• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Italian Red Sangria Recipe for Easter

In summary, Chef Becky said that she is hosting a "Girls Wine Night" party and that she is going to make the classic Sangria. She recommends using non-alcoholic wine, and orange, lemon, and lime slices if desired. She also says that the Sparkling Sangria she has made with both regular and non-alcoholic wine, and also with white and red wines is good any way that she has made it.
pkd09
Silver Member
Anyone have a good (and easy) Italian Red Sangria recipe? I am doing a very non-traditional EAster and going Italian...Lasagna, salad, Garlic Bites, and red wine/Sangria.

I actualll LOVE Carlo Rossi Sangria - I add some grapes, limes and orange to it - makes it easy and delish!!

Here are a couple different PC recipes - the first is from 2006 Una Muestra....the 2nd one I have used at many shows - people love it, and it's also good using white wine.

The Pampered Chef ®
Sangría Clásica (Classic Sangria)
Recipe

2 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
2 bottles (750 ml each) dry red wine such as Merlot or Shiraz
2 cups rum (clear not dark)
4-5 oranges
3-4 limes
4 cups ice cubes
Orange, lemon and lime slices (optional)

1. In Small Saucepan, place 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar. Place saucepan over medium heat; cook while stirring 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; allow sugar mixture to cool completely.

2. Pour wine, rum and cooled sugar mixture into Family-Quick-Stir Pitcher. Juice oranges using Juicer to measure 1 cup juice; add to pitcher. Juice limes to measure 1/2 cup juice; add to pitcher.

3. Add ice cubes; cover pitcher and plunge to mix. Fill tall glasses with ice; add orange, lemon and lime slices as desired. Fill glasses with sangría and serve.

Yield: 1 gallon; 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 5 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: The sugar mixture may be made in advance. It will hold well covered and refrigerated for up to one week.

The flavor of the Sangría improves if made in advance. Follow instructions in steps 1 and 2; and refrigerate overnight. Add ice to pitcher and plunge before serving.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Sparkling Sangria
Ingredients:
1 bottle (25.4 ounces) non-alcoholic red wine, chilled
1/4 cup sugar
1 orange

1 lemon
1 lime
2 cups lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda, chilled

Directions:

1. Open wine bottle using Wine Bottle Opener. Pour wine into Quick-Stir® Pitcher; add sugar. Plunge until well mixed.
2. Slice fruit with Utility Knife; add to wine mixture. Refrigerate 3-4 hours to allow flavors to blend.
3. Add carbonated soda; plunge to mix. Serve immediately.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 cup): Calories 70, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein less than 1 g, Sodium 20 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook’s Tips: Recipe can be easily doubled.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2008
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

thanks ChefBeckyD. im having a "Girls Wine Night" party in a couple of weeks. i just talked to the host & we are going to make the classic sangria now!

Thank you Becky! I think I just may have to do a "sample" batch before Sunday:D (haha).

You are welcome! I forgot to add that the Sparkling Sangria I have made with both regular and non-alcoholic wine, and also with white and red wines - it's been good any way that I've made it.

My family has been known to make cheater "sangria" which sounds weird, but it tastes good. Just mix red wine (it can be the cheap stuff) with orange soda. You can make it by the glass, so someone who wants less orange just uses less soda.

chefann said:
My family has been known to make cheater "sangria" which sounds weird, but it tastes good. Just mix red wine (it can be the cheap stuff) with orange soda. You can make it by the glass, so someone who wants less orange just uses less soda.

Ohhhh Ann - you just reminded me...I have to go start a new thread.

I just saw that thread, Becky. Don't you DARE waste Orange Dream by mixing it with wine!! I will never talk to you again if you do that! :grumpy:

chefann said:
I just saw that thread, Becky. Don't you DARE waste Orange Dream by mixing it with wine!! I will never talk to you again if you do that! :grumpy:

LOL - especially since the Orange Dream would probably cost more than the cheap wine!:D

What ingredients do I need to make Easy Italian Red Sangria for Easter?

To make Easy Italian Red Sangria for Easter, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 bottle of red wine
  • 1/4 cup brandy
  • 1/4 cup orange liqueur
  • 1/4 cup simple syrup
  • 1 orange, sliced
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • 1 cup mixed berries
  • 1 cup club soda

Can I use a different type of wine for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of red wine for this recipe. However, we recommend using a full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, for the best flavor.

How far in advance can I make this sangria?

You can make this Easy Italian Red Sangria up to 24 hours in advance. This will allow the flavors to fully develop and infuse into the wine.

Can I substitute the orange liqueur and brandy with something else?

Yes, if you do not have orange liqueur or brandy, you can substitute them with triple sec or another orange-flavored liqueur, and rum or vodka, respectively.

What is the best way to serve this sangria?

This Easy Italian Red Sangria is best served chilled. You can serve it over ice in individual glasses, or in a large pitcher for a group. Be sure to include some of the fruit slices in each serving for added flavor and presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kaseydee
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • pamperedbecky