• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Fall Spread: Ravioli Calzone, Bacon Cheddar Cups & Merengue Cake!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a fall kick-off event where the speaker made various dishes such as a zesty ravioli, ham and cheese calzone, bacon cheddar cups, and a lemon merengue cake. They also discussed the success and challenges of the event, including low attendance and offering discounted and discontinued products. The speaker also shared a recipe for raspberry tequila sangria and discussed its reception among guests. Overall, the speaker felt that the event was worth the effort and everyone enjoyed the food.
heat123
Silver Member
:thumbup: I had my fall kick off and made the Zesty ravioli, ham and cheese calzone, bacon cheddar cups and lemon merengue cake! Everyone loved it all and I especially loved the Merengue cake! :chef:

But how did the kick-off go???

heat123 said:
:thumbup: I had my fall kick off and made the Zesty ravioli, ham and cheese calzone, bacon cheddar cups and lemon merengue cake! Everyone loved it all and I especially loved the Merengue cake! :chef:

That cake is so YUMMO!! were the Bacon Cheddar Easy? I'm helping out with a very large fundraiser (non PC) but I offered to make appetizers, so I'm looking for something really easy! TIA

Ginger428 said:
That cake is so YUMMO!! were the Bacon Cheddar Easy? I'm helping out with a very large fundraiser (non PC) but I offered to make appetizers, so I'm looking for something really easy! TIA

I think they are pretty easy, the only time consuming part is cutting out the pie crusts;).

Shell Northway said:
But how did the kick-off go???

Ehh.... lol. I invited my Entire Customer base.. only 2 showed, the rest was family. $300 and closing. But that's better than my last kick off (spring ), no one rsvp'd so I had to cancel. :(

At least you got a show out of it. I have a feeling that the more kick-off's and open houses you do, seasonly, the more people will look forward to them. I am thinking of having a "Recipe Testing" same as a open house but a different reason to bring people out.

Shell Northway said:
At least you got a show out of it. I have a feeling that the more kick-off's and open houses you do, seasonly, the more people will look forward to them. I am thinking of having a "Recipe Testing" same as a open house but a different reason to bring people out.

The first few were better than the last two!:( I think it has more to do with this economy than anything.

heat123 said:
I think they are pretty easy, the only time consuming part is cutting out the pie crusts;).

OK Kewl!! Thanks!!

I always offer my discontinued and extra stuff at 50% for the discontinued and 20% for the new (no guarantees). It always brings people and when they see the new stuff they want it (especially after I tell them the guarantee part). I had over $400 in orders.My guests also loved the Lemon dessert and the Raspberry Tequila Sangria (from the Appetizer cookbook). I did limit them all to one small glass since most were driving and I live in the country.

darlinclem said:
I always offer my discontinued and extra stuff at 50% for the discontinued and 20% for the new (no guarantees). It always brings people and when they see the new stuff they want it (especially after I tell them the guarantee part). I had over $400 in orders.

My guests also loved the Lemon dessert and the Raspberry Tequila Sangria (from the Appetizer cookbook). I did limit them all to one small glass since most were driving and I live in the country.

Hmmm, what did you think of that? Was it worth all the work? Sounds like a lot of fruity stuff and steps. I love the Slap Your Mama Margaritas because they are so easy to throw together (and keep the stuff on hand), these sound tasty, but much more time, work, product & money involved in making them. just wondering if they are worth it...

darlinclem said:
I always offer my discontinued and extra stuff at 50% for the discontinued and 20% for the new (no guarantees). It always brings people and when they see the new stuff they want it (especially after I tell them the guarantee part). I had over $400 in orders.

My guests also loved the Lemon dessert and the Raspberry Tequila Sangria (from the Appetizer cookbook). I did limit them all to one small glass since most were driving and I live in the country.

I always do a $400-500 proudcut raffle give away (xcess inventory) but still no takers. :(

ChefPaulaB said:
Hmmm, what did you think of that? Was it worth all the work? Sounds like a lot of fruity stuff and steps. I love the Slap Your Mama Margaritas because they are so easy to throw together (and keep the stuff on hand), these sound tasty, but much more time, work, product & money involved in making them. just wondering if they are worth it...

I think it was well worth it! I had to buy the tequila, triple sec and raspberries but the rest I usually have around. EVERYONE who tried it liked it. My husband even liked it. I was fruity without being too sweet- almost like Hawaiian Punch with a little extra zip :)

heat123 said:
I always do a $400-500 proudcut raffle give away (xcess inventory) but still no takers. :(

Offer the products for sale at a discount instead. Everyone thinks they won't win so don't try. I also have a giveaway that is a ticket drawing. They get a ticket for RSVPing, bringing a friend (or two), ordering and filling out my taste test survey. I had one woman who ended up with 5 tickets (brought two friends) and still didn't win <g>. She did win last time I did it. You can also offer the host benefits as part of the drawing if you have enough to qualify for a show. Since mine has now gone over $550 I have a co-host who gets a piece of stoneware also. She was stoked.

darlinclem said:
I think it was well worth it! I had to buy the tequila, triple sec and raspberries but the rest I usually have around. EVERYONE who tried it liked it. My husband even liked it. I was fruity without being too sweet- almost like Hawaiian Punch with a little extra zip :)

Offer the products for sale at a discount instead. Everyone thinks they won't win so don't try. I also have a giveaway that is a ticket drawing. They get a ticket for RSVPing, bringing a friend (or two), ordering and filling out my taste test survey. I had one woman who ended up with 5 tickets (brought two friends) and still didn't win <g>. She did win last time I did it. You can also offer the host benefits as part of the drawing if you have enough to qualify for a show. Since mine has now gone over $550 I have a co-host who gets a piece of stoneware also. She was stoked.

I do the same with Rsvping, booking, ordering, signing etc and for attending. All of my guests walked out with 3 items each! Cuz they attended, and ordered.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Delicious Fall Spread?

To make the Delicious Fall Spread, you will need:

• 1 package of ravioli
  • 1 can of pizza sauce
  • 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 package of bacon
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

2. How do I assemble the Ravioli Calzone?

To assemble the Ravioli Calzone:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Cook the ravioli according to package instructions and drain.
  3. On a floured surface, roll out the crescent roll dough and cut into 8 equal squares.
  4. Place a spoonful of pizza sauce, a few ravioli, and some mozzarella cheese in the center of each square.
  5. Fold the corners of the dough together and pinch to seal.
  6. Place the calzones on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese for the Bacon Cheddar Cups?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese for the Bacon Cheddar Cups. Some delicious options include pepper jack, gouda, or a mix of different cheeses.

4. How do I make the Merengue Cake?

To make the Merengue Cake:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat 4 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
  3. Gradually add in sugar and vanilla extract while continuing to beat the egg whites.
  4. Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking sheet, forming a 9-inch circle.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes, until the merengue is lightly browned and crispy.
  6. Let cool before serving.

5. Can I make the Delicious Fall Spread ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Delicious Fall Spread ahead of time. The Ravioli Calzone and Bacon Cheddar Cups can be assembled and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. The Merengue Cake can also be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC