• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I submit a personal order as a catalog show and still receive the STA?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant trying to decide whether to order an extra $5 item as part of a show or as a personal order. Some suggest adding it to a show to get incentives and commission, while others suggest hosting a show to get the item at half price. There is also discussion about the ethics and rules of submitting shows under a consultant's name and getting commission on discounted products.
ilovpc
Gold Member
I need to get a new double burner (I have the professional one and its already peeling out :mad:), but I don't know if I should order an extra $5 item and submit it as a catalog show or do it as a personal order.

What would you do? If I submit this as a show this will be my 2nd show before the 15th and I can get the STA.

:confused:

I would add the extra $5 to my order to make it a show.

Our personal purchases are not commissionable.

BethCooks4U said:
Our personal purchases are not commissionable.

because they give you the discount up front...so that part balances out. By submitting as a show, you get the incentive in this case.

Is this really a question? Definitely submit as a show!

I'd definitely submit it as a show. Honestly, I've NEVER done a personal order, except during kit enhancement. I'd rather get the incentive points and commissionable sales on what I order! What I make back in commission is usually as much or more than what I'd save with our discount! :)

I'm still fairly new and that's something that I wasn't clear about. So it is ok for me as a consultant to place an order as part of a show? I realize it wouldn't be at my consultant's discount rate, but assuming I could still get commission on it, it all works out in the end. I interpreted the rule that our "personal orders are not commissionable" to mean that if I ordered something on a show, I would not get commission on that dollar amount. Not true?

esavvymom said:
because they give you the discount up front...so that part balances out. By submitting as a show, you get the incentive in this case.

But is that really ethical? And what about the guarantee? If she orders it in her own name it won't be commissionable so she'd have to lie about who it was for.

I DO order gifts in the person I am gifting to's name and count those toward show sales but they are not for my personal use.

In this particular case, I'd host a show (how about to show off the new products) and get it to $300 so I could get the pan as host in my own name at half price.

BethCooks4U said:
But is that really ethical? And what about the guarantee? If she orders it in her own name it won't be commissionable so she'd have to lie about who it was for.

I DO order gifts in the person I am gifting to's name and count those toward show sales but they are not for my personal use.

This is exactly why I was asking. I do want to get it in my name in case I need the guarantee. Also, I taught that if we, consultants, submit shows under our name those shows don't qualified for any incentives, but we do get comission on guest sales only.

BethCooks4U said:

In this particular case, I'd host a show (how about to show off the new products) and get it to $300 so I could get the pan as host in my own name at half price.

How is it any different than hosting your own show for any other purpose? There isn't any minimum for a consultant hosted show compared to a regular catalog show.

Fanny, the only thing you don't get as a host is the booking benefit. Hosting your own catalog show would definitely be the way to go.

No, you also do not get commission on any discounted products on your own show (like we do if it's a host order)--or if it's a show under the name of someone in our household. Learned that when I submitted a show that my daughter legitimately did at our home--I got commission on the guest sales but not her discounted stuff. When I questioned it they said in a consultant acting as host situation we did not get commission on any discounted products.

crystalscookingnow said:
How is it any different than hosting your own show for any other purpose? There isn't any minimum for a consultant hosted show compared to a regular catalog show.

You are right the minimum for a consultant hosted show is the same as any other host. My point is that she would have to say the pan is someone else's (who doesn't live with her) in order to put it in as a guest order to count toward the show (and for it to be commissionable). A consultant can not be a guest on a show.

If I were the OP I would wait until I can do a show or collect enough orders to have that $300 show and get it for half price.

Nancy, I forgot about not receiving commission on discounted host items. When I do my own shows I rarely buy much of anything beyond the free and half-price.

Thanks everyone for your input. I asked my director about it and she said that I can put it in as a catalog show. That I can put my self as the guest and also as the consultant. I am not planning on buying anything else, just my griddle as a guest and the host special as the host. If this is not right, I guess the HO will let me know :D

Thanks again!!!

ilovpc said:
Thanks everyone for your input. I asked my director about it and she said that I can put it in as a catalog show. That I can put my self as the guest and also as the consultant. I am not planning on buying anything else, just my griddle as a guest and the host special as the host. If this is not right, I guess the HO will let me know :D

Thanks again!!!

I called HO and asked if a consultant could place an order on a show and they said absolutely not. We can purchase items with an individual order or we can host a show and purchase as the host but we can not be a guest on a show. Of course there are also other ways we can buy products: kit enhancement, new product purchase each season...

If you submit it that way you are risking them rejecting the order. Personally, I would not do this. I know the commission/discount pretty much zero themselves out but it is not an ethical way to get an incentive. Of course, there are times that things get by so they may not catch it. Do what you want but your director is incorrect on this.

In fact they said that no host can put an order in with her own name as the only order on a show. I know this happens but it is technically not allowed.

1. What is a Personal Order or Catalog Show?

A Personal Order or Catalog Show is a way for you to earn free and discounted products from Pampered Chef by hosting your own online or in-person party. You can invite your friends and family to shop from our catalogs and website, and you will receive credit for their purchases towards your own free and discounted products.

2. How do I host a Personal Order or Catalog Show?

To host a Personal Order or Catalog Show, you can either create an online party through our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant to help you plan an in-person party. The consultant will provide you with catalogs, order forms, and other materials to make your party a success.

3. How do I earn free and discounted products?

For every purchase made through your Personal Order or Catalog Show, you will earn credit towards free and discounted products. The more your friends and family shop, the more credit you will receive. You can also earn additional rewards by booking future parties and referring others to host their own Personal Order or Catalog Show.

4. How long does a Personal Order or Catalog Show last?

The length of a Personal Order or Catalog Show can vary depending on your preference and the availability of your guests. Typically, an online party can last up to two weeks, while an in-person party can be a few hours. Your Pampered Chef consultant can help you determine the best length for your show.

5. Can I earn host rewards if I don't have any guests?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if you don't have any guests. You can place a personal order through your own Personal Order or Catalog Show and earn credit towards free and discounted products. However, we recommend inviting your friends and family to shop so you can maximize your rewards and have a fun party experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smama07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smama07
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies