• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Friend is Searching for a Mexican Stacked-Up Recipe - Any Ideas?

In summary, this recipe uses a southwestern seasoning mix to layer chicken, bell pepper, green onions, olives, and cheese in tortillas. It is served warm with sour cream and salsa.
twinchefs
Gold Member
I have a friend looking for a recipe. She said it mexican uses the southwest spice and its something stackup. I hoping someone will know what this is.
I have never heard of it, have you??

I don't know about this

what do you think

:chef:

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Mexican Bean Dip 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 262
  • RECIPE CARD - Mexican Bean Dip 002.doc
    23 KB · Views: 235
This sounds similar to what we call 7 layer dip down here. We layer refried beans, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, olives (optional) and tomatoes, etc. You can add/delete ingredients as you please and repeat the layers. The names vary because sometimes it has 12 layers, etc. THIS IS VERY GOOD! I make sure to always eat some at superbowl time! This may be quicker than the recipe above - it is served cold - no baking. Very pretty in the trifle bowl as well:chef:

There was a layered Mexican thing WAY back (before I signed in 2001). I only know about it because it's on the cover of one of the catalogs that's hanging at HO. It looked like tortillas layered with meat and cheese, then baked. One of the long-timers might have it, or one of the usual suspect recipe sites (joycesfinecooking or razzledazzlerecipes).

Chile Verde Dip SB S/S2001

I believe you might be talking about the Fiesta Tortilla Stack from the Fall/Winter Catalog 1999 (yes I still have it!) It can also be found in the Season's Best Fall/Winter 1999. Hope this helps!!!

Fiesta Tortialla Stack

1 can (9 oz) bean dip
2 Tbsp plus 1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp plus 1/2 tsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix, divided
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops (about 8)
3/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives, divided
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro, divided
5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
Vegetable oil
2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Salsa (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In 1 qt. Batter Bowl, combine bean dip, 2 Tbsp of the sour cream and 1 Tbsp of the seasoning mix; mix well. Chop chicken and bell pepper using Food Chopper; place Classic 2 qt Batter Bowl. Add green onions, 1/2 cup of the olive slices, and 2 Tbsp of the cilantro to Batter Bowl; mix gently. Place one tortilla on 13" Round Baking Stone. Using medium Stainless Steel Scoop, top tortilla with 2 scoops of bean mixture; spread to within 1/4 inch of edge using Large Spreader. Top evenly with 1 cup of chicken mixture. Cut cheese chunk into 4 equal pieces. Shred one piece of cheese evenly over chicken mixture using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Repeat layers of tortilla, bean mixture, chicken mixture and cheese 3 more times. Top with remaining tortilla; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sour cream with the remaining 1/2 tsp seasoning mix; spread evenly over top of warm tortilla stack. Sprinkle with tomato, remaining 1/4 cup olive slices and cilantro. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings

1. What ingredients do I need for a Mexican stacked-up recipe?

The ingredients for a Mexican stacked-up recipe can vary, but some common ones include tortillas, beans, cheese, salsa, and various vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and corn.

2. Can I make the recipe vegetarian or vegan?

Yes, you can easily make a vegetarian or vegan version by substituting the meat with tofu or extra beans, and using dairy-free cheese or leaving it out altogether.

3. How can I make the recipe healthier?

To make the recipe healthier, you can use whole wheat tortillas, lean protein such as chicken or turkey, and load up on vegetables. You can also use low-fat cheese or skip it altogether.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the components of the recipe in advance and assemble it right before serving. This will save you time and make meal prep easier.

5. Can I add other toppings to the stack?

Absolutely! You can customize the recipe by adding your favorite toppings such as avocado, cilantro, jalapenos, or even fruit like pineapple or mango for a sweet and savory twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies