• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Purchase and Use Host Specials as Prizes?

In summary, the conversation discussed whether it is acceptable to purchase a host special if the host does not want it, and if the warranty would still be valid in that case. It was also mentioned that the host may offer the special to the person asking, but it is against company policy to purchase unused host specials. The discussion also touched on using the host special as a prize and whether the warranty would be valid in that case. It was clarified that warranties do not transfer and the rules for using the host special were outlined in the Business Guide. The conversation also included a question about using Pan-O-Rama points to purchase additional pieces if the host special is purchased at 60% off, which was confirmed to be allowed. It was then clarified
angmillar
1. IF a host doesn't want the host special for that month, is it okay for me to purchase it in order to increase my collection? If so, will the warranty be valid for me?

2. And, if I can purchase it, can I use it as a prize? If so, is the warranty vaild?

3. I'm assuming I can't resale items like this....

Thanks so much!

Yes, you could use it. I would maybe mention it to them since they'll receive it. The warranty validity, I'm not sure about. It's valid for the purchaser (person on the receipt) or if received as a gift so you keep good records and yes, you should be able to use the warranty. As for reselling it or giving it as a prize, some do. However, warranties are not valid then. Too far removed from the original purchase b/c you don't even know if they'll keep it or give it as a gift.I tend to take advantage of host specials and I use them as prizes or whatever, but I make sure they know that the warranty would be difficult to use...but it's free :)

The host special is for the host. We are not supposed to be buying the unused specials. That being said there is probably nothing wrong with your host offering it to you if she doesn't want it. It's a fine line though. If you call HO the operators would say the only way that you can get the host special price is to host a show.

Warranties do not transfer.

It's all in the Business Guide.

BethCooks4 said:
If you call HO the operators would say the only way that you can get the host special price is to host a show.

That being said, (this may be a silly questions, but I never thought about it) if I were to host my own show in September I would be eligible to receive a set of pots at 60% off and still be able to use my pan-o-rama points to receive additional pieces?

Dawn4 said:
That being said, (this may be a silly questions, but I never thought about it) if I were to host my own show in September I would be eligible to receive a set of pots at 60% off and still be able to use my pan-o-rama points to receive additional pieces?
YES!! Go for it!!

Excellent!!! Thanks for the info.

All in all, I cannot buy the host special if the host doesn't want it. Well, I guess I should say I "shouldn't" buy it.

If it's not allowed, then I won't do it.

I guess I should have looked in my business guide first.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....I didn't think that consultant as host gained points for pan o rama....guest sales count, yes, but I didn't think the consultants purchases as a host did. Again, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!!! :D

The Pan o Rama flyer and the point chart both say that all cookware sales must be from shows held or individual orders placed between August 1 and Nov 30. They do not say anything about excluding pans purchased by consultants as hosts.

We can host and we can count any cookware we purchase.

Attachments

• por_point_chart.pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 238
  • cs_07aug_nov.pdf
    314.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
That's what I understood too. I think people are confused because in the past the consultants order didn't count toward your points.

Any cookware we buy as a personal order or on the supply or sample orders do not count toward the promotion. It must be part of a show order or customer individual order to count.

Related to Can I Purchase and Use Host Specials as Prizes?

What are "Host Specials Not Wanted..."?

"Host Specials Not Wanted..." are products that are excluded from the host special rewards program. This means that when a customer hosts a Pampered Chef party and earns rewards based on their sales, they will not be able to use those rewards towards purchasing these specific products.

Why are there products that are not eligible for host specials?

The reason for this is because these products may already have their own promotions or discounts applied, making them ineligible for additional discounts through the host rewards program. This helps us maintain fair pricing for all customers and ensures that our hosts are able to maximize their rewards on other products.

How can I tell which products are "Host Specials Not Wanted..."?

When browsing our online catalog or attending a Pampered Chef party, these products will be clearly labeled as "Host Specials Not Wanted..." with a red tag. Additionally, our consultants will inform you of these products and their exclusions when you are placing an order.

Can I still use my host rewards on other products if I purchase a "Host Special Not Wanted..."?

Yes, you can still use your host rewards on other eligible products. The "Host Specials Not Wanted..." products will simply not count towards your total qualifying sales for the host rewards program.

Are there any exceptions to the "Host Specials Not Wanted..." policy?

In some cases, our consultants may be able to make exceptions for certain "Host Specials Not Wanted..." products. This will be at their discretion and based on the current promotions and discounts available. It is best to discuss this with your consultant before placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies