• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Required to Use Pampered Chef Recipes?????????

In summary, many people use PC recipes, though they can also use their own recipes. You are not required to use PC recipes, but it can help promote your products.
chefbria
I have a friend interested in the business that would liket to know if she can make her own recipes or do they have to be from the cookbooks. I told her that they had to be from the PC cookbooks but has any one ever made recipes of their own. Also do you know of many mexican recipes to use with our products??
Your response is appreciated.

You are able to use whatever recipes that you would like during your demos! Just tell her to look over a recipe with the thought in mind of what products she could use for each step. Tell her to keep a product total of all of the products she could demo. If a step would call for one of our products that she doesn't have, she can even completely do pre-prep on that step and then just add it into the recipe and talk about the product that she could have used. (I hope that makes sense...it is still early for me!)

I would say a really good demo recipe will showcase at least $300-$400 in products.

Many people use our PC recipes, though, since then they can cross sell the cookbook they came from, as well as they are usually very fool proof!

HTH

That was my question too before I signed! I came from a job as a personal chef - so thought of course that my recipes would be better:) (I know - sorta arrogant) I never cooked with premade mixes or bread from a can - but I discovered there are a lot of PC recipes that don't require those - and I have really loosened up alot too - I realize that for alot of people the choices are to use those conveniences or go thru a drive-thru! So I give my customers what they want! I still won't do cakes in the microwave....but I do use bread in a can sometimes! I have come to appreciate and value the PC recipes - and love the new SB & Cooking for Two cookbooks - about the only time I use my own recipes is when I do a "Ten At A Time" show - teaching people how to make meals ahead and package them for the freezer - I use my own recipes then because they are specially formulated for freezing and reheating. So yes - she can use her own recipes - but she probably won't need to - PC has alot of great choices!

Oh - and regarding Mexican recipes - the "Una Meustra de Pampered Chef" is all recipes formulated for the Hispanic market - if you want to see them in English - they are available on CC!

Are you required to use PC recipesI use a combination of recipes on my shows. Being a small town you have to be careful of what your having because you may have the same guest three times at one party.So I have to really be careful and find different recipes to use.:)

Ten At A Time...Okay - I've had several email requests for this info - so I'm trying to attach what I have - hope this works!

Attachments

• Ten at a Time.doc
    30 KB · Views: 565
  • Suggested Ten at a Time Products.doc
    21 KB · Views: 420
  • Garden Style Stuffed Potatoes.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Greek Grilled Chicken.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Roasted Asparagus w.doc
    29 KB · Views: 274
More Ten At A Time RecipesHere you go!:)

Attachments

• Whitefish Baked Scampi.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Chicken Ceciliani.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Italian Broccoli.doc
    28 KB · Views: 367
  • Teriyaki Meatloaf.doc
    31 KB · Views: 321
I usually use PC recipes because they are usually fast and we are trying to get more people to eat at home. But, with that being said I do put twists into some recipes like the Ham and Cheese Omelet roll, sometimes I will do chorizo instead of ham and sauteed onions with swiss cheese.

There isn't a "rule" that says to use PC recipes only. I like the other suggestions....make sure it uses alot of PC tools, offering something useful (cook ahead meals, ingredients that are unique to your area, etc). I would suggest though that if you do use a non-PC recipe that you write it down to pass out at the show. When you use a PC recipe and they ask for it you can say that it's found on "pg. 23 in the Season's Best CB". I think it would be frustrating for someone that really liked a recipe and being told that it's a personal recipe and they can't find it anywhere.

Okay, I used to say I only use PC recipes by choice because it sells more cookbooks. At my first sip and dip show, I made the caramel apple dip with apple butter. I had another non-PC recipe, but wouldn't use it and then I didn't like the PC one with apple butter. Next time I'll use the other one in this particular case. But I'm still going to try to use PC recipes as much as possible (at least for the main recipe I demo).

Jeanie

A friend of mine told me about some frozen breakfast "skillets" that you only add eggs to. I bought one at WalMart the other day and fixed it last night. It has potatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, black beans, and corn in it. You cook it in 1 tbs. oil for about 7 minutes, then you push all of that to the side of your 12" skillet and add 6 large eggs to the other half of the skillet. You scramble the eggs, then mix it all together, top it with cheese and serve it. It was so good. I thought this would be a good brunch type recipe. The packages only serve 4 people, but if you had 2 packages you could probably give everyone a sample. In my area, people are always eating on the run, so this would be great....it only took about 10 minutes to prepare.

