• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Raspberry Sauce Competition

where else am I going to find this particular flavor?I'm sorry...did I say it too loud at Conference? I didn't know you were sitting so close to me John! ;)It was not only you at conference! I almost heard an audible OMG when everyone saw the cost! I thought the cost of the those was nuts UNTIL I checked out WildTree - $11 for 9.5 ounces of Hot Fudge and then TS is $8.99 for 11 ounces of caramel. Theirs is less expensive as the jar is 2.5 ounces more and $1.01 less than ours. So... Our prices are comparable! I still think it is nuts when I can go to Sentry or Pick 'N
leftymac
I was in Wegman's and saw a jar of Chocolate Raspberry Sauce that was the same size as ours. It was $3.99! So, I thought to myself, "Well, ours is so expensive because it is made with all-natural ingredients!". But then, I read the label on the Wegman's brand and it only had like 5 ingredients and they were all "normal" ingredients, all natural.

I should've bought it so I could taste-test it, but Yahweh knows that I don't need more chocolate raspberry sauce in my house.

Ours has the fancier label, so maybe that justifies the $6.01 price difference.

Plus, Keith, you don't get a commission from Wegman's (nor does your AD, D or even Warren Buffet) if you buy theirs. You're far better off with the pricey product from the company you love and respect.I'll be buying the Wegman's tomorrow.

Is Wegman's a grocery store?

leftymac said:
We have such a limited choice in grocery stores around here. Meijer's, or Family Fare. That's it. There used to also be D&W's but they got bought out by FF.

I wish I had more options. I think you need to go back and buy the sauce so that you can compare. I'm sure Yahweh won't mind if you have one more bottle of dessert sauce in the house! :D:D:D

Is Wegman's really all that? I hear there's one coming near me in 2012.

Becca_in_MD said:
Is Wegman's really all that? I hear there's one coming near me in 2012.

Yes, it really is all that. I love it because it looks like it should be a really expensive store, but I've found it to be cheaper than most. Their selection of meats, bakery items, and seafood is unmatched.

leftymac said:
Yes, it really is all that. I love it because it looks like it should be a really expensive store, but I've found it to be cheaper than most. Their selection of meats, bakery items, and seafood is unmatched.

I just looked at their Website - love it! Makes me even more envious.

And yes, I also often peruse the Whole Food's and Trader Joe's websites - just to torture myself.:cry:

I just moved very close to a Harris Teeter. Closer to a Trader Joe's but not close enough to make it my "go to" place. The Wegman's is going to be closer to TJ's than to me. People say the HT is more expensive but I just got really cheap chicken there today.

Anyway... Dave, let us know how the choc. rasp. sauce is. I heard people tonight at my show notice the sauces and compare them to TS.

Becca, I have Trader Joe's, Bristol Farms and Jensens here in the desert. Never heard of Wegman's until Keith-boy brought it up.

We have something like that here in Southeast Wisconsin called Sendik's. I took a look at the Wegman's site and they are very comparable. I think I may need to look for Choc. Raspberry sauce and Caramel and see if there is a Cherry Almond as well. I have not even had a party yet and already got the "Hell No" on the cost of those for the size. I had the Caramel Sauce and well, I don't think it is anything special. So... I don't know what to think except to do what I always do, support our products!

pampered1224 said:
We have something like that here in Southeast Wisconsin called Sendik's. I took a look at the Wegman's site and they are very comparable. I think I may need to look for Choc. Raspberry sauce and Caramel and see if there is a Cherry Almond as well. I have not even had a party yet and already got the "Hell No" on the cost of those for the size. I had the Caramel Sauce and well, I don't think it is anything special. So... I don't know what to think except to do what I always do, support our products!

I'm sorry...did I say it too loud at Conference? I didn't know you were sitting so close to me John! ;)

It was not only you at conference! I almost heard an audible OMG when everyone saw the cost! I thought the cost of the those was nuts UNTIL I checked out WildTree - $11 for 9.5 ounces of Hot Fudge and then TS is $8.99 for 11 ounces of caramel. Theirs is less expensive as the jar is 2.5 ounces more and $1.01 less than ours. So... Our prices are comparable! I still think it is nuts when I can go to Sentry or Pick 'N Save and get caramel for $3.99 for an 8 ounce jar! Yes, I am probably buying a heck of a lot more than better, cream and sugar but with so many wallets on strict diets, I am thinking even that is expensive! I can get a whole roasting chicken for that before caramel. But what do I know? I do not even sell the other sauces because my customers think those are very "extravagant". So...

While I visited my brother in Manassas, VA, they took me to Wegman's and yes, it is all that. We just popped to get....I forget, but not a major shopping trip. However, the produce was beautiful, and they had all kinds of coooool stuff. regular groceries, fancy imported stuff, and everything in between, plus a lot of prepared stuff freshly made and ready to eat. Our grocery situation in Tucson is just fair, but we do have Trader Joe's. I mainly shop Fry's or Safeway, for convenience and price.loved Wegmans, though

Yes, Wegman's is wonderful. I lived in Rochester, NY for awhile (where they are based).

I have one sort of close to me now (35 minutes) and I go when I have a chance. I wish there was one closer.

I can't ever have DH pick up produce for me at our local stores since much of the produce is not that good and you really have to pick to find the good stuff (brown lettuce, moldy strawberries, etc). BUT - at Wegman's it is ALL GOOD. I joke that I could send DH to Wegman's to pick produce since no matter what he grabbed, it would be fresh!

Ha, we don't even have any of those stores around here. I get Wal-Mart and Hy-vee and Fareway (both local companies). Fareway has some of the best meat around here but the one that is closest to me isn't exactly on my way to anything else!

Ohh! I love Sendiks. Went there when visiting in Milwaukee this summer. Wegman's sounds great too. We don't have anything like those places either. I have Lowes Foods, Food Lion and Walmart here. Harris Teeter & Trader Joes are a good 1/2 hour + away so not so convenient. We also have A Southern Season just over 1/2 hour away - not a regular store but really awesome for hard to find/gifty foody things.

As far as the new sauces... there are customers who will want them and will pay the $10 but I don't anticipate much business from them.

I have tried the Cherry Almond & the Choc Raspberry. I think they are good - but not $10 good. And I don't even think they are worth $6 (our supply cost). But, that is just me. And, I generally feel our products are worth the price. This is one of the few exceptions, in my opinion.

LOVE LOVE LOVE HY-VEE miss it (& Easters)
and does Fareway still have the pickled pigs feet in a big 3 gallon jar in the butcher area Weird what I remember as a childhood memory

For anyone with a Wegmans (which I LOVE as I have 2 by me) they have the BEST price (that I have found) on pork tenderloins. They are in their "club pack" section and you get FOUR (even though it looks like two) and they are around $12.00 for FOUR. I can't find 1-1.25lb pork tenderloins for 3.00 anywhere. Great for show demo's for the DCB and for those doing those Taste of PC shows.

Wegmans is always in the "top companies to work for" as I did an entire paper on them while doing my masters and they have almost everything you could want (great for our recipes when it calls for foo-foo ingredients or ethnic specialties.

You guys make me wish I had one near me! lol

Wegmens is the best...even tho I have to drive 40 miiles to my closest one!! The bigger ones even have restaurants in them and a cooking school! My son was going there on his lunch hr cuz he got their $6. meals, entree and 2 sides..so he could get pork chops, chicken parm (just to name a couple) and roasted brussel sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, garlic mashed, and more and it was cheaper than Mickey D's!!!!!! Also, they have huge brick ovens they make their pizzas and breads in!!! The whol length of the store is a meat and seafood market, just like being in the fresh markets in the huge cities!! Ok, now I'm getting hungry and I'm going to Wegmens this week...I also work at the Glen Iris Inn in Letchworth St Park and a whole bunch of Wegmens come to stay in the fall and I'm gonna ask them this yr why we dont have one closer!!!

Wegman's is fantastic! I live in Cleveland, and the closest one is in Erie. Thankfully, we have family there, so, I get to visit Wegman's every once in a while. It's really great!

I've never heard of Wegman's until I read this thread but it really makes me envious! We have Kroger, WalMart, Piggly Wiggly (I can hear you laughing already!!!) and two more home owned grocery stores. I really like our Kroger. Since our WalMart remodeled, it seems that they cut WAY back on their selection. I haven't seen either the Chocolate Raspberry nor the Cherry Almond at any of our stores.

I miss Sendik's!! Copps up here in Appleton used to be pretty good until they got bought out by Roundy's. Now they're the same as Pick 'N Save which is OK but not that great. Cub is gone and Festival is in ther place. Festival's sales are great, but their everyday prices are higher than the ridiculous prices we charge at Walgreens! I get why WAG is expentisive, we are more of a convenience store than a grocery or super store. My saving grace up here is Woodman's which isn't fancy, but their selection and prices are the best.

I grew up in Iowa and have shopped and many a HyVee and Drug Town....

This thread has been fun to see what stores are where.

We have one grocery store....a Kroger....and they don't even have things that I consider staple, like fresh mint. *sigh* I have to drive at least 30-45 minutes to get to a decent grocery. Oh, we have a Save-a-Lot, too.....LOL! Gotta love living in the boonies.

janezapchef said:
Wegman's is fantastic! I live in Cleveland, and the closest one is in Erie. Thankfully, we have family there, so, I get to visit Wegman's every once in a while. It's really great!

I live in Erie!

I love Wegmans, but didn't before I got married. But my hubby was/is an avid Wegmans shopper. I always thought it would be more expensive, but I gave it a shot. Loved it from day one. Everyone is so cheery and pleasant and helpful - customers and employees. I did a comparison shop at Giant Eagle and found that I spent 20% more at GE buying the same things I do at Wegmans. Plus Wegmans Brand everything is so good.

I've had the Wegmans chocolate raspberry sauce... I hate to say it but it's better than PC's in my opinion. Something about ours makes the back of my jaw hurt like it's to tart or rich or something.

I LOVE Weggies, as the people in the Ithaca, NY area refer to Wegmans. It consistently has the best produce around. The only problem with going there is they have EVERYTHING. I may go for a few items, but there are sooo many choices, I always overbuy. I also love their reusable shopping bags--nice and sturdy, and I often carry one to a show with my DCB or tool turnaround in it.

Bethany, I am with you..... Piggly Wiggly girl...lol... But we are only about 15 min from Tuscaloosa and they have lots of variety there... Alot of people here like Publix. I personally like our Wal Mart, except for buying meat, too expensive, but it is expensive everywhere.

1. What is the Chocolate Raspberry Sauce Competition?

The Chocolate Raspberry Sauce Competition is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef where consultants and customers can submit their own unique chocolate raspberry sauce recipes for a chance to win prizes.

2. How do I enter the Chocolate Raspberry Sauce Competition?

To enter the competition, simply submit your chocolate raspberry sauce recipe to your Pampered Chef consultant. They will then enter it into the competition for you.

3. Can I submit more than one recipe?

Yes, you can submit multiple recipes for the competition. However, each recipe must be unique and cannot be a variation of the same recipe.

4. How are winners chosen for the Chocolate Raspberry Sauce Competition?

The winners of the competition are chosen based on a combination of factors including taste, creativity, and presentation. A panel of judges will evaluate each recipe and choose the top winners.

5. What are the prizes for the Chocolate Raspberry Sauce Competition?

The prizes for the competition vary each year, but typically include Pampered Chef products and gift cards. The grand prize winner also has the opportunity to have their recipe featured in future Pampered Chef catalogs and publications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Chefgirl2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • janezapchef