• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calzone Recipes: Italian & Mexican Varieties

In summary, there are two calzone recipes available on the Consultants Corner in the Recipe section. One is for an Italian Sausage Calzone and the other is for a Side-by-Side Calzone with Italian sausage, bell peppers, olives, pizza sauce, and garlic. The recipe calls for using a Rectangle Stone and baking the calzones for 22-25 minutes at 400°F.
ChefJennyLynn
Does anyone have the calzone recipes?

I am looking for the Italian & Mexican ones..

Thanks~

calzonesLook in Consultants Corner in Recipe section, I think in the season's best, and there are 2 different ones. ;)

I believe they would also be on CC in the "Celebrations" show section because one of the old "Fast Family Favorite" recipes was a calzone. One or two calzones, I can't remember.

Italian Sausage Calzone RecipeItalian Sausage Side-by-Side Calzones
-------------------------------------

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion

1 pound hot turkey Italian sausage (about 4 links)

1/2 cup diced green bell pepper

1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced

1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce

1 garlic clove, pressed

2 packages (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

1 tablespoon Pantry Basil Oil

1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Remove and discard casings from sausage. Cook sausage and onion in Family (12-in.) Skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain and set aside.

2. Dice bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus(R). In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sausage mixture, bell pepper, olives, pizza sauce and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.

3. Lightly flour Rectangle Stone. Unroll one package of pizza crust across baking stone. Gently stretch dough into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to form two lengthwise rows, leaving a 2-inch separation between rows down center and a 1-inch border around outside edges. Using Large Scoop, scoop filling mixture evenly over both rows of cheese. Unroll second package of pizza crust and carefully place over first crust. Match edges of dough around edges; press to seal around edges and down center.

4. Using Pizza Cutter, cut down center of dough to form two strips. Lightly spray dough with basil oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Grate Parmesan cheese over top of dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater.

5. Using Serrated Bread Knife, cut five 2-inch slits in top of each calzone to vent. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: To remove casings from sausage, cut a lengthwise slit down one side of each link using the Utility Knife.
Olive oil can be substituted for the Pantry Basil Oil, if desired.

Hi there! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to share some calzone recipes with you. The Italian calzone is a classic favorite and can be made with a variety of fillings such as pepperoni, sausage, and mozzarella cheese. For a Mexican twist, you can try a chicken and black bean calzone with salsa and cheddar cheese. Let me know if you would like me to send you the recipes. Happy cooking! :)

What are some popular Italian calzone recipes?

Some popular Italian calzone recipes include traditional pepperoni and cheese, spinach and ricotta, and sausage and mushroom calzones.

How do I make a calzone from scratch?

To make a calzone from scratch, you will need to prepare pizza dough, fill it with your desired toppings, and then fold and seal the dough into a half-moon shape. Bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.

Can I use pre-made dough for my calzone?

Yes, you can use pre-made pizza dough or crescent roll dough for your calzone. These will save you time and still result in a delicious calzone.

Are there vegetarian options for calzones?

Yes, there are many vegetarian options for calzones, such as roasted vegetable, mushroom and onion, and margherita calzones.

What are some popular Mexican calzone recipes?

Some popular Mexican calzone recipes include chicken fajita, beef and bean, and black bean and corn calzones. These often incorporate traditional Mexican flavors and ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
heat123