I guess I am on the other side of the fence! I hardly ever use PC recipes! I did a lot of the Dim Sum shows with the potstickers, but other than that I don't really. I type up the recipe and put it in my lapboards for people to have it. I also pass around my cookbooks so people can flip through them and I always sell 2 or 3.

Shawnna said:
A friend of mine told me about some frozen breakfast "skillets" that you only add eggs to. I bought one at WalMart the other day and fixed it last night. It has potatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, black beans, and corn in it. You cook it in 1 tbs. oil for about 7 minutes, then you push all of that to the side of your 12" skillet and add 6 large eggs to the other half of the skillet. You scramble the eggs, then mix it all together, top it with cheese and serve it. It was so good. I thought this would be a good brunch type recipe. The packages only serve 4 people, but if you had 2 packages you could probably give everyone a sample. In my area, people are always eating on the run, so this would be great....it only took about 10 minutes to prepare.

While I am a BIG fan of the skillet dinners from the frozen food section. I would not use one at a show because it doesn't allow you to show any kitchen tools other than our cookware and spatula. In the past I have talked about the skillet dinners when talking about cookware and telling people how quick and simple they are. And how nice they are to have on hand for those busy nights. Our goal is to sell the tools that make life easier but don't make it so easy that they look at your recipe and say..."Hey, I've got a skillet at home, I'll just use that!"

You could cut up the potatoes, onions, bell peppers and such at the show, meke the meal at the show, but show everyone how they could make it ahead of time and throw individual portions in ziplocks into the freezer for quick healthy morning meals!

gilliandanielle said:
You could cut up the potatoes, onions, bell peppers and such at the show, meke the meal at the show, but show everyone how they could make it ahead of time and throw individual portions in ziplocks into the freezer for quick healthy morning meals!

That is exactly what I was thinking. You could also say that by making this at home you are not eating preservatives and all those other things you cant pronounce.:)

While PC does not require us to use their recipes they do encourage it. PC recipes are tested thouroughly in our multimillion dollar kitchens so they can be totally trusted to turn out. We represent PC when we are in our aprons and our recipes are part of it.

That being said I will sometimes use a non-PC recipe but only recipes that I have made MANY times before and can totally trust and I ALWAYS tell them that it is not a PC recipe. I do tell my guests that the recipes from PC are always a hit but that our tools will make ALL recipes easier to do.

Wow so many responses. I thank all of you for sharing...This is my fourth month in the busy and no one has ever told me I could use my own recipes nor did I ask. I just assumed it had to be the recipes from the PC cookbooks. My recruit is hispanic and she explained to me that they do alot of stove top cooking so she wanted to make recipes of her own. So with this information I can let her know that it will be fine. Thanks again

Hispanic Recipes!I posted this earlier - but in case it got lost in all of the communication - The "Una Muestra de The Pampered Chef" cookbook is all recipes for the Hispanic cook - so they take into consideration that its a mostly Stove-Top cooking style! You might want to point this out to her!

Related to Are You Required to Use Pampered Chef Recipes?????????

1. Are Pampered Chef consultants required to use only Pampered Chef recipes?

No, Pampered Chef consultants are not required to use only Pampered Chef recipes. While we highly recommend and stand by the quality of our recipes, you are free to use any recipes you prefer.

2. Will using non-Pampered Chef recipes affect my business as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, using non-Pampered Chef recipes will not negatively affect your business as a Pampered Chef consultant. In fact, it can be a great way to showcase the versatility of our products and attract a wider customer base.

3. Can I modify Pampered Chef recipes to fit my personal preferences or dietary restrictions?

Yes, you are welcome to modify Pampered Chef recipes to fit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Our recipes are meant to be customizable and adaptable to individual needs.

4. Are there any benefits to using Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, there are several benefits to using Pampered Chef recipes. Our recipes are developed and tested by our team of experts to ensure delicious and reliable results. They also often feature our products, making it easier for you to demonstrate and sell them to your customers.

5. Can I share Pampered Chef recipes with others?

Yes, you are welcome to share Pampered Chef recipes with others. In fact, we encourage you to share your favorite recipes with your customers and potential customers to showcase the quality and variety of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies