• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Always Do a Pampered Chef Recipe at Your Shows?

In summary, PC recipes are quick and easy to create, and guests are able to use them in many different ways.
winklermom
Just curious as to how different consultants do this. I see the point of using PC recipes to encourage guests to purchase SB or cookbooks but wondering if you ever venture out on your own and do something you've tried that was a hit at home?

I worked as a personal chef before I started with PC, and I thought I'd probably use my own recipes for shows...but that didn't last long. PC puts so much time, thought, and effort into recipes that showcase our products beautifully - and I've always been able to find numerous recipes each year that make such great demos - why go to all of the extra work to try create that same excitement with my recipes?

And besides - I'm not trying to sell the recipes, I'm trying to sell the products. The easier it is to accomplish the recipe, the more time and creativity I can put into actually showing the versatility of the products I'm using.

Now - what I do very often is create my own version of PC recipes. For instance - I loved the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos - but thought it would work better as a salad - so my biggest hit of the summer, Cool and Crunchy Taco Salad - was born! I tend to take any recipe and put my own twist on it, and this isn't any different with PC recipes. :)

The other thing about PC recipes is that they are so quick and easy, which is good for shows.For instance, I make a mean crust for things like gallettes and it would work great for almost anything we use the crescent rolls for--but I'd have to use my food processor, chill the crust in the fridge and roll it out. They'd fall asleep before they ever got to eat.So I tell guests they can make everything from scratch if they like. If the stoneware cooks crescent rolls well, it will do wonderful things for grandma' special recipe. Or they can use the PC short cuts. I'm here to show them how our product works, they are free to use them any way they like. As my brother the Food Snob says, if it can make shortcuts taste good, he knows they'll show off his cooking even more.

BlueMoon said:
The other thing about PC recipes is that they are so quick and easy, which is good for shows.

For instance, I make a mean crust for things like gallettes and it would work great for almost anything we use the crescent rolls for--but I'd have to use my food processor, chill the crust in the fridge and roll it out. They'd fall asleep before they ever got to eat.

So I tell guests they can make everything from scratch if they like. If the stoneware cooks crescent rolls well, it will do wonderful things for grandma' special recipe. Or they can use the PC short cuts. I'm here to show them how our product works, they are free to use them any way they like. As my brother the Food Snob says, if it can make shortcuts taste good, he knows they'll show off his cooking even more.

Awesome words! :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
I worked as a personal chef before I started with PC, and I thought I'd probably use my own recipes for shows...but that didn't last long. PC puts so much time, thought, and effort into recipes that showcase our products beautifully - and I've always been able to find numerous recipes each year that make such great demos - why go to all of the extra work to try create that same excitement with my recipes?

And besides - I'm not trying to sell the recipes, I'm trying to sell the products. The easier it is to accomplish the recipe, the more time and creativity I can put into actually showing the versatility of the products I'm using.

Now - what I do very often is create my own version of PC recipes. For instance - I loved the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos - but thought it would work better as a salad - so my biggest hit of the summer, Cool and Crunchy Taco Salad - was born! I tend to take any recipe and put my own twist on it, and this isn't any different with PC recipes. :)
Hey! That was MY idea! :p I created it as soon as I saw the recipe - wasn't going to mess with shells - actually made it as a trifle the first couple times but it was too bland looking - needed a punch of color. - it's okay, though, I'll share the credit for creating it with you and the thousands of others who also created it. :cool:

And don't forget to brag on your Buffalo Chicken Dip! :thumbup: Now that I've done it at a few shows, I have hosts saying "make that chicken dip you made at Mary's show". Yummm!

I generally always make a PC recipe at shows. I think PC offers us some awesome recipes that are quick and easy to make. That doesn't mean that you have to only offer that, people where making rush hour fajitas before it became a PC recipe.

BethCooks4U said:
Hey! That was MY idea! :p I created it as soon as I saw the recipe - wasn't going to mess with shells - actually made it as a trifle the first couple times but it was too bland looking - needed a punch of color. - it's okay, though, I'll share the credit for creating it with you and the thousands of others who also created it. :cool:

And don't forget to brag on your Buffalo Chicken Dip! :thumbup: Now that I've done it at a few shows, I have hosts saying "make that chicken dip you made at Mary's show". Yummm!

LOL! for a punch of color, I started doing diced red pepper on the top! Very pretty! :)

i usually do PC recipes because so many of them are cheap and easy. But, I don't have a problem doing non-PC recipes.

If you do PC recipes, it is probably easier for recruiting purposes, too, since the new recruit would have access to them right away. Always make things easier, not harder!! Just my opinion.....

I tend to alter things a little, but PC provides tons of great recipes. I have been doing the taco ring a lot lately and have had people say that they can't believe it is still around (guess it was very common around here about 5 yrs ago).

lesliec said:
I tend to alter things a little, but PC provides tons of great recipes. I have been doing the taco ring a lot lately and have had people say that they can't believe it is still around (guess it was very common around here about 5 yrs ago).

5 - try 25! That was around when I first hosted parties back in the early 80's.

Related to Do You Always Do a Pampered Chef Recipe at Your Shows?

1. Can I request a specific Pampered Chef recipe for my show?

Yes, you can definitely request a specific Pampered Chef recipe for your show. Our consultants are trained in a variety of recipes and can accommodate your preferences. Simply let your consultant know ahead of time so they can plan accordingly.

2. Are the recipes at Pampered Chef shows always complicated and time-consuming?

No, not all Pampered Chef recipes are complicated and time-consuming. Our consultants understand that time is valuable, so they often choose recipes that are easy to make and can be prepared quickly. They also provide tips and tricks for making the process even more efficient.

3. Do I have to purchase all the ingredients for the Pampered Chef recipe at the show?

No, you do not have to purchase all the ingredients for the Pampered Chef recipe at the show. Our consultants will provide a list of necessary ingredients beforehand so you can purchase them ahead of time. However, if you prefer, you can purchase the ingredients at the show as well.

4. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the Pampered Chef recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients in the Pampered Chef recipe. Our consultants are happy to provide alternative options for dietary restrictions or personal preferences. They may also suggest ways to adjust the recipe for different ingredients.

5. Are the Pampered Chef recipes only for specific kitchen appliances or tools?

No, Pampered Chef recipes are not limited to specific kitchen appliances or tools. While some recipes may require certain tools, our consultants are trained to provide alternative methods or equipment that can be used. They will also suggest ways to adapt the recipe if you do not have a specific tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies