• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Started with Pee Wee Football: Tips & Advice

In summary, my son is 9 years old and is starting to play football this season. He is going to have practices 5 nights a week and games on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. His team is for 8-9 year olds. He is excited for the games but is worried about injuries. His mother has not let him play football up until now because she is worried about him getting hurt.
amy07
Anyone have any experience with Pee Wee Football? My oldest DS wanted to try this out. He's never really been interested in athletics, so I jumped at the chance to get him active in a sport. We just got the call the other week and we will have 3 practices a week until games start, then 2 practices and 1 game a week. YIKES!! This kid is in for it!:rolleyes:

Anyways, we've already started practice and the coach is a very likable man. So far, it seems he is really in it for the kids to learn, and not just win the games.:thumbup:

So, if you have any advice and/or tips that would be great! Maybe even some for mom on how to manage running a business with this demanding game/practice schedule would be great too!

How old is he? Around here they start them playing in 5th grade. My 3 nephews have all played & loved it. Football's a big thing here; too bad the high school team isn't really good; but they have fun with it. Hope he enjoys it....and take along your catalog tote to the games;)

My son is really into soccer not football, but he has practice 5 nights a week. Once games start he will have games Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Plus he travels so we have 4 out of town tournaments this soccer season. I always have catalogs with me and I try to wear PC clothes. I find I promote more catalog shows during soccer season and it works out okay. A lot of the moms you meet at the field have just as hectic schedule as you do so they like the idea of having a catalog show.

lacychef said:
How old is he? Around here they start them playing in 5th grade. My 3 nephews have all played & loved it. Football's a big thing here; too bad the high school team isn't really good; but they have fun with it. Hope he enjoys it....and take along your catalog tote to the games;)

he's 9. the team is for 8-9yo.
And of course, I always have my cattys and wear PC clothing.:D

But as for the sport, I'm more concerned about injuries from the conditioning than the games. so far, it has just been agility drills, we get our pads this weekend. So, I can't wait to see what he is like once he is in his game gear. I'm sure it is heavy.

I have not let my DS play football....when he was in 2nd grade, one of his friends had a pulled tendon in his leg for an injury, and it just made me think that this chilod was too young to have that kind of injury.

1. What age group is Pee Wee football for?

Pee Wee football is typically for children between the ages of 5-12 years old. However, the specific age range may vary depending on the league or organization.

2. Do I need any prior experience to coach or participate in Pee Wee football?

No prior experience is necessary to coach or participate in Pee Wee football. Many leagues offer training and resources for both coaches and players.

3. What equipment is needed for Pee Wee football?

The basic equipment needed for Pee Wee football includes a helmet, shoulder pads, mouthguard, cleats, and a jersey. Some leagues may also require additional gear such as thigh pads and knee pads.

4. How often do teams practice and play games?

The frequency of practices and games varies depending on the league or organization. Generally, teams will practice a few times a week and have one game per week during the season.

5. What are the benefits of participating in Pee Wee football?

Pee Wee football can provide many benefits for children, such as physical activity, teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship. It can also help develop important skills such as communication and problem-solving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views