• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Handle on My 12" Glass Lid Cracked

In summary, the silicone on the handle of the executive skillet cracked, so the cook may have to be without her lid for a few weeks until a new one can be sent.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I'm SO bummed! I used my 12" executive skillet tonight and I looked down at the handle to see that the silicone on the handle cracked! I've only had it since March, and I always wash it by hand.

The only thing I can think of is that it may have been damaged in our move last month, but it was wrapped up pretty well, since the lid is glass afterall...

Anyway, guess I'll have to be without my lid for a few weeks until I get the replacement :( Sending it in for the adjustment tomorrow.

call instead and let them know that it is something you need for your business

Since you have to call to get a reference number anyway, I'd do what Shana said and tell the rep that you use it at shows and can't be without it. HO is usually willing to work with consultants to quickly replace things that are legitimately used for shows.

Thanks ladies, I will do this. I'm super bummed b/c I have a show coming up in two weeks that I was going to use this skillet at and I don't want to bring a skillet with a cracked handle but need the cover for the recipe! I was going to borrow my director's for the show. I will call HO and see if they can send me one and I will send mine back as soon as I receive it. Thanks!

I hope you get a nicer customer service rep than I did. When my DCB broke and I had to return it, I asked if they would send it right away while I also sent mine in, but they wouldn't. They said they only do that if it's something you bought as a sample. Even when I told her I needed it for shows, she wouldn't budge. She said that since it was after 30 days, I had to return it first, then they'd issue me my replacement. I was really bummed. But I hope you have better luck than me in convincing them. :)

1. What could have caused the silicone handle on my 12" glass lid to crack?

The most common cause of a cracked silicone handle on a glass lid is exposure to high heat. Silicone can only withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so if the lid was placed in an oven or used on a stovetop at a higher temperature, it could have caused the handle to crack.

2. Is it safe to continue using the lid with a cracked handle?

We do not recommend using the lid with a cracked handle. The handle provides a secure grip while handling the lid, and a cracked handle could lead to the lid slipping or falling, potentially causing injury or damage to your cookware.

3. Can I replace just the silicone handle instead of buying a whole new lid?

Unfortunately, we do not offer replacement silicone handles for our glass lids. However, you may be able to find a universal silicone handle that will fit your lid at a kitchen supply store or online.

4. How can I prevent the silicone handle from cracking in the future?

To prevent the silicone handle from cracking, it is important to never expose it to high heat. Additionally, avoid using sharp utensils on the handle and do not twist or bend it, as this can also cause damage. Always hand wash the lid and handle with mild soap and water, and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.

5. Can I still use the lid even if the handle is cracked?

While it is not recommended, you can still use the lid with a cracked handle as long as you take extra precautions. Use oven mitts or a kitchen towel to handle the lid and be extra careful when lifting or moving it. However, we highly recommend replacing the lid for safety reasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • chef.katie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KennethandTiffany
  • jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies