• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Find My Yummy Mexican/Puerto Rican Pork Recipe!

well, I don't know how long it takes, but it's supposed to cook it a lot faster. I would check the temp with a thermometer after 30 minutes. :-)
mrssyvo
I have been unable to find this recipe, so asking for some help. I have a pork roast, that I want to use tomorrow in crock pot (very busy day) and I am looking for a recipe of a pork dish I had before, and have been trying to recreate it, with no luck. It is either puerto rican or mexican pork, used in sandwiches like pulled pork, but it does not have BBQ sauce, it is just cooked in spices, and is so yummy!!!! I believe it might have cumin in it, and garlic of couse- Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Sue, are you looking for a PC recipe, or just a recipe in general?

I have one that is really good, but it isn't PC....

no, not a pc recipe- I guess I should have specified that- It is not for a show (yet) I just want to make it for dinner tomorrow night. Janice (JWPamp) is coming in the morning, for part 2 of our field trip- if you remember a few months ago, I went to her home to see her organization system of her office- Well, I am finally in my new office, so she is coming here, to help me figure it all out- then I have a DR appointment in the afternoon, no time to cook.

sounds like Carnitas. YUM!

Here you go. I usually double the cumin, use fresh garlic, and I add a small can of chopped green chilis.

SLOW COOKER CARNITAS

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
2 bay leaves
2 cups chicken broth

DIRECTIONS
Mix together salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat pork with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top. Pour the chicken broth around the sides of the pork, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture.
Cover and cook on Low until the pork shreds easily with a fork, about 10 hours. Turn the meat after it has cooked for 5 hours. When the pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Use cooking liquid as needed to moisten the meat.

Thank you !!!! I think this is it- You are the BEST!!!!

mrssyvo said:
Thank you !!!! I think this is it- You are the BEST!!!!

You're welcome. :)

Growing up, my best friends mom (who is Hispanic - from Mexico) used to make these all of the time. She called them Chiliburros. That is where I learned to use more cumin and add the chilis. Then, she served the meat with green taco sauce on flour tortillas that she heated up by flipping them from side to side right on the burner of the stove. They got little black charred marks on them...which just added to the wonderful flavor. I love these! Thinking about them makes my mouth water!

Becky, do you add the fresh garlic in addition to the powder, or instead of?

mrssyvo said:
Becky, do you add the fresh garlic in addition to the powder, or instead of?

Instead of....

Since discovering my PC Garlic Press many years ago, I haven't even purchased garlic powder. Don't own it!:D

neither do I, that was why I was asking- I want it to be authenic, and I do not believe garlic powder is authenic.

Tonight I am making a whole chicken! I am planning to use my Deep baker for the first time!!!

Here is my question - I need to know how to cook it in the oven not the microwave with the Deep Baker.

It only gives directions for the Microwave and I am less than 3 hours away from dinner time!!

I will also be making mashed potatoes, bisquits, cranberry sauce and broccli!

pamperedchef02 said:
Tonight I am making a whole chicken! I am planning to use my Deep baker for the first time!!!

Here is my question - I need to know how to cook it in the oven not the microwave with the Deep Baker.

It only gives directions for the Microwave and I am less than 3 hours away from dinner time!!

I will also be making mashed potatoes, bisquits, cranberry sauce and broccli!

Follow the guidelines on the packaging on the chicken. Your thermometer is your friend here. Cook til it's up to temp.

I understand all that but since the deep baker cooks differently than my normal baking sheet, I need to know if a different temp is required as well as how much faster it cooks.

I know when I put the chicken in the oven, it cooks in 3 hours. The deep baker is supposed to cook it in 30 minutes. If this is true, then I need to know how long to put it in the oven and what degrees.

If it just cooks the sameway as the baking sheet theres really no special reason for me to have the deep baker then? See what I am saying?

it cooks in 30 minutes in the microwave, not in the oven. I have attached a sheet of recipes for the oven, see if any of them will help you with your question.

Attachments

• Deep Covered Baker.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 406
Stoneware cooks more evenly than "regular" baking dishes. But otherwise, there's no difference. If you're baking something that has a short bake time (like cookies), you may need to add a few minutes to the time to allow the stone to heat up. Chicken in stoneware takes the same time as a glass or metal baking dish, it just stays moister.

ChefBeckyD- Oh My Goodness,this was "slap your momma" good!!! exactly what I was looking for, but better than I remembered even. Thank you so much!!!! I may have to frame the recipe!!! Thanks again!!!!

What ingredients do I need for a Mexican/Puerto Rican pork recipe?

For a delicious Mexican/Puerto Rican pork recipe, you will need pork shoulder, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, orange juice, and salt.

Can I substitute pork shoulder with a different type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute pork shoulder with pork loin or pork tenderloin. However, keep in mind that the cooking time and method may vary, so adjust accordingly.

Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make this recipe. A large pot or Dutch oven and a baking dish will suffice.

How long does it take to cook the Mexican/Puerto Rican pork?

The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your pork shoulder, but on average, it takes about 2-3 hours to cook the meat until it is tender and falls apart easily.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. The flavors will actually develop more if you let the pork marinate in the refrigerator overnight before cooking. You can also cook the pork a day in advance and reheat it in the oven or on the stove before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • MrsCsfive