• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cameron From My Church Started Her First Chemo Treatments Last Week.

In summary, Cameron from church has started her first chemo treatments and is currently on her 3rd treatment. Her mom provided an update saying that today's treatment went well and they are introducing a new drug tomorrow. The treatment follows a 28-day cycle with injections and steroids on specific days and a third drug taken orally every day. There is a rest week at the end of each cycle and the entire process will be repeated for a total of 4 cycles. Cameron noted that it will only be 16 weeks of chemo and if you subtract the rest weeks, it's only 12 weeks. The family is thankful for the support and prayers and asks for continued prayers during this time.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Cameron from my church started her first chemo treatments last week. Her is an update on how her procedures will go for the next 4 months. Please continue to keep this family in your prayers. Cameron still feels fine today was her 3rd chemo treatment. When my grandmother had to go through this she didn't 'feel it' until after the first month went by... Here is the update her mom sent out...

Today's treatment went well. We spent much of the time W - A - I - T - I - N - G. Cameron is still feeling well. The blood labs came back fine . Tomorrow we introduce the new drug and repeat the steriod. So we'll see how the new mixture goes. The new drug she will take orally every day until the rest week.

The way this whole thing works is that there is a 28 day cycle of chemo. For Cameron she receives the injection on days 1,4,8 & 11, She also receives the Steriods on day 1,9 & 17 and the third drug every day from day 1 -21 ( we are late getting started with that due to some manufacturer hoops you have to jump through.) At the end of the 28 day cycle - from days 22-28 she won't have any chemo drugs- this is her rest week. Then the whole thing gets repeated for a total of 4 cycles.

Cameron noted that it was only 16 weeks of chemo and if you subtract the rest weeks, it's only 12 weeks!

I was listening to one of my new favorite songs call We Shine by Fee (see links) the chorus says 'we are the redeemed, we are the ones set free and we belong to Jesus' We are set free... not only from the punishment of sin and the separation from God , but we are also set free from fear and worry.

We shine because of the hope we have in Jesus and the peace he gives us. We are so thankful for all of your prayers! Please continue to pray for Cameron and her family during this time.

Thank you for sharing this update on Cameron's treatment. It's great to hear that she is still feeling well after her third treatment. I will definitely continue to keep her and her family in my prayers. The waiting during treatments can be tough, but it's encouraging to hear that her blood labs came back fine. I hope the new drug and mixture go well for her tomorrow. It sounds like a challenging but important process with the 28 day cycle. It's amazing that Cameron is already counting down the weeks and finding strength in her faith. I'll have to check out that song you mentioned, it sounds very uplifting. Thank you again for keeping us updated on Cameron's journey. She is a strong and brave individual.

1. How can I support Cameron during her chemo treatments?

There are many ways you can support Cameron during this difficult time. You can offer to help with household chores or errands, bring her meals or snacks, send her cards or care packages, or simply be there to listen and offer emotional support.

2. What should I say to Cameron when I visit her during chemo?

It's important to be sensitive and understanding when visiting someone going through chemo. You can offer words of encouragement and let her know you're there for her. It's also okay to ask how she's feeling, but be sure to respect her privacy if she doesn't want to talk about it.

3. Can I still invite Cameron to social events while she's going through chemo?

It's always a good idea to check with Cameron before inviting her to social events. Chemo can be physically and emotionally draining, so she may not have the energy or desire to attend. It's important to respect her decision and offer your support in other ways.

4. What are some thoughtful gifts I can give Cameron during her chemo treatments?

Some thoughtful gifts for someone going through chemo include cozy blankets or socks, a journal or coloring book to help pass the time, a scarf or hat to keep their head warm, and a care package filled with snacks and self-care items. You can also consider giving her a gift card for a massage or other relaxing activity.

5. How long will Cameron's chemo treatments last?

The length of chemo treatments can vary depending on the type and stage of cancer, as well as the individual's response to treatment. It's best to ask Cameron or her doctor for an estimate, as they will have the most accurate information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy