• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Host Receive Guest Special?

, they can get the guest special. It's a great incentive to get them to spend a little more too.....:)
TammyJo
This might be a silly question but I was wanting to know is if the host spends at least $60 at her show whether she is eligable to receive the Guest Special for Free also?:confused:

TammyJo said:
This might be a silly question but I was wanting to know is if the host spends at least $60 at her show whether she is eligable to receive the Guest Special for Free also?:confused:

Yes, she can.

Thanks alot, I thought she could but wasn't sure!

wow, i've been sellin for a year and a half and didn't know that the host could receive the guest special. what does she have to do to get it?
I mean i know that if she spends over $60 BUT is that including half-price products, and host special included?

If the host SPENDS $60 before taxes she is elilgible to get the guest special but you need to enter it on her order.

It the special is a discount on a product she is also eligible for that AND she gets her show special off that price - just be sure to enter the sale product number correctly (if you enter the regular number she won't get the special).

In September she can get one of the glazed stones for 60% off as host AND if she wants additional glazed stones she can get them for free at the 20% off price (more free) AND at her discount - if the show discount is 25% she gets the stone for 20% off and then 25% off. The guest sales price cannot be used for half price items.

It does NOT include half price items! It is only on the total from what she spends with her discount!!

Just want to make sure I'm straight on this one because I just told a hostess that she couldn't get it. It's ONLY from the total she spends with her discount. This does NOT include 1/2 price or free product purcheses, correct? Thanks in advance for clarifying!

I've done it with half-price options and the monthly host special and I haven't had any problems. I've been doing it for over a year!;)

i have done it based on half price and discount items too. if she spends $60 before taxes i enter the special in and have had no problem with it at all. i think it is going to really do well when they can combine it with the stone gues discount - some people are really going to be able to increase their stoneware for a little amount!

PampMomof3 said:
I've done it with half-price options and the monthly host special and I haven't had any problems. I've been doing it for over a year!;)

I have done the same and never any problems

My director also told me the same, it works with the half price items. I checked through the policies and procedures, and never could find anything on it.

Oh wow I learned something new!! :D LOL I didn't know the host could get the guest special. I guess I'll remember that from now on. So if she spends $60.00 before taxes she can get it. Cool! I'll remember that. Thanks you all.;)

I never have seen anything on this- thanks for addressing this issue b/c all along I've been telling my hosts they can't get the guest special...now all this time, they are going to think i've been lying to them!!!!

Last month this lady hosted a show b/c she wanted the icsm free of all things...haha...anyways she asked since she spent over $60 could she get it free and I told her no...I feel terrible!!!

WOW! I didn't know this either. I'm closing a show tonight - I'll be sure to add that batter bowl in for her!!

PampMomof3 said:
I guess maybe I'm old school! I didn't know this had changed. It use to be against the rules! I guess they've changed this. My bad:eek: !
Well, thanks for updating me.

In the past I have always put the free item on the hosts order if they spend over $75 (that's what it is in Canada) but It's been forever since I had a host who spent more then $75. Usually my hosts get their free product and the host special and that's it:rolleyes:

Same here - I've always done it - as long as they spend $60, no matter how they arrive at that total, they can get the guest special. It's a great incentive to get them to spend a little more too.....:)

Cindycooks said:
Same here - I've always done it - as long as they spend $60, no matter how they arrive at that total, they can get the guest special. It's a great incentive to get them to spend a little more too.....:)
Me too! As long as they spent the $60.

tiffanypc05 said:
I never have seen anything on this- thanks for addressing this issue b/c all along I've been telling my hosts they can't get the guest special...now all this time, they are going to think i've been lying to them!!!!

Last month this lady hosted a show b/c she wanted the icsm free of all things...haha...anyways she asked since she spent over $60 could she get it free and I told her no...I feel terrible!!!

Hey Tiffany,

Just sent you a PM.

Cat

I have called HO on this one. They said that if she SPENDS $60 - before tax (or whatever the carrot is) she is entitled to the free item no matter what she's spending it on - half price, monthly special, host discount... You just have to put it in her order. After all the host helped you get all those other orders - she shouldn't be penalized for being HOST.

As long as the host meets the requirement set for the guests she can have the guest special along with her guests. Specials like September are huge for hosts! They get a 60% off stone and then can order as many stones as she wants at 20% off minus her free or discount! Just be sure you put the sales # of the stone and not the regular #. Edit: Use the sale # for the half price items too!!

WE can also get the stones for a much reduced price in September. Do a personal order and use the 20% off item number. You will get them for the 20% off plus your discount. Even new consultants can get them for 40% off that way. Directors would get 50% off all the stones they want (glazed).

Last edited:
40% offWow...I didn't know we would get them for 40 percent off on a personal order...cool!!! Maybe I'll order some after all!

I just ordered my square cranberry baker for 50% off last week! Awesome!

WE can also get the stones for a much reduced price in September. Do a personal order and use the 20% off item number. You will get them for the 20% off plus your discount. Even new consultants can get them for 40% off that way. Directors would get 50% off all the stones they want (glazed).[/QUOTE]

I never thought about that!!! I just assumed it would not allow us to use the guest special number.

I just LOVE the things this site helps us know!!!!

Not a silly question. I learned that as well after three months in the business. I just thought the host got the host special and the guest got the guest special. They should tell us that to begin with. Luckily only one of my host spent over 60 so I didn't cheat too many people.

It would be nice if they added that hosts can get the special to the disclaimer.

Wow, thank you so much for this thread. I had no idea the host could receive the guest special. I also had no idea we could take advantage of the 20% off stone sale with our 20% consultant discount. How cool is that!

You ladies rock!:)

I did not know it at first either. When I did find out, I went back 30 days, called the home office, and had it sent to the host. Called the host and surpised them.

40% off StonesJust to clarify the personal orders, you don't REALLY get 40% off. You'd get 20% off the "guest" special, and then another 20% off that already reduced price. So...let's say a stone is $40. It's on sale for $32. You'd then get another $6.40 off for a total of $25.60, so the real discount is 36%. Still a great deal, but it can be a little misleading.

The same thing goes when a past host orders. She gets 20% off for the guest special, and then 10% off of the discounted price, so it doesn't quite work out to 30% (more like 28%).

And again, same for the host of a September show. 20% off the guest special, and then her host discount up to 30% off the reduced price.

I hope that all makes sense. Again, it's still a great bargain, but if you tell a September host that she can save up to 50% off stones beyond her host special, it's not quite right.

Diane

Diane - I actually emailed HO about it and they said it is the actual amount off, not a percentage of a percentage. I haven't checked it with the numbers through PP, but that is what they said. To be safe, you could tell a host that s/he will get even more off the guest special depending on the level of sales.

Hi Kate,

Thank you. I know - that's kind of what I'm trying to say. You wouldn't tell a past host that she's going to get 30% off the rectangular baker, because the numbers don't work out that way. The baker is 20% off - so it's $34.40. THEN, she'd get 10% off of the $34.40, so another $3.44 off, bringing her total to $30.96. If you determine the total percentage she got off the original price, you would take $30.96 and divide it by $43 (the original cost), and you would get 72%. SO, she paid 72% of the original cost, which translates into a discount of 28% (100% - 72%), NOT 30%.

So again, if you have a host that buys additional stoneware, she would get 20% off the original price just like all guests (and someone else said, you would enter the guest special item number, not the original product number). THEN she would get her host discount (UP to 30%) off of the sale price.

HTH,

Diane

WOW! I have been a consultant since July 28th and stumbled upon this site the night I signed up. I have gotten SO much inspiration from this site. I just finished my 3rd show tonight, and wondered about the host getting the guest special on the way home. Thought I'd spend some time researching it and found out the answer in less than 3 minutes!!!!!! I already love you guys! : )

Well, we love you, too! We're glad your here and that we've been able to help!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Get_Pampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • funinyourkitchen