• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rcb--Trying to Use It More and Learn to Love It

In summary, Rcb stands for "Rockcrok® Braiser" and is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef that can be used for braising, roasting, baking, and more. To use it more, try experimenting with different recipes and techniques, or check out their website or attend a virtual cooking class for tips and inspiration. To clean and care for the Rcb, let it cool down before washing with warm, soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils. It is safe to use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction, as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions and use oven mitts. The Rcb can withstand temperatures up to 752 degrees Fahrenheit,
gailz2
Gold Member
Tonight I put a pound of ground beef into the RCB and microwaved it--one thing I really liked about that is the beef was still "whole", so instead of breaking it up right away with the Mix N Chop, I dumped off any liquid easily using the lid, then used the Mix N Chop. THEN, so I wouldn't dirty any other dishes (I usually do all this meaty sauce in my 12" covered skillet) I dumped a jar of Bertolli sauce (easy dinner) into the meat and microwaved that with the lid on. It was so quick and easy, I'm definitely going to talk about it at shows.

Any other hints of great uses for the RCB??

I like it better for re-heating leftovers than anything else I've found. It keeps the food moist and tender.

sounds great! how long did you m'wave it for?

Chicken enough for two or to make chicken salad. Your favorite hot dip (30 min in oven or 5 min in microwave). Spaghetti and meat sauce. Boil about 8 oz pasta. Meanwhile cook ground beef onion, garlic...in RCB, crumble. Add small jar spaghetti sauce and cooked pasta. Bake 30 min.Bean casserole. Brown ground beef and onion, add 16 oz can baked beans, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. (can be done in RCB or skillet and then put into RCB) Cut refrigerated biscuits in half and arrange around edges of RCB over the bean mixture. Top with cheese. Bake 30 min.Look up recipes for DCB and adjust ingredients and cook time in half.

so Beth, are you making the RCB cookbook/flyer? :)

1. What is Rcb and how can I use it more?

Rcb stands for "Rockcrok® Braiser", which is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef. It can be used for braising, roasting, baking, and more. To use it more, try experimenting with different recipes and techniques. You can also check out our website or attend a virtual cooking class for more tips and inspiration.

2. How do I clean and care for my Rcb?

To clean your Rcb, let it cool down before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the non-stick surface. For stubborn stains, soak the Rcb in warm water and baking soda for a few hours before scrubbing. Make sure to dry it completely before storing it. For long-term care, avoid using metal utensils on the non-stick surface and never put it in the dishwasher.

3. Can the Rcb be used on all stovetops?

Yes, the Rcb is safe to use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific stovetop type. Always use oven mitts when handling the Rcb, as it can get hot on the stovetop.

4. What is the temperature limit for the Rcb?

The Rcb can withstand temperatures up to 752 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe for use in the oven and on the stovetop. However, it is recommended to use the Rcb at lower temperatures for best results and to avoid damaging the non-stick coating.

5. Can the Rcb be used in the microwave?

No, the Rcb is not safe to use in the microwave. It is made of ceramic and has a metal handle, which can cause sparks and potential damage to the microwave. Stick to using the Rcb on the stovetop or in the oven for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tammym
  • shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • raebates