a clean cloth to gently blot the stain. Rinse with cool water and let the tote air dry.

3. Can I use bleach to clean the chocolate stain on my catalog tote?

No, it is not recommended to use bleach on your catalog tote as it can damage the fabric and handle. Stick to using a mild detergent and warm water for cleaning.

4. Will washing my catalog tote with chocolate on the handle affect the other parts of the tote?

If you follow the proper cleaning instructions, washing your catalog tote with chocolate on the handle should not affect the other parts of the tote. However, it is important to avoid rubbing the chocolate stain too vigorously as it can spread to other areas of the tote.

5. Is it safe to put my catalog tote with chocolate on the handle in the washing machine?

It is not recommended to put your catalog tote with chocolate on the handle in the washing machine. The agitation and heat from the machine can cause the chocolate stain to set in and be more difficult to remove. It is best to hand wash the tote using gentle motions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• n_coleman101
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
n_coleman101
Replies
Views
Staci
  • tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies