• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potty Training Tips: Get Ready to Start Now!

In summary, Amber recommends starting potty training at 2 years old and using rewards like stickers and candies to help motivate the child.
So, we have been potting training our daughter for the last 3 weeks and she is doing great with number one. Hardly has any accidents and even when she wakes up from her naps she is dry. YIPPEE!! But, number two, is the issue. She has done it once or twice, but only because I have gotten her there in time and she has jumped off the potty. Does anyone have a little one that was scared to do the number 2. I have tried to tell her if she does it she gets a sucker as a treat, but nothing. Sometimes, she'll even sit on the potty and get up a second later and say she is done. For some reason she is scared and I don't know why. HELP! I'm getting sick of shoveling out poop!!:(

I didnt' get my daughter Potty Trained until last year... she was four!!! She would show early sings of wanted to go potty on the big potty... and then would be uninterested in it..... We started only wearing pull ups at night for "just in case" and wearing Big girl panties during the day.... she had a few acidents at daycare.. I sent plenty of clothes....... then she got the hang of going pee just fine.. number two that was a big harder!! Then last April-May.... we were at a friends house for the weekend and I went to get Makayla ready for bed and she didnt' have any pull ups left... I made her go potty three times before she went to sleep... I explained toher that she had to wear big girl pantys to bed becasue she was out of pullups... she smilled and got really excited about it!! when she woke up the next morning she was completly dry!!! She belined it for the potty and went and went and went!!! I took her to Build a bear for a treat.... but the oly rewards she got other than the build a bear.. were your such a big girl and good job!!

As much as I would really like to give you advice on this, it took my son until right after the new year to get this and we started potty training in August.

My best advice is to talk with her about it, everytime and try hard not to show anger. Sometimes it just takes them time.

My little girl had the same problem then I figured out what is was... when their wearing a dyper or pull ups, they dont' have to really use effort to go Poop.. but when the sit on the potty they really feel themselves going potty... my Dr. said it was becasue it hurt her .. or Makayla thought it hurt to go poop... so she would say I am done... and then mess her pants five mins later...... So it could be becasue it hurts her to go poop on the torilet...

So, we have been potting training our daughter for the last 3 weeks and she is doing great with number one. Hardly has any accidents and even when she wakes up from her naps she is dry. YIPPEE!! But, number two, is the issue. She has done it once or twice, but only because I have gotten her there in time and she has jumped off the potty. Does anyone have a little one that was scared to do the number 2. I have tried to tell her if she does it she gets a sucker as a treat, but nothing. Sometimes, she'll even sit on the potty and get up a second later and say she is done. For some reason she is scared and I don't know why. HELP! I'm getting sick of shoveling out poop!!:(

My little one just turned 1... she shows interest in the potty.. she will sit on it when mommy goes... should I take that as a sign that she might want to try the "big potty" or is she just being cute???

She might show an interest in it.... try and put her up on the potty while your in their..... if she doesnt' like I would wait a bit.

Thanks! I try not to get anger and try to put myself in her shoes and i'm sure it is unfamiliar territory for her. I just encourage her and let her watch the "Elmo Potty Time" DVD as much as possible. She's a smart cookie and I know she'll get it in her own time. It's Mommy that has the problem.

Hey I know I was there. My son would poop in his underwear right after we had gone potty. It would drive me insane!!:( I thought I was goin to loose it. I got to the point where he had to help me clean it out of his underwear or if he wasn't wearing any he would have to help clean the floor. Not too long after I started doing that he started pooping in the toilet!

I was thinking of starting a 'potty training success' thread to see how the rest of you were coming! My dd finally decided she wants to wear big girl panties. It's been about 3 weeks now, and she's only had a few accidents. I'm so over-joyed:D

Great Lacy, it is such a great feeling when they are finially getting it!! :)

<h2>1. When is the best time to start potty training?</h2><p>The best time to start potty training is when your child is showing signs of readiness, such as being able to communicate their needs, having longer periods of dryness, and showing interest in using the potty. This can vary for each child, but typically occurs between 18 months and 3 years of age.</p><h2>2. How do I know if my child is ready for potty training?</h2><p>Some signs that your child may be ready for potty training include being able to follow simple instructions, being aware of when they need to go, and being able to communicate their needs. Other signs may include showing interest in the bathroom and wanting to wear "big kid" underwear.</p><h2>3. What is the best approach for potty training?</h2><p>The best approach for potty training is to be consistent and patient. Start by introducing your child to the potty and explaining its purpose. Encourage them to sit on the potty regularly, especially after meals or when they show signs of needing to go. Praise and reward your child for using the potty successfully, and be patient with accidents and setbacks.</p><h2>4. Do they sell products to protect the mattress during potty training?</h2><p>Yes, there are products available to protect the mattress during potty training. Waterproof mattress protectors or pads can be placed under your child's sheets to protect the mattress from accidents. You can also find mattress protectors specifically designed for potty training, such as ones with absorbent layers or waterproof backing.</p><h2>5. How long does potty training typically take?</h2><p>Potty training can vary in duration for each child, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months for most children to fully master using the potty. Some children may catch on quickly, while others may take longer. It's important to stay consistent and patient throughout the process and to remember that every child is different.</p>

1. When is the best time to start potty training?

The best time to start potty training is when your child is showing signs of readiness, such as being able to communicate their needs, having longer periods of dryness, and showing interest in using the potty. This can vary for each child, but typically occurs between 18 months and 3 years of age.

2. How do I know if my child is ready for potty training?

Some signs that your child may be ready for potty training include being able to follow simple instructions, being aware of when they need to go, and being able to communicate their needs. Other signs may include showing interest in the bathroom and wanting to wear "big kid" underwear.

3. What is the best approach for potty training?

The best approach for potty training is to be consistent and patient. Start by introducing your child to the potty and explaining its purpose. Encourage them to sit on the potty regularly, especially after meals or when they show signs of needing to go. Praise and reward your child for using the potty successfully, and be patient with accidents and setbacks.

4. Do they sell products to protect the mattress during potty training?

Yes, there are products available to protect the mattress during potty training. Waterproof mattress protectors or pads can be placed under your child's sheets to protect the mattress from accidents. You can also find mattress protectors specifically designed for potty training, such as ones with absorbent layers or waterproof backing.

5. How long does potty training typically take?

Potty training can vary in duration for each child, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months for most children to fully master using the potty. Some children may catch on quickly, while others may take longer. It's important to stay consistent and patient throughout the process and to remember that every child is different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
merego
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • princessmeshelle