1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Silicone handle on my 12" glass lid cracked

1. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm SO bummed! I used my 12" executive skillet tonight and I looked down at the handle to see that the silicone on the handle cracked! I've only had it since March, and I always wash it by hand.

The only thing I can think of is that it may have been damaged in our move last month, but it was wrapped up pretty well, since the lid is glass afterall...

Anyway, guess I'll have to be without my lid for a few weeks until I get the replacement :( Sending it in for the adjustment tomorrow.

Sep 29, 2009
  2. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

call instead and let them know that it is something you need for your business

Sep 30, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Since you have to call to get a reference number anyway, I'd do what Shana said and tell the rep that you use it at shows and can't be without it. HO is usually willing to work with consultants to quickly replace things that are legitimately used for shows.

Sep 30, 2009
  4. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks ladies, I will do this. I'm super bummed b/c I have a show coming up in two weeks that I was going to use this skillet at and I don't want to bring a skillet with a cracked handle but need the cover for the recipe! I was going to borrow my director's for the show. I will call HO and see if they can send me one and I will send mine back as soon as I receive it. Thanks!

Sep 30, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I hope you get a nicer customer service rep than I did. When my DCB broke and I had to return it, I asked if they would send it right away while I also sent mine in, but they wouldn't. They said they only do that if it's something you bought as a sample. Even when I told her I needed it for shows, she wouldn't budge. She said that since it was after 30 days, I had to return it first, then they'd issue me my replacement. I was really bummed. But I hope you have better luck than me in convincing them. :)

Sep 30, 2009
Have something to add?